Missouri Man Has Seen Bigfoot 15 Times and Has Tracks to Prove It - KHMO News-Talk-Sports

BFFbot

1 hour ago, norseman said:

So he shoots it, blows its shoulder open and then….. does nothing for 2 days because of rain? As a hunter you are ethnically bound to dispatch wounded animals. Especially dangerous ones! 

Thats not right.

Honestly he doesn't look in the best of health or really has the mobility to go after a wounded Sasquatch in the woods . Crazy story if true.

1 hour ago, scottpr said:

I thought I replied to this, or maybe it hasn't been approved yet.  Snip

Thanks for the write up and I agree it is cool to have an area where there is this much activity . This guys property is the type of place  I would like to camp out and try to bait them in :biggrin: .

4 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Honestly he doesn't look in the best of health or really has the mobility to go after a wounded Sasquatch in the woods . Crazy story if true.

Really because there is video of him driving his UTV around? Heck…. Call someone.

If we were neighbors in Idaho or Montana. And I shot a Grizzly bear in my yard and wounded it? And it ran off and I shrugged my shoulders and went inside? What would you think of that? What would you think with your kids playing in the back yard? You would NOT be OK with my actions.

This story could be complete horse manure. Fine, but taken at face value? That was really not OK at all.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, norseman said:

Really because there is video of him driving his UTV around? Heck…. Call someone.

If we were neighbors in Idaho or Montana. And I shot a Grizzly bear in my yard and wounded it? And it ran off and I shrugged my shoulders and went inside? What would you think of that? What would you think with your kids playing in the back yard? You would NOT be OK with my actions.

This story could be complete horse manure. Fine, but taken at face value? That was really not OK at all.

I'm a hunter and I understand what you're saying but I don't think comparing it to a  wounded grizzly  is an applicable  comparison , Big if ..but if these things exist  and are as intelligent as some describe plus the fact that they reportedly   don't travel alone .  It's probably not the best course of action to go after a wounded one alone . I don't know anything about this guy but he looks like he lives alone with his two dogs and from watching the video he has trouble walking down a few stairs and walks fairly slow .

This whole thing could be all a lie and none of this happened . The thing that sounds made up to me was he didn't want to go look for evidence because of the rain . That to me makes no sense . I understand him not pursuing it into the forest but to not go to the edge of his yard for two days to look for a clump of hair or blood makes no sense at all because it was raining for two days . He was a hunter and trapper in his younger days and he knows there would have been evidence at that spot in his yard to collect if he hit with a shotgun . There would have been blood on the grass . From what I gather from the interview it wasn't raining during the encounter the rain started after .

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I'm a hunter and I understand what you're saying but I don't think comparing it to a  wounded grizzly  is an applicable  comparison , Big if ..but if these things exist  and are as intelligent as some describe plus the fact that they reportedly   don't travel alone .  It's probably not the best course of action to go after a wounded one alone . I don't know anything about this guy but he looks like he lives alone with his two dogs and from watching the video he has trouble walking down a few stairs and walks fairly slow .

This whole thing could be all a lie and none of this happened . The thing that sounds made up to me was he didn't want to go look for evidence because of the rain . That to me makes no sense . I understand him not pursuing it into the forest but to not go to the edge of his yard for two days to look for a clump of hair or blood makes no sense at all because it was raining for two days . He was a hunter and trapper in his younger days and he knows there would have been evidence at that spot in his yard to collect if he hit with a shotgun . There would have been blood on the grass . From what I gather from the interview it wasn't raining during the encounter the rain started after .

Setting aside the tall tale angle for a moment.

If you not willing to end it? Then don’t shoot it…. Smart, dumb, big, small, doesn’t matter. Going after a wounded Griz alone is not the best course of action either. Nor do Griz only travel alone…

It’s self defense, whatever that’s fine. Call someone! Call your neighbors! Call fish and game! Because allowing a wounded dangerous creature to escape puts everyone downrange at risk. Ethically you cannot just ignore the situation. 

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Setting aside the tall tale angle for a moment.

If you not willing to end it? Then don’t shoot it…. Smart, dumb, big, small, doesn’t matter. Going after a wounded Griz alone is not the best course of action either. Nor do Griz only travel alone…

It’s self defense, whatever that’s fine. Call someone! Call your neighbors! Call fish and game! Because allowing a wounded dangerous creature to escape puts everyone downrange at risk. Ethically you cannot just ignore the situation. 

I still think you are equating taking a shot at a grizzly as the same as taking a shot at a Sasquatch . Going back to the reason he stated why he took the shot was to save the life of his dog that was being dragged away .We don't know if he has someone to call that will drop what they are doing and go out and pursue a wounded Sasquatch through the forest or if they want to . Watching his physical actions I still say he isn't up to that type of search or hunt so the person he called would be on his own . Call fish and game and tell them you have a wounded  Sasquatch on the loose in the forest can you please come over ?  Do they arrive with hounds and armed for bear ? Do they turn this over to another department where feds are crawling all over your property and through your life ?  They will probably red flag the old guy making up a reason to confiscate his firearms .

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, norseman said:

Chicken and cow stories?

Rooster and Bull. 

Had to edit. I don't cuss  but apparently someone thinks the other word to describe a Rooster was inappropriate. Obviously not from the south and never heard of South Carolina Gamecocks. Lol. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

.......the reason he stated why he took the shot was to save the life of his dog that was being dragged away.........Call fish and game and tell them you have a wounded  Sasquatch on the loose in the forest can you please come over.........

That is exactly what I'd do. Then I'd follow it up with a certified letter just to legally cover my fanny. In a DLP shooting with nobody to track a wounded predator with you, turning the situation over to the authorities is precisely the correct thing to do. In fact, I'd play their own games back at them. I'd describe the predator as a bear that walked on two legs, had broad shoulders and a flat face, and was dragging my dog away with hands and fingers. No way would I call it a bigfoot. It was a bear..........but different.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I still think you are equating taking a shot at a grizzly as the same as taking a shot at a Sasquatch . Going back to the reason he stated why he took the shot was to save the life of his dog that was being dragged away .We don't know if he has someone to call that will drop what they are doing and go out and pursue a wounded Sasquatch through the forest or if they want to . Watching his physical actions I still say he isn't up to that type of search or hunt so the person he called would be on his own . Call fish and game and tell them you have a wounded  Sasquatch on the loose in the forest can you please come over ?  Do they arrive with hounds and armed for bear ? Do they turn this over to another department where feds are crawling all over your property and through your life ?  They will probably red flag the old guy making up a reason to confiscate his firearms .

Its very similar….yes. Prove to me it’s not? Are there not tales of people shooting a Bigfoot?

(Tan response) I would rather lose a dog than the neighbors kids. Doesn’t matter. If your not committed then shoot in the air.

Call fish and game and tell them something big and black was dragging my dog away. Easy. It’s wounded. There is a blood trail. Come deal with it.

Ive known my neighbors since 1975. If something like that happened to me? I would have 20 neighbors at my place in 30 minutes. Getting stuck in a snow drift. Forest fires. Cougar kills. Etc. etc. Rural people stick together. Rural people help each other. And rural people talk.

• Upvote 1

I need to tell this story.

July 4th 1995

My father doesn’t come home for dinner. I’m at my wife’s family reunion in Kansas. My mom calls the neighbors looking for dad. No dad. The neighboring men go up on the ranch and find dads pickup. No dad. Mom goes back to the house and calls the sheriffs dept and reports dad missing. The deputy sheriff and the ambulance sit at the bottom of the mountain while the neighbors comb the mountain. They find his body around midnight. They drag him out of there and throw him in a pickup and take him down the mountain to the ambulance. The deputy never got more than 5 ft from his rig. 

The moral of the story? We rural folk don’t put much stock in the authorities. Every varmint on my ranch? Gets the 3 S’s….

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, norseman said:

Its very similar….yes. Prove to me it’s not? Are there not tales of people shooting a Bigfoot?

(Tan response) I would rather lose a dog than the neighbors kids. Doesn’t matter. If your not committed then shoot in the air.

Call fish and game and tell them something big and black was dragging my dog away. Easy. It’s wounded. There is a blood trail. Come deal with it.

Ive known my neighbors since 1975. If something like that happened to me? I would have 20 neighbors at my place in 30 minutes. Getting stuck in a snow drift. Forest fires. Cougar kills. Etc. etc. Rural people stick together. Rural people help each other. And rural people talk.

Well apparently this guy doesn't have a support net work of family and friends like you do . There are rural folks who are also loners who can't just call 20 neighbors to come over to their place in 30 minutes . Not everyone is the same .  This guy from what was posted doesn't trust many folks (somewhat crabby and distrusting in his old age ) that was posted by the person in the thread who met him. People like that might not want to call a fish cop and tell them  what happened or any other federal agencies .

Maybe a person like that doesn't trust these federal agents to come over and try to explain to them what happened . See there's always another side 

45 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Well apparently this guy doesn't have a support net work of family and friends like you do . There are rural folks who are also loners who can't just call 20 neighbors to come over to their place in 30 minutes . Not everyone is the same .  This guy from what was posted doesn't trust many folks (somewhat crabby and distrusting in his old age ) that was posted by the person in the thread who met him. People like that might not want to call a fish cop and tell them  what happened or any other federal agencies .

Maybe a person like that doesn't trust these federal agents to come over and try to explain to them what happened . See there's always another side 

What he did was dead wrong. And we can make all the excuses we like. It is what it is.

You don’t wound animals and let them become someone else’s problem. Full stop!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, norseman said:

What he did was dead wrong. And we can make all the excuses we like. It is what it is.

You don’t wound animals and let them become someone else’s problem. Full stop!

My spidey senses kind of tell me it never happened anyway due to the rain issue in the story . I could be wrong and his whole tale could be  true but when I watch the tape and he was asked if he investigated the spot after the shooting . His excuse for not walking to the end of his yard for two days because of rain just doesn't make sense . 

Unless the guy was just too scared to go outside for a couple of days and didn't want to say it , who knows

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, norseman said:

.......You don’t wound animals and let them become someone else’s problem........

The authorities are paid to b in authority, and they rule it over us. I have to buy a license to harvest "their" animals. If their animal comes to my home and trues to take one of my animals, I have a legal right to defend my property. If their animal gets away after I shoot it, it's their responsibility. It's no different than if it's a criminal who attacks my home. If I shoot him, and h gets away, I have no legal right or authority to hunt him down. I call the cops, inform them of what went down, and they get to go out abd hunt down their precious thug.