Sierra gate footage?

CelticKevin

On 8/25/2022 at 12:04 AM, NCBFr said:

Understood.  And is the reason why I rate this in my top 5ish BF questions in my mind as someone that has had multiple encounters over the years and resulted in my reading perhaps every case BFRO has put out plus 100s of others.  There are many cases similar that I have reviewed that are just as weird wrt to eye shine.  So you either have to believe they have a flashlight in their eyes that they can turn on or off or that it is something else.  I have RF and star light scopes, maybe it is something similar where they can reflect light not seen in our spectrum.  Perhaps it is this or perhaps people, my daughter included, are just confused with what they see.  I dont know, but multi-colored biolumenced eyes in a mammal just does not make sense to me.  Of course neither an un-identified 7-9 foot ape wandering around in NJ and NC. 

PS - Please excuse me if my text is not correct.  Pulled a muscle in my rib cage and under certain things the pain is out of the world.  Not paying too much attention to the keys I hit.

Hmm, I never considered the idea that perhaps the Sasquatch having the purported ability to generate light "endogenously" could be a result of tapetum lucidum reflecting a light from a spectrum humans can't see. 

That being said, I've also read sighting reports, some which were corroborated by several additional witnesses, where Sasquatch are purported to illuminate their eyes white or red depending on their mood & the witness' are utterly intransigent when describing their experience & insistent on the accuracy of what they've seen.

Another idea is maybe it has something to do with electricity, I think Chris Noel suggested that in his book "Electric Sasquatch", definitely worth a read.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your rib cage, I hope you feel better soon bc I know how you feel! Roughly 10 years ago I absorbed a totally unremarkable check during a hockey game & bruised a rib. Yet despite suffering more severe injuries over the years, the pain of said injuries absolutely PALED in comparison to the pain of having bruised ribs.

Most of us never realize how essential your back muscles & intercostals are to everyday movement until you hurt yourself.

I have had broken ribs, bruised ribs and the muscles between them torn, all at different times. The torn muscles were the worst of the lot. Shifting a manual transmission was murder on me.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:46 PM, Doug said:

I have had broken ribs, bruised ribs and the muscles between them torn, all at different times. The torn muscles were the worst of the lot. Shifting a manual transmission was murder on me.

TY.  Weirdest injury of all time.  I had no issues with a manual transmission but the simple act of getting out of bed (until I figured out the right process) was almost more than I could handle.  Once upright, and no coughs or sneezes for god sake, I could pretty much do anything other than swing a golf club.  Once I focused on eliminating the mornign coughs and sneezes everything got better in a week.  First time in 56 years I have ever been scared of an injury.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 3:57 PM, DarkEyes said:

That may be the case with them having larger eyes. But with scenario that happened where I was and my wife witnessed, there was no outside source of light to cause this eye glow(which was red). There was no moon out, we were 100% lights out. 

And that doesn’t explain the times other people see different colored eye glow, like greenish/blue/yellow/red. If it was from an external light source, it should only be in the yellow/red/white spectrum of colors would you think?

Did you notice if the eyes blinked ?

• 1 month later...

A few things. This is a great report. I can fully understand why it was taken down originally however. Great to see it resurface.

On the subject of possible deceased Sasquatch I remember Bigfoot blogger Robert Lindsay writing a piece which highlighted 60-70 reports/stories where Sasquatch met a sticky end. These were primarily hunters tales and reports of BF coming off second best when going head to head with a vehicle. Unfortunately (or fortunately for many) Lindsay blog has been closed due to violations, which anyone familiar with his output won't to overly surprised at. I can't find it reproduced anywhere else. Pity really as had some interesting historical accounts.

I also remember a now defunct Sasquatch research group suggesting that they were going to test the cover up hypothesis. Their plan was relatively simple. They were going to call in a report of a Sasquatch having been killed/seriously injured by truck. They then would gauge the response. Their potentially flawed logic dictated if a lone bewildered fish and game officer turned up then it would suggest that the authorities had no interest or knowledge of BF. However if a crack team of MIB's with a squadron of Chinook's then they may be on to something.... 😄

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 5:25 PM, Huntster said:

But I don't believe that a mammal can have glowing eyes (although I believe they can exhibit eye shine, which is reflected light), and I need to see glowing eyes in a mammal or read of it from a peer reviewed paper in order to believe it.

I read just last week that humans do not produce eye shine. That makes me skeptical sasquatches are part human.  Unless part humans can produce it.

9 minutes ago, djm5971 said:

I read just last week that humans do not produce eye shine. That makes me skeptical sasquatches are part human.  Unless part humans can produce it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

It’s not found in any great apes, as we are not nocturnal. It’s also not found in lesser nocturnal primates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarsier

Albeit Neanderthals did have bigger eyes than Sapiens. And humans do give off a red eye like when a flash goes off on a camera.

IMG_1037.webp

43 minutes ago, norseman said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

It’s not found in any great apes, as we are not nocturnal. It’s also not found in lesser nocturnal primates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarsier

Albeit Neanderthals did have bigger eyes than Sapiens. And humans do give off a red eye like when a flash goes off on a camera.

IMG_1037.webp

Ah ok. Thanks for that info, I was not aware about the camera flash.

8 minutes ago, djm5971 said:

Ah ok. Thanks for that info, I was not aware about the camera flash.

You bet. It’s the blood in our eyeball reflecting off of the back of the eye.

IMG_1038.webp

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, djm5971 said:

Back in the old days of cameras with flash bulbs, I'd get pics often with the people in the pics showing red eyeballs. I'm pretty sure that was the eyeball reflecting the flash back at the camera, but I'll ponder the possibility of my family members being satanic demons or something...........

3 hours ago, norseman said:

You bet. It’s the blood in our eyeball reflecting off of the back of the eye.........

I only remember such an effect with camera flashes. I can't recall automotive headlights ever doing that. I wonder if the intensity or proximity of the light is critical to give off that effect?

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

I'm pretty sure that was the eyeball reflecting the flash back at the camera, but I'll ponder the possibility of my family members being satanic demons or something...........

I would go with your comment. You know them, or maybe you don't. Somethings........

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I only remember such an effect with camera flashes. I can't recall automotive headlights ever doing that. I wonder if the intensity or proximity of the light is critical to give off that effect?

Camera flashes evolved from flash powder, flash bulbs ( battery capacitor flash ) to electronic flash. Those methods caught the human eye with a dilated pupil and the resulting 'red eye' in the pictures. Modern flash set ups have a low power 'pre-flash' just before the major flash. The pre-flash causes the pupils to constrict so the red eye effect is minimized. Automotive headlights are continuous output so our pupils adjust to a small opening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

For a split second it should have the same effect, until your pupil restricts. The camera is taking the picture so fast the pupil doesn’t have time.

I watched the Sierra Gate footage for the first time. No comment on the 'target'.  The footage is old. No one wants to buy a tripod, monopod or neck strap chest pod to stabilize the equipment while in panic mode. Gimbal type stabilizers  work until the batteries give up.