Gifts

yeetus

There is husband/wife research team in SE Oklahoma that own property that they use to search for Bigfoot and Bigfoot evidence. They have what they call a "gift log", and periodically leave gifts on the log. They mostly leave stuffed dolls or animals made for kids, or sometimes kid's toys.

Among the strange happenings they have claimed: A stuffed Bigfoot doll placed on the log was later found at the end of a branch in a tree that was about 20 feet away from the log. The stuffed Bigfoot was about 7 ft. above the ground. 

This was a strange one: A green turtle figurine was placed on the log and the next time they checked, the turtle figurine was  gone. On a later check of their gift log, and I think this may have been weeks later, they found an actual empty turtle shell had been placed either on the log or near it. It was something they had not put there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I had a gift area in the open wound that was hollow in the trunk of a poplar. Yes, it was wide enough to get your hand in and place a peanut butter jar.  Had some interaction within and about that.  It eventually totally healed up sort of like another similar hole in a maple that I used to put my dogs ashes.  I also had a log where various stick arrangements and placements were interacted with over a brief time.  It happens!  Any live animals gifted in return like box turtles put in compromised (immobile) positions?  And, it rocks your world when it does!:rock:   Obviously what goes on in these situations is that you are being closely monitored during daylight activities somehow, I have had extensive loud bird call medleys reproduced along with drummed cadences over time. So they are carefully listening during those same hours.  I had a small wood carved figurine of a bigfoot like critter placed between two rocks removed and kept in same general gifting area.  I used to encounter a specific shaped (trapezoidal) quartz rock that I think they were gifting in return, hard to tell they occur naturally pretty often where I am. It is something they suspected I was interested in, which I was.  Long story short I travelled this country and maintained it for 20 years before I even remotely suspected the glimmer of a BF eye might exist.  You would never think it could happen, until it happens to you.  

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 2

bipedalist, that's interesting about the peanut butter jars. I have heard of people putting out peanut butter. There is a video somewhere on the internet from "Barb and Gabby", and Barb would put out jars of peanut butter. One time she set a partial jar of peanut better on a stump, and when she checked on it again, the jar was laying on the ground by the stump, and the lid was off the jar and also laying near the stump.

She showed the peanut butter in the jar and it looked like it had been stirred with a small stick. It was as though something took a stick, maybe slightly smaller than a #2 pencil, and moved the stick back and forth in the peanut butter.

I went back to the video and rewatched the part about the turtles. The wife had placed a small green turtle on the gift log and it soon disappeared. It reappeared a few months later back on the log, and it was right next to an empty turtle shell that they had not put out. 

They also put two six packs of eggs out and a week later they found one carton under a  tree about 25 ft. away, with the carton open, and thought the eggs had been eaten since only the broken shells were in the carton.

The other carton had disappeared and they never found it.

• Upvote 1

Attached is a set of pdf files saved from a PowerPoint presentation regarding gifting in the summer of 2016 - initially on my own and then later in the summer with Jim Myers of Sasquatch Outpost in Bailey, Colorado.  During that summer a large number of gifts were taken - certainly by something with dexterity, human or other.  Much of the rearrangement of items was subtle and was only perceived and documented by comparing before (as left) and after (as found) photos.  A number of other encounters were experienced, but this file is mostly about gifting.  Due to file size the presentation needs to be broken into 4 parts.

Part 1

2016_10_15 Summer 2016 Gifts PUBLIC 1.pdf

PART 2

2016_10_15 Summer 2016 Gifts PUBLIC 2.pdf

PART 3

2016_10_15 Summer 2016 Gifts PUBLIC 3.pdf

PART 4

2016_10_15 Summer 2016 Gifts PUBLIC 4.pdf

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I leave food items. I do not leave toys or candy bars. On the ground or tree stump height. I have used eggs to check for opposing digits, toothy mouths and bird beaks. Broken shell is lack of dexterity ( grip and mouth ) and bird beaks. Unbroken shell is opposing digits, great mouth suck job or maybe a human. One has to consider other campers and roaming mineral prospectors especially if the site is close to water.   Braeburn apples are easy to store and transport. I had green colored apples left untouched so I just do Braeburn.

I had a location with a stump that was several feet in diameter and the heart wood rotted out. The cavity was a tapering vertical hole that could hold about 4--5 apples. Stumps in clear cuts are not flat or level with 2 cuts. Food placed on top  ( visible ) will draw animals / birds. Bird poop tells all. Bears are sloppy.

I was watched. I had all the apples disappearing overnight. No crumbs. Everything was vacuumed away. I would camp about 1,000 feet away with terrain blocking the view. They also had high ground position. No humans got past me. I set up a test to determine what was getting very nice Braeburns. I used a stick from the base of the stump to plunge into the apple core. I measured a range of extraction forces with a Chatillon scale that had memory function. I can't find my notes with the pulling force values bur IIRC, going over 10 pounds was not unusual with a fresh apple. The stick did not have 'beak ' marks from a raven ( one of two suspects at the grime scene ). The stick was removed from the apple and placed in the same spot every time on top of the stump. Right or left handed? I do not know.  What ever retrieved the apples had to reach deep into the hole to get the bottom apple. The hole ended up very disturbed. I was not able to find hairs. I put up a trail camera and instantly lost the site. The shrew that was living in the stump got a rest. It was freaked out. The images with the folding scale and Chatillon scale have the classic BFF 'red circle' around the shrew hole. The stick is in my freezer complete with 'high tide' marks.

IMG_0005 - 1.jpg

IMG_0047 - 1.jpg

IMG_0052 - 1.jpg

IMG_0051 -1.jpg

IMG_0001 - 1.jpg

Edited by Catmandoo
text
  • Thanks 1

9-dot, those are interesting pics. It's interesting what gets moved and what remains untouched.

Seeing the feathers made me think of an odd happening the husband/wife team I mentioned earlier had one time. They don't live on their property in SE OK, though they have a cabin and also bring a travel trailer with them.

They had put a few boards on concrete blocks to back the trailer up to to make an easier step.

One time they put a Nerf Football and a Nerf baseball, along with other toys on their gift log. 

The wife checked the log one morning and the Nerf football was gone. They then left for about two hours and when they got back, they found the football all torn up and laying on the boards below the steps at the back of the travel trailer, along with two cardinal feathers sticking up at an angle. The man thought the football looked like it had been chewed on and mentioned it looked like there were teeth marks in it, though he wasn't sure just what happened to it; and wondered if they thought it was something to eat. 

This frame shows both the football and the two feathers, plus one of the feathers themselves as they looked when they got back. From what they said, both items appeared on the boards during the two hours they were gone.

It's interesting the Nerf football was taken but the baseball was untouched.

1432760276_Screenshot(150).thumb.png.752bbcaf240884b5f32026c9711cf8a8.png

feathers2.thumb.png.8f30aee7c222f95a20bd2245d683bd70.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

9-dot, those are interesting pics. It's interesting what gets moved and what remains untouched.

My conclusion regarding the subtle reorientation of objects is that something lifted some of the objects to examine them (perhaps smell them or look at them more closely), tried to replace them in the position found, but failed to accurately do so.  (Only comparison of before and after photos allowed me to notice the differences.)

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

@Catmandoo  

I leave food items. I do not leave toys or candy bars. On the ground or tree stump height. I have used eggs to check for opposing digits, toothy mouths and bird beaks. Broken shell is lack of dexterity ( grip and mouth ) and bird beaks. Unbroken shell is opposing digits, great mouth suck job or maybe a human. One has to consider other campers and roaming mineral prospectors especially if the site is close to water.   Braeburn apples are easy to store and transport. I had green colored apples left untouched so I just do Braeburn.

I had a location with a stump that was several feet in diameter and the heart wood rotted out. The cavity was a tapering vertical hole that could hold about 4--5 apples. Stumps in clear cuts are not flat or level with 2 cuts. Food placed on top  ( visible ) will draw animals / birds. Bird poop tells all. Bears are sloppy.

I was watched. I had all the apples disappearing overnight. No crumbs. Everything was vacuumed away. I would camp about 1,000 feet away with terrain blocking the view. They also had high ground position. No humans got past me. I set up a test to determine what was getting very nice Braeburns. I used a stick from the base of the stump to plunge into the apple core. I measured a range of extraction forces with a Chatillon scale that had memory function. I can't find my notes with the pulling force values bur IIRC, going over 10 pounds was not unusual with a fresh apple. The stick did not have 'beak ' marks from a raven ( one of two suspects at the grime scene ). The stick was removed from the apple and placed in the same spot every time on top of the stump. Right or left handed? I do not know.  What ever retrieved the apples had to reach deep into the hole to get the bottom apple. The hole ended up very disturbed. I was not able to find hairs. I put up a trail camera and instantly lost the site. The shrew that was living in the stump got a rest. It was freaked out. The images with the folding scale and Chatillon scale have the classic BFF 'red circle' around the shrew hole. The stick is in my freezer complete with 'high tide' marks.

Guess "the cat" and BF tamed that shrew (temporarily anyhoo), nice study.  Hope you left a few crumbs of Ativan for that shrew!

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron
On 8/3/2022 at 10:59 AM, OkieFoot said:

bipedalist, that's interesting about the peanut butter jars. I have heard of people putting out peanut butter. There is a video somewhere on the internet from "Barb and Gabby", and Barb would put out jars of peanut butter. One time she set a partial jar of peanut better on a stump, and when she checked on it again, the jar was laying on the ground by the stump, and the lid was off the jar and also laying near the stump.

She showed the peanut butter in the jar and it looked like it had been stirred with a small stick. It was as though something took a stick, maybe slightly smaller than a #2 pencil, and moved the stick back and forth in the peanut butter.

I went back to the video and rewatched the part about the turtles. The wife had placed a small green turtle on the gift log and it soon disappeared. It reappeared a few months later back on the log, and it was right next to an empty turtle shell that they had not put out. 

They also put two six packs of eggs out and a week later they found one carton under a  tree about 25 ft. away, with the carton open, and thought the eggs had been eaten since only the broken shells were in the carton.

The other carton had disappeared and they never found it.

Left the jar lightly sealed and screwed on, had the same element of stickage or finger dipping as you except the jar was pretty much cleaned out and the top put back with the jar and lid in the hollow trunk.  Very strange, I had pulled the screw the lid of the jar trick in a tree then screw on jar with the jar appended to it and never had any luck with that setup

• Upvote 1

Here is more about the Bigfoot doll I mentioned earlier that was found out on a tree limb.

On the gift log they had placed an aqua blue rock, an orange Mickey Mouse whistle, and a stuffed Bigfoot doll. The Bigfoot doll was wrapped in a blue/gray towel that was fastened to the doll with a clothespin, and placed next to the whistle.

When they checked a week and a half later, they found the towel and clothespin under a tree about 25-30 ft. away from the gift log. It was laying under the tree and maybe about 5-6 ft. from the trunk. The man said the leaves appeared to have been pushed back and the leaves still left on the ground looked flattened, as though something had been sitting on them.

This is the 1st pic; the towel is in the center, with the pinching part still attached to the towel.

The Bigfoot doll itself was found out on a limb in the same tree, wedged between a couple of limbs. He said it looked about 7 ft. up off the ground. The dark blob in the upper part of the 2nd pic is the doll, along with a close up shot of the doll.

He didn't know what did it and 1037142584_dollbigfoot.thumb.jpeg.21e6b4fa676c39245215866a94422af1.jpegthought maybe small animals could have been responsible, but thought it was very strange.

The doll itself. 

doll3.thumb.jpeg.27d45a2ce1380f81ef915fbab29f8539.jpeg424678435_doll2.thumb.png.d46f4f8b0917fdaa5ad93ee44b4fff50.png

• Upvote 1

@OkieFootThat's really neat! I think I have that stuffed animal, too.

We sometimes leave crystals or pretty rocks. I had one in my pocket last night and completely forgot to gift it. We thought we had several wood knocks but got nothing on camera. We returned to where we saw the lights in the forest last week, but all was quiet.  Just a beautiful night in the woods. Shoulda left something. Dang it.

Edited by Madison5716

Madison, I hope you keep getting wood knocks.

Of the h/w team, the wife leaves rocks although they haven't had any of them disappear. However, something strange with the aqua rock was it had been put on the log with a stuffed dog and a week later they found both the rock and the dog laying in the leaves by the log. Small critters could probably can't be ruled out. They just left the dog and rock laying in the leaves where they were. When they checked again, they found the stuffed dog laying on top of the log, with the blue rock laying on top of the dog.

I should add they had a gifting tree only about 10-12 ft. from the gift log. They had hung a colorful slinky so it hung down, a yellow ball somewhat similar to a wiffle ball, and some red ribbon. They were all around 7 ft. up

Nothing in the tree had been moved; and neither were the blue rock and orange whistle on the log.

Out of all these items that were all near each other, only the Bigfoot doll had been moved.