Dr. John Bindernagel

MegWhite

Thanks for posting this. I always enjoy listening to John Bindernagel, such a fascinating guy who always has something worthwhile to say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Thanks for posting this. I always enjoy listening to John Bindernagel, such a fascinating guy who always has something worthwhile to say. 

He really does! 😊 It is such a shame this community has lost such a great researcher and educator! He has a biography coming out I’m very eager to read! 

• Upvote 1

Thank you. I was lucky enough to hear Bindernagel speak once. He was fascinating.

8 hours ago, WanderingLorax said:

Thank you. I was lucky enough to hear Bindernagel speak once. He was fascinating.

Jealous!! Lol 

I never gave him much thought until a few years ago when I listened to him. What a great guy he seemed like, and so knowledgeable! I am a fan.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. I  read one of his book and surprisingly enjoyed it. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched some of his YT videos.  A great researcher!  I too will read his biography!

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I was able to speak to Dr. Bindernagel at one of the Ocean Shores conferences.  It was the one where  Fraud Standing was an invited speaker.  I told him how he needed to distance himself from the loon pronto, he was very respectful even though I felt odd about discussing such a topic with such a renowned researcher.  I was afraid he was sullying his good name and couldn't stand the thought of the support the fraudster was soliciting from him.  He responded to emails and shared professional consult advice when I sent him soundfiles of mutual interest.  Such a fine man and researcher!  I have two of his books and enjoyed them thoroughly, top notch.  Will be ordering this one of course.  

Edited by bipedalist

8 hours ago, bipedalist said:

I was able to speak to Dr. Bindernagel at one of the Ocean Shores conferences.  It was the one where  Fraud Standing was an invited speaker.  I told him how he needed to distance himself from the loon pronto, he was very respectful even though I felt odd about discussing such a topic with such a renowned researcher.  I was afraid he was sullying his good name and couldn't stand the thought of the support the fraudster was soliciting from him.  He responded to emails and shared professional consult advice when I sent him soundfiles of mutual interest.  Such a fine man and researcher!  I have two of his books and enjoyed them thoroughly, top notch.  Will be ordering this one of course.  

I was at that conference as well. I didn’t get the opportunity to speak with him, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2022 at 2:22 PM, bipedalist said:

I would have love to have met him or just talked with him! He truly did seem like such a genuine and down to earth person! Such a fantastic researcher too! 

Saw on Bigfoot's Reflection where Dr. Binderagel said something like:    Science isn't looking at this, it is running/ looking the other way.   

Adding this interview here you posted it seems to support that view.  He seems to be saying, "Why are you looking into this if you are a serious scientist."    This outlines some pressure some in that group must feel.  I think it was Grover Kranz who said, "My university supports by research in the sense they agree not to fire me"

Dr. B being going is a loss.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

Saw on Bigfoot's Reflection where Dr. Binderagel said something like:    Science isn't looking at this, it is running/ looking the other way.   

Adding this interview here you posted it seems to support that view.  He seems to be saying, "Why are you looking into this if you are a serious scientist."    This outlines some pressure some in that group must feel.  I think it was Grover Kranz who said, "My university supports by research in the sense they agree not to fire me"

Dr. B being going is a loss.

Huge loss:( Hopefully more scientists and anthropologists will follow in his footsteps, as well as Dr.’s Meldrum and Krantz! I’ve often seen comments from all three of those individuals along those lines of how science is all about investigation, research, and hopefully one day discovery of what avenue is being pursued. The fact that the scientific community still won’t look AT this, and like you said, looks the other way is just baffling to me! 

• Upvote 1