Neanderthal child

norseman

3 hours ago, norseman said:

I will take the Max Plank institute of anthropology over Danny Vendramini any day.

Ditto.

3 hours ago, norseman said:

We have proof. Neanderthals eye sockets are bigger than Homo Sapiens.

My context of my post was about the Sasquatch, not Neanderthal ;)

18 hours ago, Huntster said:

Hollywood got it correct in the 1984 movie "Iceman".  Nice shades, not blue blockers and not Foster Grants but they worked.  What about cold arctic air?  Look at the size of their noses. To deal with frigid air, what is the volume of the nose and sinus cavities and how does that volume influence eye socket size?

10 hours ago, norseman said:

I will take the Max Plank institute of anthropology over Danny Vendramini any day........

Sounds fair. Do it on a warm day in mid winter, hold them tightly to your chest, and walk out onto thin ice. :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

.......What about cold arctic air?  Look at the size of their noses. To deal with frigid air, what is the volume of the nose and sinus cavities and how does that volume influence eye socket size?

With regard to horses, Bashkir Curly Horses, from Siberia, tend to have smaller nostrils because of the colder air. People and horses from hotter regions tend to have larger nostrils. 

When it gets to sub-zero cold, it makes my eyes water like a faucet.

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Sounds fair. Do it on a warm day in mid winter, hold them tightly to your chest, and walk out onto thin ice. :biggrin:

Sounds better than chaining a snake oil salesman around my neck climbing to the highest cliff and jumping off….

1 minute ago, norseman said:

Sounds better than chaining a snake oil salesman around my neck climbing to the highest cliff and jumping off….

:lol:

Depends on if you bounce better than you swim. :biggrin:

Vendramini's ugly monkey man graphics are a classic example in marketing. I'm guessing that he did that specifically because Max Planck and his troupe of pointy headed poindexters ran him out of their anthropology club. He reminds me of the Alaska Monster Hunters on TV, but the difference is that he has anthropological theories that make good sense. The monster hunters are shysters chasing money, not monsters. If you think about it, the Max Planck Institute chases money, too.........

52 minutes ago, Huntster said:

:lol:

Depends on if you bounce better than you swim. :biggrin:

Vendramini's ugly monkey man graphics are a classic example in marketing. I'm guessing that he did that specifically because Max Planck and his troupe of pointy headed poindexters ran him out of their anthropology club. He reminds me of the Alaska Monster Hunters on TV, but the difference is that he has anthropological theories that make good sense. The monster hunters are shysters chasing money, not monsters. If you think about it, the Max Planck Institute chases money, too.........

Despite mainstream science’s flaws? Vendramini hasn’t spent years in a cave with a tooth brush documenting fossils. He hasn’t sequenced the Neanderthal genome either. The Plank institute has done both. I have respect for that.

Verdramini IS a classic example of marketing. And he has to do that because otherwise he would just be another face in the crowd. Thals are a lot like us but not. Ho hum. Instead Neanderthals were super predators with wild characteristics as we mentioned that ate men and bred our women… evidently to their own extinction. That’s a head scratcher…. Where does this guy get his info?

Meanwhile the Plank institute is in a boring dark cave somewhere digging up the past. No frills. Science may not be perfect. And yes it too seeks funding. But I haven’t seen it embarrass it’s self quite like Verdramini has.

And that’s pushing aside cryptid hominids, I think we are in agreement, that doesn’t get a fair shake.

Children have larger eyes porportionally to their bodies, in any species. Here's a replica of a human child's skull, ages 3-5. Its eyes look too big, too. That Neanderthal child's skull is fascinating. I wish I could have seen them. How amazing would it have been to have lived at a time when there were several human species around, and interacting with one another. Fascinating.

2022-01-24 (6).png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I revisited this photo. It certainly could simply be their eyes are bigger? Because their heads are bigger!

40107A09-7D63-4A9C-A5A5-1ECD7B1693FE.png

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, norseman said:

......But I haven’t seen it embarrass it’s self quite like Verdramini has........

I disagree.

.......And that’s pushing aside cryptid hominids, I think we are in agreement, that doesn’t get a fair shake.

I most definitely agree with that. 

• 9 months later...
On 1/24/2022 at 3:47 PM, Huntster said:

Science is the latest, greatest religions.

Science is most certainly not a religion.

5 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

Science is most certainly not a religion.

I'm sorry. You're correct. Please allow me to rephrase:

'Science is the latest, greatest religion to many people.'

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

'llWhile there's is the side of evolution characterized by gradual adaptation to better function within a stable habitat, you guys seem to be overlooking a factor that lends itself to much faster evolution, namely bottlenecks, where a majority of the species is selected(dies off) leaving a remnant population that survived either due to geographic isolation or a mutation that somehow facilitated their continued survival through a sudden event or shift in a habitat, which is then spread through the breeding of the remaining individuals to become prevalent within the population of the new  resurgence of the species. 

It's through a series of bottleneck events that evolution can seem to proceed at an  accelerated rate, effecting changes  much faster than is seen in "typical" selective evolution.

• Thanks 1