Paul Freeman Filmsite, Deduct Spring, Oregon, July 2022

Daniel Perez

Excellent photos! Thank you! As much as the PG film site, Deduct Springs is a place that I want to visit.

I believe Freeman casted footprints at the site the day he shot his film. Does anybody know where those casts ended up?

15 hours ago, Huntster said:

Excellent photos! Thank you! As much as the PG film site, Deduct Springs is a place that I want to visit.

I believe Freeman casted footprints at the site the day he shot his film. Does anybody know where those casts ended up?

David Paulides has at least a number of the original Paul Freeman casts, and some of them are presently on loan to, and displayed at, the Sasquatch Outpost Museum in Bailey, Colorafo.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Cool pix! That's pretty much in the middle of nowhere! 

True, being that there is a trail to follow.

Seeing that the area is still the same. it can still be investigated.  Why did so many doubt Paul Freeman? Even if he worked for the forest service. The creature in that he spotted looked fake. JMO Yet, it was real. No! It is at a good distance though to get good features of the creature though, if he did not have the camera, he might have gone closer to the creature.

Admin
20 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Why did so many doubt Paul Freeman? 

For me, it is because he has admitted to hoaxing tracks. Sorry, but even if he did not hoax them all (and I doubt he did), how are you supposed to know which ones are legit? If you want to be a credible researcher, do not hoax anything...ever!!

I realize others have much different opinions, but he destroyed his credibility with me. 

According to this, Meldrum bought the entire cast collection for $2000:

The Paul Freeman Bigfoot Video (oregonbigfoot.com)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
2 hours ago, VAfooter said:

For me, it is because he has admitted to hoaxing tracks. Sorry, but even if he did not hoax them all (and I doubt he did), how are you supposed to know which ones are legit? If you want to be a credible researcher, do not hoax anything...ever!!

I realize others have much different opinions, but he destroyed his credibility with me. 

According to this, Meldrum bought the entire cast collection for $2000:

The Paul Freeman Bigfoot Video (oregonbigfoot.com)

I hoaxed tracks one time.🤣 I cut out pine boards in middle school wood-shop and strapped some boots to them and walked around my aunts garden. The next day my aunt went down to the garden and saw the tracks went screamin back to the house and told my uncle. Of course he guffawed her but she being a persistent German hen pecked him until he agreed to go back down with her. They both came screaming back to the house. 

My uncle wanted to call the sheriff but my aunt called my mom instead. Of course my parents knew all about my shop project and even donated the boots! Anyhow my mom busted out laughing and let the cat out of the bag! I steered clear of my uncle for awhile😬.

I never used them again and when my aunt moved I gave one of them to her. Lost the other one. 

Im sure they wouldn't fool any scientist nor did I want to. Just a bored country kid torturing family members!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, VAfooter said:

For me, it is because he has admitted to hoaxing tracks.........

I've read this, but under what circumstances did he do that? Did he hoax them in order to fool others, or did he do it to experiment with hoaxing to see if it could be done convincingly?

Does anybody know when and to whom he admitted hoaxing prints?

4 hours ago, VAfooter said:

For me, it is because he has admitted to hoaxing tracks.

Cite your sources.   There was one situation where something he said was deliberately removed from context thus artificially creating a falsely damning appearance.    Barring documentation / clear citation of your sources, I have to assume  you are mistakenly regurgitating that old falsehood.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Admin

I believe it was on Good Morning America or something like that. I have seen the discussions pro and con as to whether he did or not. I will have to do some searching around to come up with the source.

Making me document everything....  ;) 

For me, he is not credible, but I do understand for others he is. Just a difference of opinion. End result is that it does not move the needle one way or the other.

30 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

was on Good Morning America or something like that.

That does not detract from my great respect for your opinions VAfooter, but I am laughing that Good Morning America qualifies as a source for ANYTHING!

• Upvote 1

Admin

My opinions do not matter any more than anyone else's...   :lol:

As I remember it, GMA did an interview with Freeman and he admitted creating his own tracks at some point. I will have to go back and get the details. You are right, GMA is not a great source, but it was on air footage. Any I realize that video can be made to say anything you want it to. I will have to review this over the next few days and see what made me think it was accurate.

1 hour ago, VAfooter said:

........End result is that it does not move the needle one way or the other.

Agreed, however it was the second most significant motion picture sasquatch evidence event of history simply because it came with casted footprint evidence, and the exact location of the event was revealed. 

My opinion of Freeman himself was almost immediately piqued with the surprise visit Dr. Meldrum made to his home, and Freeman then taking Meldrum to a set of prints he had found that very morning. Meldrum described this event in "Legend Meets Science", and posted this review if the prints online. Everything I read about Freeman after that further impressed me. I continue to believe that he was the best sasquatch hunter in modern times.

http://www.bigfoot-lives.com/html/evaluation_of_alleged_sasquatc.html

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VAfooter said:

I believe it was on Good Morning America or something like that. I have seen the discussions pro and con as to whether he did or not. I will have to do some searching around to come up with the source.

Making me document everything....  ;) 

For me, he is not credible, but I do understand for others he is. Just a difference of opinion. End result is that it does not move the needle one way or the other.

Is he not credible because he hoaxed prints in the past (context aside), or for another reason?

13 hours ago, norseman said:

I hoaxed tracks one time.🤣 I cut out pine boards in middle school wood-shop and strapped some boots to them and walked around my aunts garden. The next day my aunt went down to the garden and saw the tracks went screamin back to the house and told my uncle. Of course he guffawed her but she being a persistent German hen pecked him until he agreed to go back down with her. They both came screaming back to the house. 

My uncle wanted to call the sheriff but my aunt called my mom instead. Of course my parents knew all about my shop project and even donated the boots! Anyhow my mom busted out laughing and let the cat out of the bag! I steered clear of my uncle for awhile😬.

I never used them again and when my aunt moved I gave one of them to her. Lost the other one. 

Im sure they wouldn't fool any scientist nor did I want to. Just a bored country kid torturing family members!

This is not hoaxing, where you are trying to hoax allot people. This is just playing a joke on family members.

After doing some reading about Paul Freeman he had prints with dermal ridges which are not easy to come by.  Dr. Meldrum brought them for $ 2000.00.  So, these prints had some importance. So, did he actually say that he hoaxed some of these prints? Could it be that he needed more money? I am just speculating since he did gain the attention of Dr. Meldrum. In the film, it is said that there are two creatures.  That there is one large creature and a small creature. He does seem surprised when he sees them.  My question is> How deep was he in the woods when he saw the first creature that walked across him in the film? I say this, since if he was not that deep on the trail head it might be possible to hoax this sighting. 

The area just looks to convenient for a hoax. Why would a creature just walk across in front of a person, like this creature did. This to me does not make sense at all. When you hear witnesses talking about the creature turning around. Walking away swiftly through the forest, or the creature peaking behind a large tree. In my view of the creature, I have to go with the behavior of the creature. What we know about this creature when it encounters humans. To what it does upon encountering humans.

I believe that Patty is a good example. She showed restraint, yet she moved swiftly. If we are to say that these creatures are flesh and blood. Then we need to treat them as such. All animals have their own ways upon encountering humans. These creatures are the same. They just do not follow the law of nature. That is if there is such a thing as a law of nature among the animals upon encountering humans.