Government involvement

norseman

Government Involvement  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If this creature does in fact exist I would assume that the government knows about it to some degree.   

I'm not sure I buy into the whole shadow government chasing people down and threatening them if they release information.   I've talked with people that have all kinds of convoluted stories about how they had perfect video and photos but the government stole it from a safe deposit box.   I usually just shake my head at those stories.  Could the government be covering it up?  sure, the gov does all kinds of horrible things and hides things every day.  I think it needs to be established that bf exists before we argue about the governments involvement.  

I can understand a government hiding something like aliens but not some big hairy dude that has been around for eons, why cover that up?   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sixarcs said:

If this creature does in fact exist I would assume that the government knows about it to some degree.   

I'm not sure I buy into the whole shadow government chasing people down and threatening them if they release information.   I've talked with people that have all kinds of convoluted stories about how they had perfect video and photos but the government stole it from a safe deposit box.   I usually just shake my head at those stories.  Could the government be covering it up?  sure, the gov does all kinds of horrible things and hides things every day.  I think it needs to be established that bf exists before we argue about the governments involvement.  

I can understand a government hiding something like aliens but not some big hairy dude that has been around for eons, why cover that up?   

Lack of control.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sixarcs said:

Because they would instantly adopt Bigfoot into the espionage field. Nobody is better suited, no pun intended.

55 minutes ago, Grubfingers said:

Because they would instantly adopt Bigfoot into the espionage field. Nobody is better suited, no pun intended.

Yes because Bigfoot would blend right in with a crowd!😳

I refer readers to Stan Gordon https://www.stangordon.info/wp/  The info is older but still useful today.  There may very well be a connection.  As for the video it draws conjectures but lacks facts.  From what we know so far Bigfoot like creatures will throw off a magnetic or electrical field you can find and track with a magnometer.  Even an inexpensive one will give you good data.  As for the cloaking if you can control energy they way they do you can pull off the stealth too.  The question remains on how you can catch them in the act.  My best,

LL

• 1 year later...

In this video a biologist with a state wildlife management agency clearly states that his agency regularly receives sasquatch reports from the public, these reports are occasionally investigated, they're recorded and filed, and they're held as confidential. He also states his knowledge of concentration areas of said reports. He also says things that indicate that area biologists talk to each other about these reports. 

We knew all of this. It is just more confirmation.

I saw that.  Very interesting.    Context, though?   His video "testimony" is evidence, not proof.   It does need to be validated in some way.     I wonder .. our member @georgerm is in the general area.   Wonder if he has talked to this guy?

MIB

28 minutes ago, MIB said:

.........Context, though?   His video "testimony" is evidence, not proof..........

Testimony, on camera, in uniform, not anonymous. In the denialist world of skepticism, this is called *adjective* testimony: "Compelling". "Convincing". "Conclusive". "Authentic".

This biologist is one of the good guys. He's doing his job with due diligence. His office gets a citizen making a report, they collect the report, they file it, and if "compelling", they investigate. 

It is likely that area biologists are not officially required to do this, and it is certain that some area biologists don't get many (if any) such reports. An examination of the BFRO database show significant numbers of counties, even in report rich states like Oregon, with zero reports. 

Some area biologists have investigated nest finds. The Eric Muench affair on POW Island and the Olympic Project establishes this. These are events that mirror each other almost exactly even though a thousand miles and 25 years apart: a timber cruiser finds nests, reports the find to the landowner who then brings in official biologists to investigate, and who are subsequently impressed. Do these biologists record their investigations and report them to their supervisors? We don't know for sure, and we'll never get any official confirmation, so we have to guess.

My guess is that they do. I sure would, if only to cover my own official reputation and integrity.

........ It does need to be validated in some way.........

The biologist gave the reason why it won't be validated: the confidentiality of the reporting witnesses. "Need to know". This is the backup position when "national security" runs dry. 

Those records, where existing, are sealed. 

What % of people even believe bigfoot exists (If we knew some true number).???

Here is the reason I ask:

If, say, 25% of the people believed in bigfoot at all, that means 75% don't.  Right off the bat that is a lot of people you don't have to deceive because they don't believe anyway.  They already operate in a day-to-day world where they think bigfoot doesn't exist.   

Even assuming the government even cares about the issue then we have to imagine a scenario where they cared or had reason to keep it quiet.  If so, they only have to reach that 25% of just dimmish them in such a way as to make them become marginalized. 

Edited by Backdoc

The most important feature to keep classified is the alleged 'cloaking' activity. The US, Russia, China and others would up the espionage game if they could use invisible spies. ( add sound track here: Bruce Springsteen,  Hunter of invisible game ). I don't think that the 'butt naked battalion' approach would work. It is unknown if an inorganic object held by a cloaked individual would have the same stealth condition. Invisible spies running around in the Kremlin / FSB would be a hoot.

"Posted September 3, 2022 by airforce47

I refer readers to Stan Gordon https://www.stangordon.info/wp/  The info is older but still useful today.  There may very well be a connection.  As for the video it draws conjectures but lacks facts.  From what we know so far Bigfoot like creatures will throw off a magnetic or electrical field you can find and track with a magnometer.  Even an inexpensive one will give you good data.  As for the cloaking if you can control energy they way they do you can pull off the stealth too.  The question remains on how you can catch them in the act.  My best,

LL"

I have not taken my magnetometers / gauss meters into the forest for animal detection. Humans have an ELF signature and the link is interesting.

https://www.measurement.sk/2005/S2/Lipkova.pdf

A report from 2005 is not necessarily 'old'. Lipkova has continued to work on his antenna. IIRC, he applied to the European Union for a patent on his antenna but was denied during 2022.

Optically, the cloaking condition is very difficult to record. Reports are daylight occurrences so the target is under UV, visible spectrum and IR light. Conditions of temperature and humidity are unknown. Human vision has not been able to see the target but viewers report 'something' was there. The infamous 'something'. Human vision uses contrast at edges to focus. Contrast at edges is also one of the methods that machine vision uses to focus. Human vision detects the edges of our cloaked cousin.  Edge detection, now more than ever. It is all about the glass. Don't use a cell phone camera. An interesting experiment would be to have a totally color blind person as an observer. Worked in WWII to see enemy camouflage material. If black Suburbans follow you around, you are on the right track.

Edited by Catmandoo
text
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

.........If, say, 25% of the people believed in bigfoot at all, that means 75% don't.  Right off the bat that is a lot of people you don't have to deceive because they don't believe anyway..........

Not only do you not have to deceive them, they will actively and aggressively deny the possible existence of sasquatches until they're presented with a carcass. They assist any decision to suppress discovery, and they do so for free.

.........Even assuming the government even cares about the issue then we have to imagine a scenario where they cared or had reason to keep it quiet.........

We can imagine numerous potential reasons, but we cannot prove any of them until government admits it.

We think about “government” but when we say that just what government are we talking about?   The United States?  Canada?  China?   Some nations would love to cause trouble to America.   If they knew about Bigfoot- and knew we were trying to keep it quiet-why help us keep quiet?

48 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

We think about “government” but when we say that just what government are we talking about?   The United States?  Canada?  China?..........

All governments likely to know about these creatures.That is most likely to include the US, Canada, Russia, China, India, and maybe Nepal (only a sovereign nation since 1955).

.........Some nations would love to cause trouble to America.   If they knew about Bigfoot- and knew we were trying to keep it quiet-why help us keep quiet?

Because they're in the same boat, and disclosure would be as detrimental to them as it would to the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/30/indian-army-claim-found-footprints-yeti-sparks-ridicule

The Indian army has claimed to have found the footprints of a yeti, prompting ridicule on social media.........

Edited by Huntster

21 hours ago, Backdoc said:

We think about “government” but when we say that just what government are we talking about?   The United States?  Canada?  China?   Some nations would love to cause trouble to America.   If they knew about Bigfoot- and knew we were trying to keep it quiet-why help us keep quiet?

Actually no. China has had government funded Yeren hunts. The Soviets did too but in secret (of course). And the Nepal government actually sold a permit to search for the Yeti. So not all governments have given it such a cold shoulder as the US…..

https://sino-platonic.org/complete/spp309_chinese_wildman.pdf

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjk3jm/bigfoot-believers-uncovered-a-lost-manuscript-about-the-soviet-sasquatch

https://www.historyextra.com/period/general-history/yeti-real-history-legend-abominable-snowman/

• Upvote 3

How ironic that communist states fund expeditions and allow written accounts of them on the subject while the ‘bastion of freedom’ believes ridicule and suppression are the way to go.

Edited by Chim Chim