Anything POSITIVE about Sasquatch?

Tylo

Curious to know if anyone has any positive thoughts regarding Sasquatch?  They certainly draw people into the outdoors for exercise, create mental gymnastics to keep the brain limber, can be like a fun game/fantasy for some people.  If you've seen them or experienced them in some way it DOES make you think the world is not as it seems, it expands your thinking.  Is there something clearly positive or no?

5 minutes ago, Tylo said:

Curious to know if anyone has any positive thoughts regarding Sasquatch?  They certainly draw people into the outdoors for exercise, create mental gymnastics to keep the brain limber, can be like a fun game/fantasy for some people.  If you've seen them or experienced them in some way it DOES make you think the world is not as it seems, it expands your thinking.  Is there something clearly positive or no?

Unlike a lot of people…I actually enjoy the topic.  So for me, the majority of it is positive.  I like hearing about different theories and methods of investigation.  I enjoy it when someone else involved with the subject has a personal success or finds an exciting piece of evidence.  I believe that a lot of the phenomenon itself has darker qualities.  I believe that there is a certain level of predation that occurs with these things.  

I had a sighting of something when I was younger.  It caused me a great deal of fear and didn’t behave in a friendly manner.  I haven’t had a sighting as an adult, although I have had some experiences.  Seeing that as a kid and experienced the stuff I have as an adult…it’s certainly changed the way that I look at the world.  Not always for the best, but all growth is painful.

• Upvote 2

I agree.  Investigative methods are varied and really interesting to read/watch!  It definitely is a stimulating topic. Obviously there is the positive nature aspect. BUT there is so much negativity put out there.  They scare, frighten, terrify people.  Blowing out your adrenal glands is not good.  I've been wondering if anyone has come up with a really positive aspect of them.

4 minutes ago, Tylo said:

I agree.  Investigative methods are varied and really interesting to read/watch!  It definitely is a stimulating topic. Obviously there is the positive nature aspect. BUT there is so much negativity put out there.  They scare, frighten, terrify people.  Blowing out your adrenal glands is not good.  I've been wondering if anyone has come up with a really positive aspect of them.

A lot of people report very positive encounters.   It seems that repeated, non-hostile encounters at close range would provide ample opportunities for the collection of evidence…as opposed to a briefer/scarier or more violent encounter.  But, if there is evidence out there of such experiences…I’ve never seen it. 

As far as the negative aspects of people’s encounters… they are larger than us and possess physical strengths that we do not. People are also told their entire lives that these things don’t exist…so it shakes their reality when they see one.  

Also…if these things are simply animals, they probably view us as a food source, albeit a dangerous one.  If they are something more, they obviously don’t care to much for us for one reason or another.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tylo said:

I've been wondering if anyone has come up with a really positive aspect of them.

I have, if they exist, which I'm convinced that they do :) They are marvelous creatures and magnificent in every way. They are survivors that live with and within Nature. They build nests so obviously care about birthing in privacy and their young. And their speed, strength, cunning, and intelligence as well as their home and habitats should be respected and left alone. My issues are with people that,  through their actions don't really care about any of that. As a result I get in trouble when I voice my opinions on the matter. The whole concept that there could be such a being out there in the wild is mind blowing to say the least, and after centuries, deserve all of the peace and isolation from us that they deserve.

• Haha 1

BlackRockBigFoot and hiflier, Thank you for that!  I agree with you both.  Reality is TRULY changed forever and you ponder things.  LOL!  I've all along thought they just go about their business and spy on us once in a while, more than likely amused at my actions.  I just see and hear so much about the terror, so much bad stuff.  I don't actually need to see one.  I think they are very smart, though.

I don't need to see one either, Tylo.

I see the Incorrigible1 personal 'hiflier' dismissal program is still hard at work. Good job, Inc1. Proud of you, my child. In fact everyone should be :)

Edited by hiflier

SSR Team
12 hours ago, Tylo said:

Curious to know if anyone has any positive thoughts regarding Sasquatch?  They certainly draw people into the outdoors for exercise, 

That right there is a clear winner for anyone that does it imo and is the big positive that you're looking for ! :)

1 minute ago, Explorer said:

........Rarely do people tell me that they want to see a sasquatch when they are camping solo in the middle of a wilderness area.........

I want to see a sasquatch when I'm camping solo in the middle of a wilderness. 

It's sorta' like the difference between seeing a grizzly cross the road in front of your car vrs seeing one in the wilderness. I've witnessed both within the past few years, both were gifts, but everything tastes better when camping, if you know what I mean.

.........However, it is all fun and games until darkness falls and you end up with an encounter that scares you to death or psychologically/spiritually transforms you in a negative way...........

.......or physically, like a bear mauling.

I've hunted solo for many years now in Alaska, and I routinely see grizzlies or their sign on nearly every trip I go on. I've had them up close in random encounters, and I've had them sneaking around my camp. Yes, they disturb my at times, but it's all part of the experience. My greatest fear is surprising a sow with cubs at close quarters or having a murderous bear attack me while I'm all wrapped up in a sleeping bag in a tent. I prepare for both possibilities as best I can and live with it.

I'm not nearly as afraid of a sasquatch as I am bears or snakes, and since there are no snakes in Alaska, those are scratched off my list as well. Sasquatches appear to be quite shy. If they were killers, humanity would have known all about them by now.

Explorer:  made me laugh when you mentioned people wanting to watch them at a distance, like watching buffalo or wolves from the supposed safety of a car in a sanctuary.  It doesn't always happen that way!  LOL!  It's so true what you say about the fear and it does mess with your head.  From what I've heard and seen online is that many people are not working their way through their experiences.  It does result in PTSD for many people, even I don't go outside after dark.  I'm actually very sad for the people who cannot shake the terror of their encounter.  The BAD is very popular online, though.

Hunster: I hope you get your sighting, you'll probably handle it very well!  : )  Yeah, snakes are my first fear here.  Luckily, I interact mostly with the really little snakes.

Huntster I meant, sorry for the typo. 

• Upvote 1

I have 2 young step grandkids. They love to engage in running down the battery on their iPads BUT if I tell them that we are going to go outside and look for Bigfoot they get all excited and run to put on their coats. Of course I just take them about the yard in the light (mindful of the coyotes I mentioned a day or so ago) and we have a blast while they learn things about nature that they don't realize they are learning. So far we have practiced tree identification (by leaf, by bark which is harder for me but I'm working on it, and by seed/nut where appropriate), tracking (we have practiced finding coyotes, deer and fox all of which leave abundant sign in our woods, and we are now working on listening to birds and identifying them...hard in the winter, ha). They love it, and have apparently explained all of this to their paternal grandmother and grandfather who are now suddenly fans of the big guy since it has gotten their grandkids off the couch and out into the fresh air.

To be fair, none of this activity is really related to Bigfoot...but I like to thank her and him anyway for the support, because without them as a motivator those boys would run out of battery power and fight over the charger. :-)

• Upvote 4

DrPSH:  I REALLY happy to hear that!  I lived in Milwaukee for a decade, city kids were eager to learn about nature.  Kids in my building usually came to me whenever there was a bug or bird they wanted to know about. There was the stag beetle episode!  LOL! I tried so hard to get people to stop hating nature, there are ways to interact with it without harm.  People did think possums were big rats, though.  It's the tail.

I have a big thing about gardening/nature, kids need to be taught early and continue to be taught.  If you don't have it, you lose a part of your humanity.

I'm in my mid 50s, I can say that people are losing touch with nature and it's extremely alarming to me.  I often wonder if that is by design by the higher ups?  "You don't care about the natural world and its inhabitants so we can destroy it/exploit it without your knowledge" type of thing?  Very worrisome.  Will humans try to save this planet when they think they can just go live on another planet?

I have never seen a sasquatch, however, my brother saw one, (he has also seen 3 in meadow once) walk right behind me as my buddies and I was looking the opposite direction and a hunting buddy of mine saw one that was between him and me, so I have had numerous encounters and been close to them. My fear of them stems from their sneaky-ness and the thought that they might enjoy messing with me.

I fear cougars also. I hunt in areas where there is a high concentration of cougars. I have never seen one, but I have heard them, seen their tracks and hunting buddies have seen them in the close vicinity of them and me. So I have been close to them and my fear of them is that I may look like lunch.

I have no fear of any other animals. I have healthy respect for them though.

If I had my choice, I would rather have a sasquatch enjoy messing with me than a cougar licking his or her chops while having the dinner bell look in their eyes.

Still, sasquatches freak me out and I'd rather not have a close encounter, especially if it is between me and my escape route. Long distance ( more than a hundred yards) would be better for me.

Doug:  I couldn't handle a sighting, as I wrote above it might kill me if I turned around in my yard and saw a human or Sasquatch partially hidden and staring at me.  Too startling! Yeah, I have had four snakes in the house ( poisonous spiders, too.)  They are completely silent and it creeps me out.  Every time I encounter a snake I pretty much think they all should have bells around their necks, SOMETHING that makes sound.  LOL! I think you are right in thinking some may just want to mess with humans out of boredom or for entertainment or learning more of our behavior.  Overall I think they are similar to humans but are superior in some ways.   I've been trying to think of the really GOOD aspects and those aspects are always very complicated.