Dream team and dream location....

CelticKevin

If you could pick your "dream team" of Squatchers/researchers and your dream location to go searching for say 2 weeks, who would they be and where would you go?

I think for me, I would keep it in Oregon on the "Bigfoot Highway" past Estacada down to Ripplebrook. I'd bring along Joe Beelart, Tom Shay, Shelly Covington-Montana, Cliff Barackman, Mireya Mayor, and Jeff Meldrum.

Beelart is familiar with the area and literally wrote the book on it. Shay and Montana are excellent trackers and outdoorspeople. Barackman because he is Barackman...lol. Mayor (though i find EB laughable & overdone for drama) and Meldrum for the science. And at the very least, it'd be fantastic conversation around the campfire.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It would have to be Alaska 

It's a place big enough where anything can disappear and feel safe . As for the team it wouldn't be anyone in particular but people with 

high tech drones that can fly for hours that have state of the art thermal and cameras . I don't think anyone is going to track one down on foot unless it wants to be seen.

• Like 1

I believe I'm already hooked up with my dream team, in my dream location, but what we need is the time and funding for that 2 week (or more, please) expedition. It's very difficult for us to get a weekend outing together, never mind a longer trip. It would be nice if the late Bill Miller could come back and join us, though, as we all miss him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ive actually been bigfooting with cliff and im going out with tom this summer if everything goes well. those two for sure would make the list. but heres the team i would pick

@BlackRockBigfoot
the forest nymph Jessi Leigh 
Cliff Barackman 
tom shay
jeff meldrum
aleksandar petakov 
tate heironomus 

eric altman 
@gigantor
i would take them all to the wineberry site and hit the Monongahela as my first choice. second choice would be the PNW, 

a blend of old and new, apers and "woo" folk. it would make for a great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BC witness said:

I believe I'm already hooked up with my dream team, in my dream location, but what we need is the time and funding for that 2 week (or more, please) expedition. It's very difficult for us to get a weekend outing together, never mind a longer trip. It would be nice if the late Bill Miller could come back and join us, though, as we all miss him.

set around the camp fire long enough, im sure he will be there. were all energy and that cant be destroyed . ive got a footer i would like to bring back myself and when i find a good spot to set, survey, and lite my pipe its not long until i can hear his stupid jokes again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

With whom:               Les Stroud and Tom Brown Jr.

Dropped in by float plane.  Investigating a predetermined area using tracking techniques to guide our movements within.

9 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

ive actually been bigfooting with cliff and im going out with tom this summer if everything goes well. those two for sure would make the list. but heres the team i would pick

@BlackRockBigfoot
the forest nymph Jessi Leigh 
Cliff Barackman 
tom shay
jeff meldrum
aleksandar petakov 
tate heironomus 

eric altman 
@gigantor
i would take them all to the wineberry site and hit the Monongahela as my first choice. second choice would be the PNW, 

a blend of old and new, apers and "woo" folk. it would make for a great

You, me, and Jessi.  Pull Ron in for the weird factor and aggrieved facial expressions.  Aleks for the adventure hat element.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You, me, and Jessi.  Pull Ron in for the weird factor and aggrieved facial expressions.  Aleks for the adventure hat element.  

You would have to put Ron in your backpack like Yoda. He's not much of an off trail guy.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2022 at 10:35 PM, norseman said:

Some of you I have met, many of you I have not. I still say a BFF gathering would be super cool!

I'd be down for that!

If I had a "dream team" it'd probably be NorthWind, BlackRockBigfoot and Jessi, Cliff Barackman and Jeff Meldrum, and probably Tobe Johnson, because I personally like him (he mentored me briefly while I was getting into this whole thing before he moved to WA) and he's such a magnet for every weird thing in the woods. Things happen when Tobe is around! :es Stroud would be fun, too. How much fun we would have!

Dream location? Well, maybe anywhere Cliff and Jeff recommend or else one of our places. I'd be very interested to hear their insights into our research sites. I'd love to take them to several remote places where we've gotten good wood knocks in summer, or to where we've gotten prints in winter. 

Edited by Madison5716

On 5/5/2022 at 6:16 AM, wiiawiwb said:

With whom:               Les Stroud and Tom Brown Jr.

Dropped in by float plane.  Investigating a predetermined area using tracking techniques to guide our movements within.

Literally a dream of mine to go out in the bush with Les!😍 I think I would choose northern Ontario though. It’s his home grounds, and where his cottage is. I’m also based in Ontario! Since this is hypothetical, I’m also saying I’d love to have John Bindernagel (RIP 😞), Jeff Meldrum, Emily Fleur, Alex Petakov, Eli Watson, and a couple of personal family members that I think could bring some insight!! I have a ways to go before I venture out into field research though! Lol 

Ivan Sanderson, John Green, Grover Krantz, Jeff Meldrum, Les Stroud, Cliff Barackman. 

As for the location I would like to go somewhere in either Washington or B.C. I wouldn't mind Alaska, either. 

There easily half-dozen different location in the PNW to select. Would be tough to pick one. Olympic peninsula, St. Helens, Olympia area I've all had BF interactions. But would be fun to have interactions in new areas.

As far as a dream team.... I would have to have the four horsemen: Krantz, Greene, Dahinden and Byrne. Even thought they all didn't get along, they're the 4 horsemen, c'mon.... who better from a historical standpoint?

For other "passed" individuals, it'd be: Bindernagel, Freeman, & Napier (only to get him to admit BFs are out there, LOL)

For current big name BF'ers, how could you choose?: Barrackman, Meldrum, Brown, Shay, Lieterman, Randles, Raymond, Cupertino, Fay, Knoll.

How about people from this board?  @NorthWind @Madison5716 @norseman, thanks for all your posts and the sharing that you do.

But this is an exercise in personal likes and experiences from reading books and posts and listening to interviews... So it would be extremely hard to pick any particular individuals, there have been so many great individuals for many different reasons.

My dream team would be anyone who can keep an open mind, keep an eye out for anything that is different and can keep their cool when wood knocking, screams and stomping is going on around you.

Edited by McGlencoe
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:15 PM, CelticKevin said:

If you could pick your "dream team" of Squatchers/researchers and your dream location to go searching for say 2 weeks, who would they be and where would you go?

I think for me, I would keep it in Oregon on the "Bigfoot Highway" past Estacada down to Ripplebrook. I'd bring along Joe Beelart, Tom Shay, Shelly Covington-Montana, Cliff Barackman, Mireya Mayor, and Jeff Meldrum.

Beelart is familiar with the area and literally wrote the book on it. Shay and Montana are excellent trackers and outdoorspeople. Barackman because he is Barackman...lol. Mayor (though i find EB laughable & overdone for drama) and Meldrum for the science. And at the very least, it'd be fantastic conversation around the campfire.

Big YES on Shelly!! I've been investigating with her since 2017 and she's fantastic! Bart Cutino as well! 

Do we have civilian owners of these drones without the missile ?  :D

Can fly 1000 miles and stay in the air for hours . State of the art thermal and daytime images . Would be ideal for Bigfoot tracking