Your favorite Sasquatch movie?

SasquatchPA

Purely as a fictional what if....What if Patterson and Gimlin found a Bigfoot on their trek but it was already dead. As in it had been shot and they decide to take a piece of it as proof of existence and to be studied. Well, that's MY movie idea and I've already written the screenplay, copyrighted it, and registered it with the Writer's Guild of America West. And though it's not about Patterson/Gimlin, I think the premise of the movie would work for audiences just fine.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Purely as a fictional what if....What if Patterson and Gimlin found a Bigfoot on their trek but it was already dead. As in it had been shot and they decide to take a piece of it as proof of existence and to be studied. Well, that's MY movie idea and I've already written the screenplay, copyrighted it, and registered it with the Writer's Guild of America West. And though it's not about Patterson/Gimlin, I think the premise of the movie would work for audiences just fine.

I believe that could be a good film with the right director and actors. There's a couple of reasons you'd have to be careful with it:
1) The "taking a piece of it" part would immediately translate into "lets do a horror film!" for most mainstream directors, and
2) No one has ever actually been able to "take a piece of one" for proof in the entire history of the subject and this might end up bringing even more attention to that fact.
You'd definitely have to place some strict guidelines on it but if you hooked up with the right people it could work. It's very impressive that you've went as far as you have with it and it would be a shame if it didn't ever get made so I hope you don't give up on it. 

My idea centers more around producing a docudrama with really good actors who would depict the personal lives of Bob and Roger leading up to the trip to Bluff Creek and the ultimate discovery, their lives after the discovery including the four horseman: Dahinden, Green, Krantz and Byrne, Roger's death, then Bob's life in the aftermath.; a biopic, and depending on the skill of the actors, it might even grab some nominations. I think if someone did a true-story based film and not deviate one bit from Bob's account, all while capturing the imagination and hearts of millions of movie-goers, that would do more to further acceptance of the subject than anything else has to date. I would go as far as to include both Bill Munns and Jeff Meldrum in the actual film, appearing in the modern aftermath as part of the ongoing debate, and most certainly give Bob a role, appearing as himself in the present day (he deserves this) - if he didn't want to have a speaking role, have him as a background actor, possibly sitting alone, by a crackling fire, staring at an old photograph of the creature as the film fades into the end credits.  Do this film right and it will bring hundreds of millions of people into the fold by making them connect personally and emotionally to Bob and Roger: At that point, Patty is essential "real" to almost everyone as she will have became a major part of who Bob and Roger really are to them

Edited by 2Loose LaTrack
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the kind words, and I like your doc idea. It would be good for the public to actually have the story as well as see, not only the PGF, but also a stabilized version. I mean how many times do we hear people STILL talking about the "shaky, grainy" video? Could be an eye opener for many.

In my movie concept one should be more or less saying okay, since it was shot, then someone obviously killed this creature. So the story is all about WHO killed it and, more importantly, WHY they killed it. And that's when things get quite a bit more interesting.

Edited by hiflier

Good thoughts 2LLT and hiflier.  In terms of a movie, I love the idea of an action/adventure/drama based on the Bigfoot experiences of Roger and Bob G.  Since we don't know that we have a 'piece of it', my concern is that people will think that's gross, that the DNA is 'contaminated', or that it might be a deep-fake. ;)  Also, I don't think that very many people want one to be killed.  To me, that would not be a hit movie, nor would anything that's documentary style (too many of those lately, imo). 

Absolutely, Bill Munns, Dr. Meldrum, eye-witnesses and others should be consulted!  I really just think that it needs to be a well-funded, action/adventure/drama, feature-length movie based on the reality of what happened back then.  Perhaps there could an epilogue (if that's the right word) at the end of the movie where they fictitiously capture a Bigfoot and the creature is so 4K and so realistic in the movie that viewers are astounded.  Just get DiCaprio to star as Roger Patterson and it's a done deal.  I like this topic!  :rolleyes:  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Since we don't know that we have a 'piece of it', my concern is that people will think that's gross, that the DNA is 'contaminated', or that it might be a deep-fake. ;)  Also, I don't think that very many people want one to be killed.

I agree no one would wish to see one killed. Of course we're talking two completely different movies where 2Loose LaTrack's would be a docudrama covering the aspects of the PGF's history, what we know about it, and using real life input from real people.

Mine on the other hand is fiction portraying a bunch of different real world concept balled up into an action/adventure flik. It is a Bigfoot movie ONLY in that it has a dead Bigfoot, killed by greedy people, as a catalyst for a chase movie in which hit men try to chase down and stop the group of young people from ruining their land development schemes. I figure if Hollywood can create a movie where Bigfoot as a monster brutally kills hunters and campers (and we don't bat an eye), then why would a movie about greedy Humans killing a Bigfoot be any more upsetting? Bigfoot can kill Humans, fictionally speaking, but Humans can't kill Bigfoot fictionally speaking? Hey, it's only Hollywood ;)

Unless, of course, for the sake of real world development, or to keep the truth of existence away from the public, one thinks that after all other efforts have failed. stuff like killing Bigfoots that won't move elsewhere no matter what really does happen?

And welcome to the Forum 2Loose LaTrack :)

Edited by hiflier

On 1/28/2023 at 7:15 PM, hiflier said:

Thank you for the kind words, and I like your doc idea. It would be good for the public to actually have the story as well as see, not only the PGF, but also a stabilized version. I mean how many times do we hear people STILL talking about the "shaky, grainy" video? Could be an eye opener for many.

In my movie concept one should be more or less saying okay, since it was shot, then someone obviously killed this creature. So the story is all about WHO killed it and, more importantly, WHY they killed it. And that's when things get quite a bit more interesting.

Have you read "Blood on Bigfoot Mountain" ?    I think a  movie adaptation would have a lot of potential. 

I have not, MIB. But I'll let someone else adapt that one into a screenplay if the wish. My screenplay is adapted from my own novel with a second screenplay in the works that is based on the novel's sequel. The goal is to have a trilogy of three successive books, each with an adapted screenplay- even though I find screenplays more difficult to write than novels. Novels, of course, have their own unique set of difficulties but I've found the work of writing in both novel and screenplay formats to be quite enjoyable, and even somewhat cathartic, since I have a rather obvious passion for the subject :)  

Primal Rage (2018).

Bigfoot (2014). This movie sucks to dang near every soul on the planet, but I actually thought it was entertaining for what it was. Alice Cooper's scene was pretty memorable.

Edited by Efufoo
Thoughts