Info Request - Shoot-Out @ Honobia

Branco

Wow. I have read that account before and it is just wild. A real doozey. I recall they were trying to get in the windows. Serious yikes. They were growing snow peas to attract the deer, which became so numerous, the folks could sit on the front porch to spotlight them at night, bang, venison in the front yard.

They called the BFRO for help getting rid of the critters, but I can imagine BFRO just wanted to them to let the squatches in and give them a bowl of cereal so they could get dermal ridge prints off the spoons or something

I just read the story and it is very interesting. I will have to read more about it later. It does however seem a little odd that the bigfoot were trying to get in a window and door, but couldn't. Some jerk has broken into my house twice recently by kicking in a door and then by smashing a window. Obviously a bigfoot could break through the door and window so I don't really understand why they didn't. Any guesses on that?

Is the consensus that this really happened or that it was a hoax. It seems pretty hard to fake.

Have any of you heard any reports of researchers planting snow peas to attract deer so they can "re-create" this story? It seems like a pretty good way to attract some bigfoot for research.

Guest Biggie

It does however seem a little odd that the bigfoot were trying to get in a window and door, but couldn't.

Indeed. I could understand if it were a door and window on a car while it was moving at speed maybe.

If a bf is aggressive long term where rabies is not likely a factor then I believe it most likely would be from a bad previous experience with people that turned it hostile toward them. I could see how one carrying off another one that was shot in the head could turn the whole clan of them hostile.

Actually it was two carrying off the dead one. If they were pilfering thru the back porch freezer for food, I would think they were just feeling the doors knobs to see if they were unlocked. Maybe not trying very hard to get in but just messing with it. I wouldnt doubt if it was just intential soley to put more fear in the people there. They were treated hostile with shooting , so heck yeah they with be pissed and retaliate as well as remember for the long run. I know of some rather frightening retaliation events concerning someone taking a shot at a BF in Texas and they got a very stern warning back. That event is not online anywhere but was researched by a group, the witness did not want it published.

Yes, yet another classic bigfoot story with not a shred of physical evidence to back it up.

Where's the bigfoot that got shot? ("Its buds carried it away.")

Where are the photos documenting these repeated contacts? ("Everybody knows you can't photograph a bigfoot.")

Where are the deer carcasses with bigfoot tooth marks on the bones? ("You never find carcasses in the woods, city-slicker!")

The siege at Honobia represents the very best of modern bigfoot folklore. I just don't see why anyone would take the story seriously.

Guest HairyGreek

Is the consensus that this really happened or that it was a hoax. It seems pretty hard to fake.

Isn't that the consensus on all the stories? Why do you think it would be hard to fake? I haven't seen anything to say it happened as cool as the story is.

Have any of you heard any reports of researchers planting snow peas to attract deer so they can "re-create" this story? It seems like a pretty good way to attract some bigfoot for research.

An excellent question and the exact thing one would want to do to see if they could re-create it.

This is one of my favorite yarns. I love it. I would love it more if there was something to show for it so we don't have to have the skeptics showing up on the page. Tracks? Blood? Hair? Audio? Anything? Who knows more about it and why didn't someone bust a cap through the door when it was trying to break in? That's what happens at my house if someone/something decides to drop by uninvited and aggresive. They had no problem shooting at it later. Someone has to know more about this story. i don't even remember any "media" about it. Was it on a local news station? Any idea which one?

If the doubters think they are not any bigfoot anywhere, why would you believe any report? Saskeptic, have you ever been to Honobia or met the witness in person? I can't prove anything obviously and don't attempt to. There was also a truck driver witness that stopped and reported seeing 2 carrying 1 off. This is a multiwitness event in a active area. Feel free to reach out to witnesses yourself for their take.

Guest Biggie

I know of some rather frightening retaliation events concerning someone taking a shot at a BF in Texas and they got a very stern warning back. That event is not online anywhere but was researched by a group, the witness did not want it published.

Interesting. Can you mention more about it?

Yes, yet another classic bigfoot story with not a shred of physical evidence to back it up.

Where are the photos documenting these repeated contacts? ("Everybody knows you can't photograph a bigfoot.")

Where are the deer carcasses with bigfoot tooth marks on the bones? ("You never find carcasses in the woods, city-slicker!")

The siege at Honobia represents the very best of modern bigfoot folklore. I just don't see why anyone would take the story seriously.

Those involved and area residents took it seriously. If you ever want to actually get into the field and see one yourself, anywhere within a 50 mile radius of that location would be your best bet in Mid-America. But it would not be a good area to go and tell folks their tales of encounters are "folklore". They are a little touchy about being called liars, and that's exactly what you did.

• Upvote 3

And there are several scattered up and down the Arkansas side of the state line. And a few of those have relatively recently become very agressive as well.

The Midwestern bunch has always been a bit tempermental (Fouke Monster, MoMo, etc). Another account out of OK was of a small group of them who went maneater and had to be put down. It was a fairly famous incident in it's time...the man who lead the group that killed them actually killed at least one with a sword.

Indeed. I could understand if it were a door and window on a car while it was moving at speed maybe.

If a bf is aggressive long term where rabies is not likely a factor then I believe it most likely would be from a bad previous experience with people that turned it hostile toward them. I could see how one carrying off another one that was shot in the head could turn the whole clan of them hostile.

BF has a long history of aggression going all the way back to the N American traditions. They are apex predators in their environments, with all that entails.

You don't take ANY BF report that doesn't include a "slab monkey" seriously...

Those involved and area residents took it seriously. If you ever want to actually get into the field and see one yourself, anywhere within a 50 mile radius of that location would be your best bet in Mid-America. But it would not be a good area to go and tell folks their tales of encounters are "folklore". They are a little touchy about being called liars, and that's exactly what you did.

It would also not be a good idea to go looking for one in that area UNarmed, or alone.