New member from Southern California intro

Socalsasquatch

Greetings All,

Let me start by saying I am so very excited to finally take the plunge and join a forum. I am normally just a online reader as I can be a little on the shy side. 

I have been fascinated with this mystery since the first time I saw the legend of boggy Creek when I was 8 years old and how I recall that movie terrified me as a child. From that moment on I was hooked.

I have been camping and hunting all my life and spend as much time as I possibly can in the outdoors. Since I live in Los Angeles I travel to Santa Barbara and do my camping there in the Los Padres national Forest.

Right now it is me and my best friend Dave who is my dog. we go out night hiking together. We also do day hikes and we love a good road trip. 

If there is anyone in the Southern California area that would like to get together to do research or sit around and share knowledge by all means let me know.

I am a voracious reader when it comes to anything Bigfoot and I scour the internet searching for any new information.

For this first post regarding this phenomena, I want to say that I feel the expedition Bigfoot television show seems to be the best show so far. IMHO 

Well that's it for my first post be safe and be well everybody.

-Rhys

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Socalsasquatch said:

Greetings All,

Let me start by saying I am so very excited to finally take the plunge and join a forum. I am normally just a online reader as I can be a little on the shy side. 

I have been fascinated with this mystery since the first time I saw the legend of boggy Creek when I was 8 years old and how I recall that movie terrified me as a child. From that moment on I was hooked.

I have been camping and hunting all my life and spend as much time as I possibly can in the outdoors. Since I live in Los Angeles I travel to Santa Barbara and do my camping there in the Los Padres national Forest.

Right now it is me and my best friend Dave who is my dog. we go out night hiking together. We also do day hikes and we love a good road trip. 

If there is anyone in the Southern California area that would like to get together to do research or sit around and share knowledge by all means let me know.

I am a voracious reader when it comes to anything Bigfoot and I scour the internet searching for any new information.

For this first post regarding this phenomena, I want to say that I feel the expedition Bigfoot television show seems to be the best show so far. IMHO 

Well that's it for my first post be safe and be well everybody.

-Rhys

Welcome, Rhys!

I am not in California, but there may be someone on the forum who is close by.  The forum kind of ebbs and flows… quiet for awhile and then gets busy.  

There s a fair number of reports from up in the San Gabriel mountains, from the foothills up to Big Bear and Arrowhead lake. There's a paperback from the 70's or early 80s that focuses on this mountain range, I'll see if can find my copy to get you the title. But there's all sorts of food for them up there. There's a concentration of black bears above Monrovia, but that area burned a couple years back, so who knows what's up there now...you might try farther east with the roads going north from azuza, glendora, or claremont.

• Upvote 1

20200104_153051.thumb.jpg.0ae51699109d5b83ab60cfe1538d1d84.jpg

Back in January, 2020 my wife and I were hiking the mountains north of Anza, CA, and on our way back to my truck about halfway down the mountain my wife pointed out some footprints and we had to wonder who would be walking around barefoot as there were patches of snow on the ground. One other odd thing is that my wife mentioned how quiet it was at that moment "the silence was deafening". As this is my first post after my introductory post, I hope the attached files can be opened (not sure if I did it correctly).

Takwi

20200104_152038.jpg

20200104_152048.jpg

Great suggestions. Just be careful. There's lots of weird and potentially dangerous people around. Lots of folks go missing in the Angeles Crest Forest. I lived in LA for 10 years, well before my interest in sasquatch. Be safe and have fun! Welcome.

• Upvote 1

Welcome, Rhys.

I too spent a lot of time out in the Lake Arrowhead, Angeles Crest, Big Bear and Fawnskin areas. There are some really cool areas out there. Stay safe, and howl if you need anything.

The other odd thing about those footprints is that there we saw no one on the trail going up, and no one coming down, and did not see the footprints on our way up.

Also, there were no other vehicles at the trailhead parking area.

Most of the hike there were birds squawking, either jays or mocking birds, and always one ahead of us and one behind us seeming to answer each other. I joked with my wife that they were signaling our approach to any animals in the area. It got real quiet when we stopped to take photos of the prints. Anyway, I forgot all about that hike since it was more than 2 years ago and just saw the pictures again while looking at recent photos. We have not been up to that area since then, but I did see a report on BFRO from the 1980's of footprints found near Anza, CA which is about 10 miles from this hiking area, the Cahuilla Wilderness Area.

Takwi

1 hour ago, Takwi said:

Most of the hike there were birds squawking, either jays or mocking birds, and always one ahead of us and one behind us seeming to answer each other. I joked with my wife that they were signaling our approach to any animals in the area.

Spies, and looking for snacks. I don't wear camo clothing since the birds give my location away.

And your display name is 'Takwi'.  Nice touch.