Searching for bigfoot alone in the wilderness at night

yeetus

15 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

.......Just curious, does anyone use a head mounted NVG device so they can keep their hands free? If so, how does that work for you?

Claustrophobic. Tunnel vision. Good for certain uses/goals, but I prefer a light, compact =/>650 lumen headlamp unless somebody might start shooting at me.

Admin

Yes, one of the reasons I asked. The field of view is not great and using them takes some getting used to, especially traveling over rough terrain.

54 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yes, I live within and most of my outdoor activities are within it (not all). but as a 47 year Alaskan, my understanding of the Alaska Triangle phenomenon is different than how it's presented in the media. It really isn't much of a mystery. Alaska is simply a very dangerous place, and it is easy to simply disappear. I had an old friend disappear in a relatively small area between a trailhead and his homestead cabin (@ a 4 mile trek) just a couple years ago. His remains were found after 4 months just off the trail. In that case, the search area was small, it wasn't in glaciated mountains, and he wasn't far from a fairly well used trail. Most of the disappearances involve lost aircraft........which is why my beloved wife strictly forbade me from buying one.

The greatest dangers are exposure, falls, and drowning. Dangerous wildlife comes in fourth, and we don't even have snakes here (which is one of my favorite things about Alaska!). And with the incredible communication devices we have today, solo outdoor activities are safer than ever before.

Murder or animal attack ?

6 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Murder or animal attack ?

Cause of death was undetermined, but animal scavenging was clear. Murder is possible, as was bear attack. He had a bad habit of walking into his cabin unarmed, and there were definitely sneaky, bad-attitude grizzlies there. Even though he was just a month away from his 90th birthday, he was in better condition than most people are at 60. 

I still plan a visit to the spot where his remains were found to erect a small monument to his memory. He was a very special man. I would love to catch a careless brown bear while there. Maybe next May.........

• Upvote 3

On 7/27/2022 at 10:11 PM, yeetus said:

so I use a 1200+ lumen flashlight. 

You may want to mount a flash light on your shoulder strap / back pack facing backwards.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:12 AM, VAfooter said:

Use the light, they know you are there anyway.

True, all the animals are watching the human that is using artificial illumination. Doesn't matter if the light is white or red. They want to keep their eyes in dark adaption mode and watch to determine 'friend or foe', degree of threat, tasty or not tasty.

I plan my route and keep my mind clear of fear.

To quote an inactive forum member, bsruther;  " fear is never boring".

"tall whites" who want human genie pig lab subjects.

Do you mean  "The Nordics"?   I have not seen a UFO or alien yet.  I have a plan to discourage / prevent abduction.  I simply tell them that I cannot explain why humans wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. They will think that I am a dumbass with worthless DNA and let me go or blast me with a particle beam weapon. 50--50 chance of escape.

A good hike is when it is zero-dark thirty hours, raining and you are returning to camp with ground snaps following you. They want more study time and a campsite is good for that.

So, this may seem counter to the question asked but I actually do the vast majority of our investigations during the day. I do this based off sighting report data, the vast majority of reports are in daylight and dusk.  I do stay out late though from time to time, but rarely past 3am.

Ive pulled plenty of all nighters but the majority of data we've recovered has all been between the hours of 5pm- 2am in the fall then 8pm-12am and 5am-7am through the summers. Just our personal observations here in Appalachia. 

• Upvote 2

When I looked at sighting reports in my area, most came between 9pm and 11pm.  That has also coincided with people I know who have their own sighting/encounter. 

I've typically focused on that window of time and it has proven to be the best time for me. I'll stay up past 11pm using my thermal imager but can't remember the last time I was active in the woods beyond 11pm.

BFF Patron

Consistent with my Eastern US sighting 9:30PM or so just at civil twilight, dark adapted stake-out, no moon, July almost 15 years ago to the day.  It is funny because even the bears are active around here during the daylight in summer maybe they know something about disentanglement  theory lol !

Low tech, no weapons.  Don't really have that many public sightings around but I haven't rechecked in quite awhile, took a break from active research after a few surgeries.  

Edited by bipedalist

On 7/30/2022 at 8:07 AM, wiiawiwb said:

When I looked at sighting reports in my area, most came between 9pm and 11pm.

I think because those are the most common night hours people experience before calling it a day.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:07 PM, Catmandoo said:

Do you mean  "The Nordics"?

I don't think "tall whites" are human. People say they look like human but are a type of grey.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:10 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Could you expand on that? 

I don't remember the source I heard it from but it was another dot connector, alongside Native Americans saying bigfoots are another form of human, and the human face that super close eye witnesses describe seeing.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, Huntster said:

Claustrophobic. Tunnel vision. Good for certain uses/goals, but I prefer a light, compact =/>650 lumen headlamp unless somebody might start shooting at me.

Do people really shoot at you for no reason in the Alaskan wilderness? Why would they do that?

024.png

39 minutes ago, yeetus said:

.......Do people really shoot at you for no reason in the Alaskan wilderness? Why would they do that?

No. Nor do people run around in the woods wearing night vision devices, either. They use flashlights or headlamps.....because people don't shoot at you. Military personnel use night vision devices........because people shoot at them if they use lights.

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 1:44 PM, yeetus said:

Does anyone here look for bigfoot alone at night miles away from civilization? What is your method? What precautions do you take?

forest.jpg

Not me. I try to not die.

Does anyone use mirrors to catch them on camera?  I heard an interview with one of the guys who does research with MK Davis and they get them by angling the camera off a mirror.  I imagine it's not practical to haul a mirror out into the deep, dark woods, but I'm curious if anyone has heard of that or tried it.

15 hours ago, Dave said:

Does anyone use mirrors to catch them on camera?  I heard an interview with one of the guys who does research with MK Davis and they get them by angling the camera off a mirror.  I imagine it's not practical to haul a mirror out into the deep, dark woods, but I'm curious if anyone has heard of that or tried it.

Campers, there is a way to do this.  The Spiratone Circo-Mirrortach. Spiratone was a company that made gadgets / accessories. Long gone but the company had  huge effects on photography in the 20th century. The right angle mirror device is available in the used equipment market. Be careful of the sizing on the attaching end in the way of millimeters to series sizes and the adapters.  Rotating the barrel allows viewing 90 degrees to the left or right. I have 2 units. One is stock, one is in ASAT camo. The camo unit is for aiming trail cameras. I never use a laser pointer for aiming cameras.  The object in the mirror is not closer than you think.

There is another way for inconspicuous photography that worked great in the previous century for street photography. Few forum members would take the plunge. Twin lens reflex camera. I am not sure why they worked so well. Maybe because the camera was not at eye level. The operation would be a full frontal shot.

Ducks in a row campers

IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

Not larger IMG_3667.JPG

Ducks in a row IMG_3220.JPG

• Upvote 2

After 3 sightings of Bigfoot and no attacks or any threats, I started going out by myself.  However I have gone to some pretty bad places.  One night i was 5 miles from the nearest house on the Red River in Oklahoma was 5 miles away and I hear a lot of voices and dogs barking and all I was concerned about was were they going to try and steal my generator.   I was in a home made reserach trailer. I finally got my clothes on and holstered my 45 pistol I went out.  It was **** hunters and they apologized if they bothered me.  About 10 miles up there is a place called Brown Springs where the bad guys would kill someone and dump their bodies there.  There was a book written about all the killings called Red River Prosecutor who had tried and won 16 murder cases.  There is also a healthy population of Dogmen.  Any time I would go there I kept my 45 holstered.  I also have about 90 public hand launch boats where you can drive under the bridge and I have had some undesirables  walk into camp, but they were quick to leave when they saw the 45 or my 12 gauge.  If I am not in an area that is not bad, I prefer not to  take a gun for fear of spooking a Bigfoot that only wants to watch our camping party.  Outside of these areas I carry nothing because it has been my experience Bigfoot is only curious about me.  I do not go into the woods, but I set up camp usually with 4 people total, and when I first arrive I make a lot of loud noises just so Bigfoot knows I am there.  Usually but eventually they will come and see what is making all that noise, and when they figure it is a human I have had them spend the night watching me, but hidden in the bushes.  To keep their curosity I keep a projection tv playing on a 60 inch screen all night.  Occasionally I will get some rocks thrown at me, but they aim to miss me.  If i do get hit by a rock by experience I know it was Dogman that threw it.  They aim to hit and they are very accurate.  I do not buy the idea that Bigfoot will take people, and I have seen 15 and been close to well over 50 based on Bigfoot sounds,  screams, tree knocks, hoots, grunts, and their samari talk, but I have never felt threatened.  But I only carry a gun for protection against the 2 legged men that are up to no good.  I am 77 and I would be an easy target for robbery.  Also I am in South Texas and since Biden took office I have had illegals come walking into camp, but I do not trust them.  I am about 120 miles north of the border, and a lot travel alone and walk north to get wherever they have family of some other support. Some are bad people who were released from prision so their home country would not have to pay the prision bills supporting the skum of their society.   But most are just trying to find a better life than what their home country could offer them.

• Upvote 1

You've seen 15? At the same time? And heard 50 ? This sounds amazing!! Can you tell more of these events?