A Paranormal Proposition

Bonehead74

I think that what would seem paranormal to us is perfectly normal to them.

I have ideas how to prove it to yourself if they cooperate, but it would be virtually impossible to prove to anybody else.

Guest HairyGreek

HairyGreek,

I know you to be even-handed and respectful, no problems there. I just don't understand why people demand proof to back up certain claims, then ridicule any attempt to gather said proof (if it exists). It's this sort of thing that forced me to remove the batteries from my irony meter.

I agree. I would love to engage para or anyone else on this subject in particular. I just can't help poking fun. It's just my way and I mean no harm (well, not too much) when I do it. If one is respectful about how they approach it and what they bring to the table, I see no reason it cannot be discussed. I don't take LAL's view on things. Science may one day be able to explain everything, but that day is a long time from now and in the meantime there is a lot of "high strangeness" in the world to deal with. I will say again that I am a proponent in my own way of the supernatural, I just have a very different take on it and have yet to see anyone show me how it can be applied to a Bigfoot. If it can, by all means, show me something, you know? I always think of Incorrigible1's sig when we get into this. I respect people and their experiences. I don't respect that I must believe that they are the authority because they just simply KNOW . I need more than that please. Stories are for the campfire section.

SSR Team

Bobby O,

High-strangeness is a term I picked up from John Keel. I'm not sure if he coined the phrase or got it from someone else, possibly Ivan Sanderson.

In the context I'm using it, it is used to describe the unnatural aspects of an otherwise naturally appearing phenomenon.

For example: You are hiking in the local state forest and witness what appears to be a large, bipedal, hair-covered creature. Odd, yes, but still natural in that it appears to be an animal or person of some sort. Now imagine that same creature turning to face you and disappearing in a blinding flash of light. that's "High-Strangeness"!

Thanks for explaining.

I understand the first bit completely, the second part is not for me however, at all.

Guest HairyGreek

I think that what would seem paranormal to us is perfectly normal to them.

I have ideas how to prove it to yourself if they cooperate, but it would be virtually impossible to prove to anybody else.

Am I to take it that by the words "they" and "them" you mean Sasquatch and you are in the PN camp on subject? You do not think these creatures are flesh and blood?

HairyGreek,

Word.

Poking fun and cracking jokes are what keep you sane around all this crazy bigfoot stuff!

Edited by Bonehead74

Am I to take it that by the words "they" and "them" you mean Sasquatch and you are in the PN camp on subject? You do not think these creatures are flesh and blood?

Yes, I think they are flesh & blood beings....more or less, & yes, there is something definitely "paranormal" about them.

EDITED

After reading some of the later posts, i understand what the intent of the thread is...

I just didnt/dont want to see yet another Para-normal thread clogging up the General Discussion section....

Carry on....

ART

Thanks Art. That's next to last thing I wanted to do. My point is that there is endless arguing(sometimes even managing to rise to the level of debate) without anyone on either side doing anything. It's my little call to action. I do appreciate you giving it a chance.

good topic. :) I don't doubt the paranormal aspect of Bigfoot; just as I don't doubt ghosts, aliens, 'extra dimensions', etc. etc. <I know, thats another story). There is way too much "high-strangeness" going on all over the place for it all to be fake. (very sorry to any skoftics who think that humans already know everything). I find the comments from sasfooty and many others to be very convincing. B)

Still, I don't know how to prove anything about Sasquatch to anyone else. Although, as with all things scientific, it will happen. So far, the more we know, the more we realize how much we don't know...

Enough already! Large, odoriferous unidentified hominoids are unacceptable enough without telepathy, teleporting and wookie-like behavior at the helm of UFOs.

I can only hope no serious scientists are reading these threads. <_<

Oh boy. Now the serious scientists aren't going believe anything we bigfoot folks say!

Yes, I think they are flesh & blood beings....more or less, & yes, there is something definitely "paranormal" about them.

Sasfooty,

Thanks for the response.

I do kinda get what you're trying to say and would like to hear more, but that answer makes me think if I asked you if you preferred steak salad or fried chicken, your answer would be yes!

I think it's a good topic and a good question.

And I like the term "high strangeness." To borrow a phrase, I don't know how to define it, but I know it when I see it. It's a dandy expression.

First, I accept that bf phenom may be paranormal. I can't decide what the heck they are. Heaven knows we can't seem to get a grab on them. There are a whole lot of things about them that I just don't get.

But by definition, paranormal is not part of our normal physical world. To test it, you have to find methods to detect something not normal to us or at least to science. One will have to accept unorthodox methods of experimentation.

It's a tricky subject, but methods of detecting or ejecting spirit beings might be tried. If it was me, I would ask an expert in my preferred paranormal ideology to address the presence, depending on how you view the interference, and follow those dictates based on his/her guidance. I guess you could gather a bunch of instruments which measure all kinds of different stuff or can make images based on one kind of energy or another. There may be some kinds of instruments which detect temperature, energies of various kinds. I would try Harbor Freight. You'd be surprised the stuff they have. It might be interesting to try a ouija board, but I wouldn't do that in a million years, myself.

Edited by Jodie
edited out religious references

Nothing you see or read about regarding paranormal investigation is going to get you proof but it may indicate whether there is an increase in the EMF field when bigfoot is near, just take an EMF meter with you when camping and see what happens when the rocks or pine cones start flying.

I would ask Chip Coffee( one of the few psychics I think is legitimate) to come and spend a weekend at a habituation site to see if his presence there attracted them, if so, if it was possible to get a read off the intent of the creatures.

I've seen those ghost boxes they use, take one of those and see if anything comes through at a site were there have been a high number of reports or a habituation.

For infrasound detection, you may have to build something that picks up vibrations and can be viewed and recorded on an oscilloscope. Natural infrasound waves could be ruled out by doing base readings on the area, knowing flight or train schedules, that kind of thing.