One way to attract and hold a Bigfoot's attention

HOMERFROMLAWTON

Huntster, I think we all know sasquatch ain't afraid of cops or black bears, and unless it's already got a stash of donuts for surrogate popcorn as it watches Friday night fritter fights, it's gonna just walk right up and ****** the bag.. "Hey! Gimme that! There, now you twp  have nothing to fight about, and the forest is safe and  quiet once more....unless of course, I have to explain  it again .

Edited by guyzonthropus

i enjoyed the joking, but to answer the question is I dumpster dive at Shipleys Donuts.  They throw out all their donuts daily and bake new ones.  They use 50 pound flour sacks to throw their old donuts out.  And you do not want to eat donuts that have been sitting in a dirty dumpster.  Sweet feed is good, but that cost money.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron

Drum like the late Charlie Watts in Sympathy for the Devil!

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 7/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, Huntster said:

I don't think sasquatches go for donuts. I think they're much better eaters. They like fruit.

Caviar dreams tuna fish budget!

BFF Patron
On 7/8/2022 at 12:40 PM, guyzonthropus said:

I'd hate to think what happens when one of them wants the remote.... Just saying

They have an app for that,  mind control extender

On 6/28/2022 at 6:21 PM, HOMERFROMLAWTON said:

Television is a good attention getter for attracting Bigfoot.  I carry 5 marine batteries and 2 inverter converters, and I have maybe 60 to 80 hours of 120 voltage supply, and can recharge with a generator.  I used to use a 36 inch tv, but recently purchased a projector and a  48 inch screen than can be seen on both sides.  I play it all night long and it does work.  I play Harry and The Henderson’s, Cartoons etc.

Have you tried "Planet of the Apes"?

Damn dirty Sasquatch.

• Haha 1

You can get a ATN binoccular for about 700 that will record !

On 7/24/2022 at 1:49 PM, HOMERFROMLAWTON said:

Here is what happened the last  nights I went out and spent the night.  !. I had a new person with me, and at 3 am he woke me up and said something grunted at him.  we scanned the area with nighvision and an extrabright infrared illuminator and saw nothing.  He later admitted the hair on his butt was standing straight up. nothing happened the rest of that night.

We went out another night but he packed the trailer and i did not check it.  we had no ac/dc converters or infrared illuminators, so we did not play the tv.  But spotted one hiding behind a concrete post for a reailroad bridge.  They played hide and seek for about 30 min. and a rock hit the car and a limb to our rear snapped. Naturally we looked in the direction of the limb snap, and when we turned back the one hiding behind the concrete support post it was gone.

Another night we went to a public boat ramp on the Aransas River and we hit paydirt.  We were able to see 6 of them on night vision.  Tried to get a picture of the whole family, but when we would get close the camera would change over to horizonal lines.  As they move their hair generates static electricity and it messes with the pixels in a digital camera.  They disappeared for about 4 hours, so I assume they had to find and eat their daily meal.  Right before daybreak they returned, and there was one that was 8 or 9 ft tall would show himself, and I tried to approach it and it would ease back into the woods.  I am guessing the reason they were not spooked by is,  I think it was the same group we had run into about a month earlier and they knew we were not a threat.

I had a 16 year old kid call and tell me he had a 10 ft Bigfoot following him on his grandparents farm.  It is only about 6 miles as the crow flies to his grandparents land and the public boat launch. I blew him off the first time he called, but he was persistent, and with it being close I think it may be the same family, and I am trusting what he is telling me.

If I can get my reserach partner to get some sleep so he will be functional I want to spend more time in that area.

I don't know if it was a co-incidental happening, but I think we are into a family that is about half way habituated to humans. I carry a 50 pound bag of day old donuts and the next time we meet I am gifting them the bag of donuts.  If they see me dump the donuts I think they will be even more open with me.

Huntster just out of curosity have you ever tried donuts.  They like snicker's better. And even better take a Hamburger and put an open snicker's bar on top.  Also is that your personal opinion, or professional opinion?

Edited by Joe Largefoot

2 hours ago, Joe Largefoot said:

Huntster just out of curosity have you ever tried donuts.......

When I first started baiting bears we used donuts. They definitely work, and they work good. The problem is getting them in the quantities needed to keep the bears coming. As more people moved into the area and got the word about baiting, the donuts got even tougher to find.

That's when we started using livestock oats soaked with karo syrup. Fairly cheap, and big quantities were available, even in our rural area. It didn't work as well, but combined with honey burns, it brought them in and was easily refreshed.

When grizzlies finally became legal to harvest over bait I moved away from sweets to used kitchen cooking grease mixed into dry dog food. I also brought a lot of dead animal carcasses both from my own little farmstead and road killed moose. In all honesty, I didn't see much change in the grizzly/black response ratio. Also, by that time, I had gotten a game cam, so I got a much better understanding of all the critters that came, not just the bears while I was sitting there watching.

Now there are lots of commercial bear baits available at the outdoors stores that have popped up here, but that's expensive.

The dog food/grease bait is the cheapest and easiest overall, closely followed by the oats/karo syrup if you prefer sweets. But if you can get your hands on fruit in quantity (tough to find in Alaska), I bet that would be a winner. It was a single apple that bagged the Skookum Cast.

• Upvote 1

Huntster I will share some of my secrets that work in Texas.  All the donut shops thrown out their inventory at the end of the day and bake new.  I have tried a lot of things.  Some things work, some don't.  But on the Donuts I soon learned the garbage was picked up early Monday morning, so I would go on Sunday afternoon and get all i wanted.  I could have easily picked up 500 pounds at just two shops.  For the fruit we are close to the fruit basket in southern texas (the rio grand valley), so I would go to the vegetibles and fruit shops and pick up their fruit and veggies that were too ripe to sell.  I had two ranches I was working so I would usually put out 125 pounds on each of them.  Right now I am just hanging snicker bars about 7 to 9 ft of the ground and leaving a chem light glowing.  It is quite comical to see the chem light bounching up and down after a young Bigfoot go ahold of it.  I don't know why you could not get the donuts when it was not bear season and freeze them.  Just trying to be helpful.

11 hours ago, Joe Largefoot said:

Huntster I will share some of my secrets that work in Texas.  All the donut shops thrown out their inventory at the end of the day and bake new..........

I suspect you don't understand the depth of the wilderness here. Back in the 1980's when I started baiting bears, the population in this borough (county) was just 10,000 people, and this borough is bigger than the state of West Virginia. There were no donut shops. There were two grocery stores that sold donuts, and they just didn't make the quantities waste. 

At that time there were literally more bears than people around here. Not any more. The human population has grown to nearly 120K. They're zooming around our firmer foot trails on ATVs, which didn't even exist in the early '80s. 

Fruit has always been difficult and expensive to get here. 

Baiting sasquatches must be quite different than baiting bears or other animals. I trapped a bit, but found it to be much too much work for the return. It was a good education, though. Baiting gears was quite different than setting a trap for, say, a wolverine, wolf, or fox. A sasquatch would be much smarter than even a wolf. The best bait for a wolf isn't even food. It's the urine from a female dog in heat. Laying a drum with 50# of donuts just doesn't seem like a way to catch a sasquatch, and sure enough, the hundreds of bear baiters around here, with cameras set on their bait, haven't gotten any pics of any sasquatches visiting their bait. Maybe there just aren't any sasquatches here?

• Like 1

if there is water and food there will be Bigfoot.  They are found on every continent except for Antartica and Islands formed from volcanoes.  regarding the trail cameras and Sasquach.  I have two friends whose primary goal was to get a picture of a Sasquach and both over a 10 year period spent around $4,000 and never got a picture.  I kept telling both of them that most likely Sasquach can sense the motion detector, but did not want to admit until after they had bought a lot of cameras.  Randy deployed his in Missourri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma, and he would run them like a bever trapper would run his traps.

Both of them now wish they would have listened to me, but I have done a lot of things that did not work.  The only reason I use the donuts is kind of a friendly gesture, and I do not keep an area baited.  They are like the bears if you start feeding them regularlly they become dependent and when you stop feeding they can become destructive.  One reseracher that was feeding a family of Bigfoot was sent to Afganistan for a year and his dad was supposed to keep them fed.   One week he forgot to buy the dog food they had grown to expect, and they  killed every one of his goats.  Everyone that has spent time in Alsaska wish they could live there, but the cost of living is way too high.  I had a friend who was a retired First Sgt who tried to stay, but his monthly rent was higher than his retirement check, and he could not find a job that paid enough to survive on.  But he has memories of killing a 1,200 pound moose, and all the fish he was catching.

1 hour ago, Joe Largefoot said:

if there is water and food there will be Bigfoot.  They are found on every continent except for Antartica and Islands formed from volcanoes.  regarding the trail cameras and Sasquach.  I have two friends whose primary goal was to get a picture of a Sasquach and both over a 10 year period spent around $4,000 and never got a picture..........

They musta' been in Antarctica.