Researcher's Views On Bigfoot

Guest para ape

Guest FuriousGeorge

Ah but can it change back? lol

Metamorphosis is actually a great point John. I've brought it up in the past. It's acknowledged. Many animals can transform including humans (lol I'll get there in a second, I know there was just a collective gasp). The main point here and the problems that Ray and others put forth are the consequences of a large vertebrate doing it instantly and the massive amount of heat that would be generated from doing it instantly, along with many other problems. But it is a good point that you brought up because it shows that it isn't completely absent from nature. I'm actually glad that the topic is explored and not ignored. Mostly metamorphosis exists so the young don't have to compete with the adults for the same food sources. I think it's also cool that caterpillars were actually tested to see if they remembered avoidance of negative stimuli that only have an influence in the caterpillar stage, after they changed, and they did. Sorry, I can't find an example and I don't have much time to search old threads that I posted in now after this long winded post. (I might have posted it on the old BFF)

So what are the limits and boundaries? Humans can't transform physically in that sense but because we humans are so awesome and have decent brains, we have the ability to transform within our own minds. I know it sounds corny but this is a type of non-physical transformation that is not present most other animals. I'm speaking about imagination. About a million years or so with being in close contact with nature and then to suddenly remove certain aspects by living the current way we do, we have a need to return to these things that were once present in our lives for so long. We can transform within our own minds into many wonderful things that don't exist around us. Giving life to such things as stuffed animals and the mean monsters under the bed is developed in childhood and is a type of transformation that can be applied to this subject. Sometimes these same types of transformations within the mind are present in human adulthood. Sometimes it's a great gift to have.

I realize it seems silly to bring the subject of imagination up but the point of bringing it up is, it's important for us to recognize imagination because we have the ability to do it. We would be negligent if we ignored that fact. It's also important to be able to differentiate between what is possible concerning transformations, and impossible or possible only in a transformation within our minds. I think the point of most threads here for me personally is to try and draw a line instead of blindly accepting or rejecting. And I know I'm not alone is this line of thinking.

Imagination brings up an interesting thought. Would a bigfoot need to shape-shift, I don't think so...........all it would require is to make the observer think the bigfoot shaped-shifted. I could be boppin' by takin' 5 foot strides and the intrepid observer "sees" a deer taking mincing steps along a path. Perception is in the eye of the beholder.

edited for clarity............however obscure.

Edited by John T

Guest para ape

No, I got him first Bonehead74.

For some reason, I don't think you would need to twist para ape's arm to have the word "paranormal" included in the thread title/subtitle if PNWS feels he needs a disclaimer to spare his wrist and fingers extra motion. ;)

You know me, I tend to agree with him on the para-section. It was his approach which stank. It proved something though. If you open up a para-section (like the way that sounds!), the F&B crowd would come in there and kick us around after the skeptics got done with them. Then, the skeptics being bored of the F&B crowd would come in and kick us around. Next thing you know, we are back in high school lunch room.

Oh wait, that's happening without the separation already. Forget it.

To all: for the record (again), I am a F&B Bigfoot guy who happens to believe they come from a supernatural origin. I have my reasons and don't see a need to share them with those who aren't interested. What I am sick of seeing is, the paranormal crowd kicked around when skeptics and the layman think the same of the F&B argument no matter what cool Giganto/Home Erectus whatever spin you put on it to sound legitimate. Not everything can be explained away. Deal with it.

I almost think the fun would be over if we did solve it. Someone needs to start a thread about what this board would look like if Sas is proven to be real and is some sort of Giganto leftover/evolved model. I wonder if the board would even survive. There go the skeptics and the paranormal crowd. There go all the theories. It would be over. *poof*

Hairy Greek,how could you be a flesh and blooder and at the same time believe that bigfoot has supernatural origins?It can't be both.Let me explain.

We humans are physical beings.We aren't capable of instantly apearing or disappearing,being invisible,shapeshifting,passing through solid objects,etc.Only supernatural beings,spiritual beings possess those abilities.Because bigfoot has those abilities it therefore couldn't be a physical being.

Guest HairyGreek

When did I ever say I believed for even one second that if Bigfoot even exists that I believe the creature to do any of the things you listed? FYI - appearing/disappearing and being invisible are effectively the same thing. Oh, and you left out glowing red eyes. This is probably the only one we would agree is legit. I doubt we would agree on an explanation. I have offered multiple times to give you why I think it is possible for Sasquatch to be physical creatures with a supernatural origin; but you have never taken me up on it.

Edited by HairyGreek

I just made a turkey, lettuce and tomato sandwich disappear !

It will reappear in about 24 hours having "morphed" into a completely different form, and exit from a different "dimensional doorway" than the one it went into....

I AM SUPERNATURAL !!! :D

Yea... I know I have sick sense of humor... so sue me !!

Guest HairyGreek

You know Pac, I have broached the subject before. After thinking about it and seeing responses on certain things, I just don't think it is for the board. Too much stuffiness and conformity. If someone was really interested, they can PM me. I have no interest in my ideas becoming so much chum in the water on these forums for people who have aneurisms when you talk about something science disagrees with or cannot explain. I would much rather just discuss the possibilities of all ideas other then mine. Mine is just a theory and could be completely wrong and I have another board I can speak about these things about. There is no dogma attached to it. I do appreciate you asking though. :)

I am actually interested in what folks here think about Loren Coleman being on the list. It seems you could make the same argument that JDL made for Sanderson. Does he believe in paranormal/supernatural answers for some of the things he follows? It seems so to me from what I have read, but I am honestly not so positive any more after so more research. Sounds like he is more like me...thinks it will all be explained in due time.

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest HairyGreek

How can I discount or explain what I didn't witness and don't know the source's reliability of when we are discussing something outside what is considered natural? Do I know the paranormal/supernatural exist? No, I believe it though. I have faith in it. I do not presume to be able to prove it or even understand it.

I can tell you one thing, I don't see the point in a paranormal Bigfoot. I think things that are paranormal/supernatural still act in logical ways. There are more than enough things that go bump in the night without having to add a hairy man to the mix. I think what some may be reporting as a paranormal Bigfoot are spirits or entities that may behave or look like animals just as there are those that do the same with humans.

Your theory (if it can be called that) asks me to discount the strictly physical accounts and the skeptic or non-believer asks me to strictly discount the paranormal. Both sides are silly to me. You can both be right and be logical without conceding your points, you just have to agree you aren't talking about the same thing. JMO.

So what is your opinion of those reports where those types of things were reported?Do you discount them?

Do you discount the first-person reports of flesh/blood creatures from posters on this very site? It seems amply evident you do, but thought I'd pose the question to you.

Edited by Incorrigible1

You may move Redfern to Hominid side. He leans that way in reality. Remember he is an author and journalist first then researcher. His writings are between fiction and nonfiction. I can ask him this weekend.

I asked Nick this weekend to get his current stance on Bigfoot specifically of Flesh/Blood versus Paranormal in nature. He agreed to say he leans towards Flesh/Blood but is still not convinced completely due to amazing illusiveness as his main reason. I clarfied to ask "over 50% leaning toward Flesh/Blood" and he agreed.

No big deal

Do you discount the first-person reports of flesh/blood creatures from posters on this very site? It seems amply evident you do, but thought I'd pose the question to you.

Para, of course you don't have to waste your time responding to that question as you can overlook it like you have a lot of the other questions people have asked you. After all we can always just consider his question a rhetorical one with the answer already known.