Joe Beelart: Bigfoot Researcher tumbled under the weather

bipedalist

I echo everyone else; I hope you recover soon.

• 1 month later...

Hello Madison5716:   Much of the upper Clackamas burned last year.  The road is closed at the Willamette National Forest line and probably will be for at least another year.  The middle Clackamas road suffers land slides as rain accumulates and there's nothing to hold the hillsides.  So, please check with me or the USFS as to what's open.  If you are planning a trip, there are other ways into the forest.  Let me know.  Was only up 4 nights this year, plus 3 nights out from Beachfoot.  However, since I "grew up" only 40 airmiles east of Beachfoot in the Coast Range, I guide people around up there, so in a way that counts.  Plus I show people how to night walk, etc.  Can tell funny stories on that.  

Still in physical therapy since August, can you believe it?  Can finally put my socks on without going through contortions, get into the cab of my truck the right way {not jacked up}, and can walk downstairs the usual way {with a banister}, and often up stairs.   I'm very lucky I'm not a two wheeler, thank goodness.    Moral of the story:  Be careful up the hill.  Fortunately I have insurance.  

Hay, if anyone has Tomas Steenburg's contact, please let me know.  Regards Your Supreme Carelessness.     Ps:  Was to change "4 trips" to "4 nights".  I've been up a bunch of day trips.  

Already planning for 2023 !  Really planning.  

a Mt Hood from Devils Ridge_ Solstice  Low Res - Copy (3).jpg

Edited by joebeelart
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, joebeelart said:

Hello Madison5716:   Much of the upper Clackamas burned last year.  The road is closed at the Willamette National Forest line and probably will be for at least another year.  The middle Clackamas road suffers land slides as rain accumulates and there's nothing to hold the hillsides.  So, please check with me or the USFS as to what's open.  If you are planning a trip, there are other ways into the forest.  Let me know.  Was only up 4 nights this year, plus 3 nights out from Beachfoot.  However, since I "grew up" only 40 airmiles east of Beachfoot in the Coast Range, I guide people around up there, so in a way that counts.  Plus I show people how to night walk, etc.  Can tell funny stories on that.  

Will do! We have intentions, maybe in the spring, to do a longer trip that direction. We would be thankful for your ideas and experiences. 

We've had fires impact our research locations around here, too. I hate to see the forests burn.  But it makes for dramatic photos as it bounces back!

20221113_090359.jpg

BFF Patron

Good to hear you are mobile Joe.  Knee replacement took me six months of PT, mostly twice a week.  I can climb mountains and do trailwork again so it does pay off. Hope your beautiful OR mtns recover sweetly and the Pineapple Express does not translocate too much Earth this winter.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
BFF Patron

@joebeelart PM sent, hope the recovery is being expedited and weather is treating you right!