Violent Bigfoot

JDL

So what contact had the target teenage boy had with squatch in the past prior to the incident I wonder? I'm sure there could possibly be much, much more to this story if the boy ever talks.

I wondered that too. The grandmother figure (who is highly respected in that place) also shared a report of her granddaughter running in the house to say 'Monkey man took my doll - Monkey man took my doll!", The area is close to a research area that has yielded typical Squatchy type audio recordings. I can ask later if this report will be published online or not.

Whether they hunt or eat humans is open to conjecture.

B) I am reminded of a fascinating story from the old Forum, perhaps from the Oklahoma Territory before Statehood, wherein children were disappearing from several communities. A posse made up of troops and guided by a seven foot tall Native and his two seven foot sons found a BF inhabited domed underground mound with an entrance, around which were scattered the remains of numerous children in various states of dismemberment. A fierce battle ensued in which many troops and the Natives were killed as well as supposedly all the Bigfoot, which were gathered together and burned.

If I recall correctly, this account was said to exist today somewhere in the State Archives.

Maybe someone can dig this one up with the correct details as my memory may not be entirely accurate.

- Dudlow

I definitely agree with JDL in his original post, that the idea that bf are harmless and peaceful in nature is unrealistic. I might go so far as to add that it is perhaps simple-minded. IMO, wishful thinking at best.

It's that one site's party line. I also believe they redact or toss out stories of agressive behavior, cherry picking what they want us to know to control public opinion as best they can. The best sources of info have been tainted by revisionary history. Agressive bf? Hush, now, don't say such things, or the sastapo will send you to do field research in Siberian re-education camps. So don't you go saying the emperor has no clothes.

I agree that there has to be some reason for calling them canibals. That concept is too common in Native American lore to be baseless. Does that mean they eat humans or that they eat each other? Both? I have wondered if the reason we find no bodies is that they ritually eat them, and that is what it refers to, although the NA stories include kidnapping women and children--but to eat? I mean, really to eat? Not just a boogeyman tale to keep junior from wandering away from the wikiup into the night?

Aggression is very common--the stalking, rock throwing, screeeching, pounding on walls, knocking trees down almost right onto you, etc. But most seems to be more for show, to communicate GET OUTTA HERE. I recall one report of a bf smacking a girl's head againster her steering wheel, and plenty of them scaring us on purpose. And don't forget the Ape Canyon story, that is a real hair raiser.

Camping beside their spring, creek, pond, or lake certainly is an invitation to a scary night. I think that is pretty understandable. You'd make me irritated if you came between me and a drink of water for 12 hours. I have seen this pattern noted by others and read a lot of corroborating reports.

I read a bunch of Alberta reports somebody here linked to. Of about 30, about ten included sightings and half were kind of unpleasant. Alberta In one, a woman is chased, Peyto Lake, Jasper - 2001, in three more, screaming and stalking, Jasper - 1999, Ghost Lake - 2002, and Brown Creek - 2003, but this one wins the prize, Forestry Trunk Road - 2001. Yeeeesh. JDL, I think this one counts.

A recent video by squatchmaster on youtube includes him being supposedly knocked down by a bf from out of a tree or something, and he says some family have been knocked down. Take a hint, dude.

I think they are people, too, I mean they have a spoken language, opposable thumbs, are primates, dang smart, and use some tools. They probably have culture. I also agree they are very unpredictable, just because we don't know much about them, if for no other reason.

I have wondered why the truce. It seems we would naturally be competitors and rivals in many ways. I am glad they glance over and keep going, however.

If a "rogue" bf killed a person, it's possible the other bf would kill the killer, but I doubt it's on our behalf. I think it's to protect the group from the possibility of a repeat of that killing by the same one and possible follow-up pay-backs.

I imagine it's in their culture that we and they are cousins and that we might be small, but we are many and we are dangerous if fooled with, and humans have each other's backs. We avert our eyes, they do the same, we all live in peace, and no blood is shed. Just better all around that way.

I have wondered if someday they might rise up and kill us all, but I doubt there are that many of them in the same places there are a great many of us. They are very peaceful when at a disadvantage, for sure.

I don't know how many people really disappear in the wilderness. Good question. I can't find many hunters disappearing after googling it.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest RedRatSnake

I imagine it's in their culture that we and they are cousins and that we might be small, but we are many and we are dangerous if fooled with, and humans have each other's backs. We avert our eyes, they do the same, we all live in peace, and no blood is shed. Just better all around that way.

Hi

I wonder if they would go as far too let there race perish before fighting back

Tim ~

I think it is a question of degree. How dangerous are they to us? I'd say not very dangerous. Sure they could snap us like a kitchen match, eat the body and dispose of the rest where it would most likely never be found, but do they? Not very darn often! It isn't scary, or cool, but it is far more dangerous driving out to your favorite squatchin' spot, than the danger from a squatch attack once you are there. Besides, nobody lives forever, and nobody gets off the rock alive!

I don't think it's a coincidence that many of the First Nations names for Hairy Folk (HF) include the word cannibal. It's easy from this term to derive 2 things. 1) First Nations people considered the HF to be people (they didn't refer to Grizzlies as cannibals, for instance). 2) The HF at that time in prehistory considered the humans a prey item. It is my theory that also in prehistory the First Nations folks in those areas where the Hairy Folk viewed them as a prey item that they were "no easy meat" and eventually drove the cannibal strains to extinction. But I think the instinctual reaction that most people feel upon their first encounter with the HF is a remnant of that prehistorical era.

In the present age, I believe that predation still does occur by the occasional "sociopath" among the HF, only very, very, very rarely. I don't think any of the accounts that we have recorded as "violent behavior" are accounts of attempted predation, but rather intimidation behavior. I think that virtually 100% of the time the act of predation results in the total disappearance of the human. I also believe that if the predation occurs anywhere near other HF, that the HF that performed the predation is basically signing its own death warrant. I believe that the normal HF will kill the aberrant one on our behalf.

I can't prove any of the above but it is MHO.

I think that throughout our shared history, it has been easier for a squatch to forage from human sources of food than it has been to use humans as food. European legend, Native American accounts, and modern reports are all consistent in that squatch raid crops and livestock upon occasion. Our communities also attract and support many prey species, which in turn could support squatch.

But I also agree with Boolywooger.

European legend and native American accounts are consistent in that they describe squatch (trolls, ogres, etc) as preying on humans also. It has not been so long since the survival of human communities depended on the success of the summer growing season and the fall harvest. A drought, hailstorm, or other calamity could result in winter starvation within human communities. Historically, squatch, habituated to look at human food supplies as a source of forage, may well have been drawn to human villages during harsh winters when other food was scarce. If food was also scarce in human communities, predation may have been the result.

In modern terms, forage is available near our communities even in the harshest of winters, so it is less likely that a squatch could be tempted to prey on a human, but this may not be the case if a human and a hungry squatch happen to meet in the wilderness in the winter. From a squatch's perspective isolated human prey must seem preferable to starvation.

I also think that it is true historically that members of our communities banded together and attempted to kill or drive away squatch when detected. There certainly seem to be sufficient news stories from the 1700s and 1800s to this effect. During times of privation, whether a squatch was preying on humans, or foraging from dwindling human food supplies, the result would be the same - dead people. Whether the squatch was killed, or simply displaced, resulting in its own starvation, it is possible that we effectively culled the tendency to prey on us out of their population. It is also possible that they still prey on us occasionally, and we attribute the disappearances to other causes, simply because we do not consider squatch predation a possibility.

Guest RedRatSnake

Sure they could snap us like a kitchen match, eat the body and dispose of the rest where it would most likely never be found, but do they? Not very darn often!

Ok

I am not going into the woods anymore looking for this frigging thing

RRS

There is an interesting book out regarding the evolution of why humans look the way they do and formed the culture that we have in relation to our history while coexisting with Neanderthal. I don't know if the author's theory is correct in regards to Neanderthals, but it did occur to me that he may be correct when it comes to our past relationships with other ancient hominid species.

http://www.themandus.org/

B) I am reminded of a fascinating story from the old Forum, perhaps from the Oklahoma Territory before Statehood, wherein children were disappearing from several communities. A posse made up of troops and guided by a seven foot tall Native and his two seven foot sons found a BF inhabited domed underground mound with an entrance, around which were scattered the remains of numerous children in various states of dismemberment. A fierce battle ensued in which many troops and the Natives were killed as well as supposedly all the Bigfoot, which were gathered together and burned.

If I recall correctly, this account was said to exist today somewhere in the State Archives.

Maybe someone can dig this one up with the correct details as my memory may not be entirely accurate.

- Dudlow

This is the account of Sacred Baby Mountain. The physical descriptions of the squatch are consistent, but their behavior does not seem to be. If this account is true, it is horrific. It would be interesting to find a secondary source for the account, or to verify the past existence of the militia unit and the people in it.

The site contains other stories, some of which are labeled fictional, so a secondary source seems necessary.

Guest HairyGreek
It is also possible that they still prey on us occasionally, and we attribute the disappearances to other causes, simply because we do not consider squatch predation a possibility.

Now that is what I would consider an understatement. This is one of those things that sends discovery back and forth in my mind often. If so many of us on this board are right and these creatures exist, things like this won't be mystery. A great deal of biologist, anthropologists, and archeologists will be tripping over each other for these answers and right now this sort of thing could be happening frequently for all we know and no one even cares this is a possible answer.

There is an interesting book out regarding the evolution of why humans look the way they do and formed the culture that we have in relation to our history while coexisting with Neanderthal. I don't know if the author's theory is correct in regards to Neanderthals, but it did occur to me that he may be correct when it comes to our past relationships with other ancient hominid species.

Jodie, that's just freaking creepy. I may not sleep tonight. The images are definitely disturbing on a primal level.

Edited by JDL

Guest HairyGreek

Thank you for this Jodie. I cannot tell you how much this helps my personal theory. I need to make sure Bonehead74 sees this...awesome find.

The facial structure, eye size and positioning, the body hair, the nocturnal character all ring true. Some of these charactersitics are also similar to bigfoot. I'm not so sure that the interspecies conflict ended as long ago as 30,000 years, though. There are simply too many more recent legends to attribute to 30,000 year old racial memory.