What is the best bigfoot footage today?

yeetus

With the release of thermal imaging cameras, why haven't there been any new detailed video recordings of bigfoot? The clearest and most detailed footage is still from Patterson Gimlin which was decades ago.

3 biggest possibilities IMO;

1) Does not exist.

2) Extremely rare and elusive.

3) Has gone extinct since the PGF was filmed.

• Thanks 1

I cannot have my thermal imager on all the time and ready to begin capturing a video or image with the push of a button. If it is on "sleep mode", it will overheat over time. Therefore, like cameras during the day, you can miss an event if it happens quickly. I have a decent thermal imager from a reputable company (Pulsar).

The really good thermal imagers you can buy today will record in 640 x 480 which is considered standard defintion not high definition.  Those imagers are going to cost $4,000 and more. The more affordable ones, like the one I have, record in 388 x 284. 

Perhaps others can speak to the resolution of the PGF but what most of us use in the field with our new-fangled thermal imagers is probably no better resolution than the PGF.

I dunno. Independence Day/Bigfoot carrying infant is around as good as Patty imo. Iirc, this is the unenhanced version of the video I have at my channel. Thinking ThinkerThunker has a better version in which I thought was better than P/G film. If this has been proven to be a hoax, excuse me posting it.  

There are plenty of compelling (to me anyway) thermal images, and you can search them up with very little effort. What they won't do is convince anyone whose default setting is "Bigfoot can't exist, therefore it doesn't".   Or anyone on the fence either, probably.  A thermal heat signature image is weird and fantastic looking to begin with, and any degree of skepticism is only enhanced by that. My take is that plenty of researchers have plenty more images that document what they know they experienced, but they also know that nothing will be gained by those being published.  A thermal blobsquatch is still a blogsquatch.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, WSA said:

......A thermal blobsquatch is still a blogsquatch.  

I'm quite convinced that sasquatches exist, and I'm equally convinced that a thermal image of a sasquatch is as useless as a lead balloon. A thermal instrument could be useful to kill a sasquatch, and thereby providing a carcass, but it is otherwise useless.

8 hours ago, Stabbath said:

I dunno. Independence Day/Bigfoot carrying infant is around as good as Patty imo. Iirc, this is the unenhanced version of the video I have at my channel. Thinking ThinkerThunker has a better version in which I thought was better than P/G film. If this has been proven to be a hoax, excuse me posting it.  

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

It's ironic how it was rare for a person to carry a camera in the wilderness in 1967 and yet someone managed to capture quality footage of a sasquatch. Compared to today where there is basically no new footage of bigfoot even though everyone has a 1080p+ camera on their phone. It's as if bigfoots can track people miles away and will only show themselves by will.

1 hour ago, yeetus said:

It's ironic how it was rare for a person to carry a camera in the wilderness in 1967 and yet someone managed to capture quality footage of a sasquatch.........

Not really. Patterson and Gimlin specifically went to Bluff Creek because of the many reports in that area, and tyey had that camera both hoping to get footage of the creature, and filming documentary footage. They weren't just wandering about in any forest and carrying a camera for no reason at all.

........Compared to today where there is basically no new footage of bigfoot even though everyone has a 1080p+ camera on their phone. It's as if bigfoots can track people miles away and will only show themselves by will.

Actually, there is new footage all the time, especially game cam pics. The problem is that they are either lousy quality, known animals in strange poses, or outright hoaxes.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. More photographic evidence will accomplish nothing more than increased rancorous debate, something the world is already overfilled with regarding every topic under the sun.

• Like 1

Thermal technology is not as widespread as one would think.  Most thermal scopes and monoculars are probably in the hands of coyote and hog hunters.  Those people are probably not hunting ideal Sasquatch terrain.  Coyote and hog hunting is really driving the civilian night vision and thermal markets.  

Those thermal units that are in the hands of Sasquatch hunters/researchers are often going to be lower resolution models…Flir Scout TK and the equivalent.  These are not going to give a usable image unless it is at close range under ideal conditions.  

Even the higher resolution models often don’t make it a few hundred yards past the edge of the campground.  When they are used, they are usually not used effectively or for very long.  

There just aren’t thousands of dedicated and skilled researchers using the latest technology to systematically hunt for Sasquatch any length of time, although it seems like a lot of people think that is somehow the case.  Any thermal footage is going to be obtained almost by accident…just like the PGF.  

I kind of like the one they caught on expedition bigfoot . Not the thermal but the one they filmed a mile away. I just don't trust them but if it's real that animal wasn't a bear on hind legs.  

For every 1 good pic of a bird I have on my phone, taken 5 feet away at the bird feeder, I have 100 blob-bird pics at the same distance. I take pics and video of wildlife with my phone and rarely does any of them turn out. It's easy to see why quality sasquatch pics and video are rare. Also, I believe sasquatches are on the decline. As long as people rely on their phones for a camera, not many quality pics and video will result.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, yeetus said:

It's ironic how it was rare for a person to carry a camera in the wilderness in 1967 and yet someone managed to capture quality footage of a sasquatch. Compared to today where there is basically no new footage of bigfoot even though everyone has a 1080p+ camera on their phone. It's as if bigfoots can track people miles away and will only show themselves by will.

This is a false premise.

We have tons of new Bigfoot footage! Way way more than 1967! Memorial day footage,    Freeman footage, etc, etc.

Unfortunately this is not the avenue of discovery. We knew this after the PGF. Physical remains is the only way. Something most people are woefully inadequate at providing….

• Upvote 1