A Paranormal Proposition

Bonehead74

Over the years I've heard much talk of the "high-strangeness" (I hate the term paranormal) aspect of some sasquatch reports. Frustration with some recent posts on the subject got me thinking. Unlike the many techniques used by the so-called flesh & blood folks, I can only think of one or two realistic ideas or methods ever suggested to investigate the possibility that sasquatch is anything other than a wholly physical creature.

As a hardcore believer in the Bigfoot/Sasquatch phenomenon, I can't claim to know what sasquatch is, but I'm certain it's not all hoaxes and misidentifications. I can only go where the evidence and personal experience point. That being said, I want to give all theories a fair hearing.

So my question is this, for the PN and F&B bigfooters alike: What sort of field experiments can you suggest to either confirm or refute the high-strangeness aspect of sasquatch? (I'm fully aware of the difficulty of proving a negative, but I want to encourage any and all ideas you might have.)

I am willing and able to perform any reasonable investigation in select local areas that have on-going activity. I have a few ideas of my own but would love to hear what you guys(and gals) can come up with. This seems like a more productive way to approach the PN claims than to have people make dogmatic claims of sasquatch "other-worldliness" with nothing to back up their claims but opinions and personal anecdotes, be they first, second, third hand, and so on. Perhaps some clarity can be achieved by a more methodological approach. Let me know what you think.

Guest HairyGreek

So my question is this, for the PN and F&B bigfooters alike: What sort of field experiments can you suggest to either confirm or refute the high-strangeness aspect of sasquatch? (I'm fully aware of the difficulty of proving a negative, but I want to encourage any and all ideas you might have.)

I heard Parker Brothers makes an inexpensive Ouija board... :blob:

Seriously, I have no idea. Ask the master of all things Bigfoot, Para-ape, how he would go about proving it. I think he would probably tell you to read a bunch of reports though. So, maybe you can ask the BFRO for their throw-away reports which include para-normal activity. I highly doubt anyone who includes that sort of info in their sighting makes it to their on-site investigation part. Then do your own field report on the ones closest to you. That's my first best guess. It is a shame that the burden of proof is being put on the people who don't believe Sas is super-natural.

Edited by HairyGreek

EDITED

After reading some of the later posts, i understand what the intent of the thread is...

I just didnt/dont want to see yet another Para-normal thread clogging up the General Discussion section....

Carry on....

ART

Enough already! Large, odoriferous unidentified hominoids are unacceptable enough without telepathy, teleporting and wookie-like behavior at the helm of UFOs.

I can only hope no serious scientists are reading these threads. <_<

HairyGreek,

I am familiar with numerous reports with PN aspects. I don't want someone to prove anything to me and I don't see revisiting past reports(which I've done for most local ones) producing much new evidence. What I am doing is issuing an honest, good-faith challenge to PN believers to contribute ideas for field investigations instead of recounting the same handful of stories I've heard for 25 years. The request for ideas from F&B types is fair play, but it's the PN proponents I'd really like to hear from(not that I don't appreciate your response!).

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest HairyGreek

HairyGreek,

I am familiar with numerous reports with PN aspects. I don't want someone to prove anything to me and I don't see revisiting past reports(which I've done for most local ones) producing much new evidence. What I am doing is issuing an honest, good-faith challenge to PN believers to contribute ideas for field investigations instead of recounting the same handful of stories I've heard for 25 years. The request for ideas from F&B types is fair play, but it's the PN proponents I'd really like to hear from(not that I don't appreciate your response!).

Hey, I'm just saying...how many unposted reports of pn bigfoot activity do you think the BFRO gets that no one follows up on and the people reporting don't bother trying to push it somewhere else? Could be a pot o' gold for pn reports. If so, that is where you would have to start. Investigating reports in the field, just like you do with physical reports.

Just don't count on a lot of evidence at the scene of the crime as even if you found footprints, hair, blood, etc., you would have to ignore them since REAL Sasquatches are paranormal. <_<

For the record, I'm no a PN bigfoot guy. I'm just curious how those who are would recommend attracting a PN sasquatch, if such a being exists, instead of repeating the same dogmatic statements repeatedly(redundancy intentional). Bait stations? Small pet sacrifices? Complete first season DVD set of SyFy's Ghost Hunters? Maybe the oiuja board is starting to look good. My sincerest apologies to anyone whose day has been ruined by the existence of this thread.

SSR Team

What does " High Strangeness " mean ??

Guest HairyGreek

For the record, I'm no a PN bigfoot guy. I'm just curious how those who are would recommend attracting a PN sasquatch, if such a being exists, instead of repeating the same dogmatic statements repeatedly(redundancy intentional). Bait stations? Small pet sacrifices? Complete first season DVD set of SyFy's Ghost Hunters? Maybe the oiuja board is starting to look good. My sincerest apologies to anyone whose day has been ruined by the existence of this thread.

I know you aren't and I think you make a valid point and a worthy challenge to those who are proponents of this way of thinking. None of the people who take the "PN or nothing" view ever want to offer any evidence to the contrary though. They just want you to read what experiences others have had or tell theirs when everyone has a story that may seem unexplainable. I believe in the supernatural; that is all I will say on the matter though; but this is a creature that has too much physical evidence and human interaction to be what the PN crowd claims. They should stick to the Mothmans and NJ Devils and leave Sas to the F&B crowd. JMHO.

I really do like the reason for your post and understand the point you are making. I hope someone takes you up on the challenge!

Guest HairyGreek

Enough already! Large, odoriferous unidentified hominoids are unacceptable enough without telepathy, teleporting and wookie-like behavior at the helm of UFOs.

I can only hope no serious scientists are reading these threads. <_<

He is trying to make a point LAL. Take your upturned nose elsewhere if it offends. I would hate to have the all-knowing scientist crowd (which I see is a great deal like the para-apes of the world) think the commoners were getting cheeky and thinking on their own.

What does " High Strangeness " mean ??

"High strangeness" is when you have eyes looking in 15'high windows, little shadowy things scurrying around inside your house, (sometimes big shadowy things, too), something poking you awake in the night, but nothing is there, glowing red or green eyes peering at you from behind a tree at night, balls of light floating around in your yard, etc, etc, etc.

SSR Team

"High strangeness" is when you have eyes looking in 15'high windows, little shadowy things scurrying around inside your house, (sometimes big shadowy things, too), something poking you awake in the night, but nothing is there, glowing red or green eyes peering at you from behind a tree at night, balls of light floating around in your yard, etc, etc, etc.

Do you mean 15 Foot High Windows ?? Owls ??

& what little Shadowy things scurrying around your House ?? Mice ??

& what big shadowy things ?? Daddy Mouse ??

& what pokes you awake at night ?? Kids who can't sleep or your imagination/bad dream ??

& thankfully i don't have a Yard ..

& thankfully i've never heard of anything like any of that, that you wrote Sassy, to anyone i've ever know including myself, phew..;)

Do you mean 15 Foot High Windows ?? Owls ?? No.

& what little Shadowy things scurrying around your House ?? Mice ?? No. Shadows.

& what big shadowy things ?? Daddy Mouse ?? We have no mice.

& what pokes you awake at night ?? Kids who can't sleep or your imagination/bad dream ?? Kids grown & gone. No bad dreams. It waits until I'm awake enough that there is no doubt.

Bobby O,

High-strangeness is a term I picked up from John Keel. I'm not sure if he coined the phrase or got it from someone else, possibly Ivan Sanderson.

In the context I'm using it, it is used to describe the unnatural aspects of an otherwise naturally appearing phenomenon.

For example: You are hiking in the local state forest and witness what appears to be a large, bipedal, hair-covered creature. Odd, yes, but still natural in that it appears to be an animal or person of some sort. Now imagine that same creature turning to face you and disappearing in a blinding flash of light. that's "High-Strangeness"!

HairyGreek,

I know you to be even-handed and respectful, no problems there. I just don't understand why people demand proof to back up certain claims, then ridicule any attempt to gather said proof (if it exists). It's this sort of thing that forced me to remove the batteries from my irony meter.

Guest HairyGreek

Sasfooty, are you in the PN camp on Bigfoot? If so, do you have any ideas on how to approach the challenge in this thread?