Sign in to follow this  

What Makes Patty Real/or Fake

PBeaton

So what are the huge things jutting straight out from her abdomen if not a whole lot of fatty tissue?

0864.gif

kitakaze,

If you are refferin' to her breasts, you did see the in quotes(of course some)?

I see hip waders, is it your opinion these were under a fur costume? If so, I'll address why I think not, easy enough ta do. Of course it's my opinion the subject is indeed a sasquatch, but I'll still address why they wouldn't work(in my opinion), if you state that is likely what is under a fur suit, in your opinion of course.

Pat...

ps: I never even got around to ownin' a portable CD player, last listenin' thing I had was a tape player, must be near 30 years ago ! ha ! Don't have one those new thin's either, isomethinorother? I still watch my VHS tapes now an again. :)

Edited by PBeaton

SweatyYeti

0864.gif

I don't know, kit...I gave it a try....but, I ain't "feelin' it"...

WackyCalfFlexCompAG1.gif

The waders just don't show the same degree of contraction, that Patty's calf muscle shows. :) Sorry!

kitakaze,

I see hip waders, is it your opinion these were under a fur costume?

If so, I'll address why I think not, easy enough ta do. Of course it's my opinion the subject is indeed a sasquatch, but I'll still address why they wouldn't work(in my opinion), if you state that is likely what is under a fur suit, in your opinion of course.

Pat...

ps: I never even got around to ownin' a portable CD player, last listenin' thing I had was a tape player, must be near 30 years ago ! ha ! Don't have one those new thin's either, isomethinorother? I still watch my VHS tapes now an again. :)

It was too easy, Pat... :) ...I couldn't help myself. But, I'm sure you can give a slightly more serious rebuttal to the 'hip waders' proposal.

I've never had an I-anything I-either. And, I'm proud to say, I never owned an 8-Track player. I did listen to 8-Tracks in my friend's cars, though. The best part was when they changed tracks, right in the middle of a song... :lol: "click---click"

PBeaton

SweatyYeti,

How goes it ? :) Yeh, there are so many thin's goin' against the hip waders. From the rubber bunchin'/foldin' at the knee, the ones he shows look like they would rise to the waist at the side, which would be above the horizontal line across thigh, how would he account for the protrusion/hernia that pops out then disappears, there is also the protrusion that pops out an then disappears at hip, clearly there are no folds appearin' in supposed fake fur(like those images you showed of Dfoot I think, looked like it folds up at the hip if I recall. At a point of articulation, as expected.) Waders wouldn't allow for the visible flexion of the thigh that we see, nor the flexion of calf that we see. The skin/fur on her leg is form fittin'/tight like that of a livin' animal, it does not show any sign of the folds we see in costumes. If I recall, Bill has said that type of fur/costume was not around at the time. But hey, if they want to suggest hip waders... ;)

Cheers !

Pat...

Shadows and film grain do not equal "muscle flexion".

PBeaton

Interdasting,

An what creates shadows... :) Perhaps sunshine on uneven surfaces, the muscle flexin' creates variation in those surface an thus creatin' those shadows like at the vastus lateralis above an behind knee, quite similar to how the same shadows are created by my vastus lateralis when it flexes.

Pat...

SweatyYeti

You're right...'muscle flexion' equals 'muscle flexion'. Therefore...Patty's 'calf flexion' equals 'calf muscle flexion'.

See how simple that was? :)

• Upvote 1

Interdasting,

An what creates shadows... :) Perhaps sunshine on uneven surfaces, the muscle flexin' creates variation in those surface an thus creatin' those shadows like at the vastus lateralis above an behind knee, quite similar to how the same shadows are created by my vastus lateralis when it flexes.

Pat...

If you believe that is Patty's calf muscle "flexing", then you must also believe her head changes shape. Both of these anomalies are from poor image quality and film grain/noise.

The leg muscles, the fluid movement, the breasts, how similar back of patty is to gorilla when their were not a lot of photos of gorilla's around.

I don't think it is a man in a suit and that does not leave me any other options.

xspider1

Both of these anomalies are from poor image quality and film grain/noise.

Thanks for clearing that up. :mellow: Evidently there are tons of image anomalies in the PGF which collectively conspire to create a very realistic looking Creature. I wonder why that has never worked at all with any costume before that day or in all of the 44+ years after.

C8ButtSepF308F309AG1A.gif

(great gif, Sweaty! :B

Edited by xspider1

Guest StankApe

Because nobody else has shot a film with a 16 mm camera at 80+ feet, then used 2nd and 3rd generation copies to blow up and study.....

Every attempt to copy it uses a lame looking suit and shoot it on video from like 30 feet or less, and it looks stupid. Nobody has seemed to really be trying to make a replica.... and to make a proper replica, you'd need to recreate the exact camera, stock , distances...etc even time of day and a similar trajectory and geography for the area....

Because nobody else has shot a film with a 16 mm camera at 80+ feet, then used 2nd and 3rd generation copies to blow up and study.....

Every attempt to copy it uses a lame looking suit and shoot it on video from like 30 feet or less, and it looks stupid. Nobody has seemed to really be trying to make a replica.... and to make a proper replica, you'd need to recreate the exact camera, stock , distances...etc even time of day and a similar trajectory and geography for the area....

It's interesting to look at the BBC X-creatures

. Fast forward to about 5:45. It's well known they basically just grabbed an old ape suit, not one meant to look like Patty. We know how bad the BBC suit is, because there are clear pictures of it. In the actual footage they shot though, it doesn't look too "bad" at all, it's illustrative how unimpressive the PGF really is.

SweatyYeti

Nobody has seemed to really be trying to make a replica...

Yet those same 'nobody's' are putting many hours into trying to de-bunk it... :lol:

Without any success, I might add... :lol:

And, losing ground, after 44 years...I might add... :lol:

And, will FAIL, when all is said and done...I might add... :lol:

Interdasting wrote:

it's illustrative how unimpressive the PGF really is

Janos Prohaska has said:

"I've been in this business since 1939...and, if that would be a suit...it is the best suit, I have ever seen". (Emphasis his.)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Janos Prohaska has said: "I've been in this business since 1939...and, if that would be a suit...it is the best suit, I have ever seen". (Emphasis his.)

Stan Winston has said :

"it's a guy in a bad fur suit, sorry!"

Guest StankApe

Yet many other special effects men have stated unequivocally that not only was it a suit, that it wasn't even that great of a suit. It doesn't look so great blown up, it looks like a ratty mess with loose joints that shouldn't exist, boobs that are wayyy to rigid for a non bra wearing critter, and strange subductions in the mid thigh. ...

What's up with all the dang smilies? it's like I'm on a hello kitty forum.....

Edited by StankApe

SweatyYeti

Thanks for clearing that up. :mellow: Evidently there are tons of image anomalies in the PGF which collectively conspire to create a very realistic looking Creature. I wonder why that has never worked at all with any costume before that day or in all of the 44+ years after.

(great gif, Sweaty! :B

Thanks, xs... :) It shows 'independent movement' of the two sides of the buttocks nice and clearly...doesn't it?! :ph34r:

Yet many other special effects men have stated unequivocally that not only was it a suit, that it wasn't even that great of a suit. It doesn't look so great blown up, it looks like a ratty mess with loose joints that shouldn't exist, boobs that are wayyy to rigid for a non bra wearing critter, and strange subductions in the mid thigh. ...

What's up with all the dang smilies? it's like I'm on a hello kitty forum.....

The good news is....it doesn't matter, or mean very much, that people say "it's a bad looking suit". The common position that people take, regarding Bigfoot, is that "it cannot/does not exist".

It's easy to swim with that tide...and say "it's a cheap suit".

On the other hand...for anybody to say what Janos said..."it is the best suit I have ever seen".....that carries more significance/meaning, because that opinion is swimming 'against the tide'.

But, what is most significant, and meaningful....is that nobody can SHOW that it's a suit...bad, or otherwise.

Nobody can replicate it... :lol:

Edited by SweatyYeti