Paul Freeman Filmsite, Deduct Spring, Oregon, July 2022

Daniel Perez

Rene Dahinden and Bob Titmus held the opinion that Paul Freeman was a hoaxer looking for attention.  Jeff Meldrum was aware of that, so he and his brother travelled to Walla Walla to meet with Paul Freemen to document the workings of a hoaxer.  Upon meeting Freeman Paul related that he had found prints that very morning but that they were insufficient quality to cast.  The Meldrum brothers visited the new prints and were positively impressed.  After viewing the earlier casted prints that started the issue, they concluded that not only were Freeman's prints legit, but that he was a first class Bigfoot researcher.  This linked Scientific American article is worth a read:

scientificamerican.com/article/bigfoot-anatomy.com/

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Bad link.

Just add the requisite http prefix or copy and paste the address into a search engine (like Google) and it will take you there.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 9-dot said:

Just add the requisite http prefix or copy and paste the address into a search engine (like Google) and it will take you there.

Interestingly, neither worked. Google and Duckduckgo browsers both came up with error messages saying that there were too many re-directs.

I got there with a search from the Scientific American home page using the keywords " bigfoot anatomy". After arrival, I checked the internet address of the page:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bigfoot-anatomy/

^^^^^^ That link also fails. :banghead:

Here is the proper link: Bigfoot Anatomy - Scientific American Hope that this helped.

• Upvote 1

Admin

Here is the original GMA interview (and yes, it is condescending and snarky):

Poor quality, I know (on the order of most BF videos). The part where Freeman "admits" is at around 4:44 and lasts for all of 5-6 seconds. Obviously, there is no other context to the interview and as I said, video can be edited to "prove" whatever the editors wish.

And then there was this:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/dennett03.htm

Note that the author of the article, Michael Dennett, is the same person used as the skeptical expert in the video. However, Bobbie Short speaks very highly of him and describes him as being very fair. I think there were perhaps some other sources as well, but for the life of me, I have no idea of what they were.

I had forgotten about the other allegations against Freeman that are in the article. All in all though, none of this really matters. We all have different opinions, and opinions are just that, opinions.

If you believe him to be truthful and legit, no problem. For me though, I have doubts.

Complete Freeman video:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MIB said:

It is my understanding that he did not HOAX prints.  He MADE prints to see what difficulties a hoaxer would encounter, what the telltale signs of a hoax would be.   That's a big, big difference.   I am not aware of him trying to pass off any fake tracks as real .. ever.    That is simply .. spin .. originated, as I understand it, by border patrol tracker who was brought in to debunk Paul's track find ... not investigate, mind you, but **debunk**.   In other words, a paid character assassin.

No doubt. In fact, that's something I'd expect a serious researcher or authority on the topic to do.  Well, that's a shame someone would slander him like that.  Thank you for bringing me up to speed on his situation.

Edited by Dave

I find it funny that the problem with the Freeman film is that it’s a more modern VHS camera. Which shows less detail than the PGF!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1