What Keeps You Interested In Sasquatch

Guest COGrizzly

Guest HairyGreek

Sorry all. The link I sent was artwork from both Ernist Nelson (See's avatar artist) and Brian Snoody; both of which have done a lot of "giants" renditions. I guess the website I linked to either lost, or never had, rights to Ernist Nelson's artwork and has since my last visit been taken down. Lots of stuff now missing from this page from a lot of different artists.

Edited by HairyGreek

BFF Patron
Evidently these human giants liked to eat the Indians so they had problems making friends.

Great link and thanks for that. Contained one of the understatement of the year awards for 2011 to date. :blink:

Try this link:

Human Giants

That 47 inch 'human' femur at the bottom of the page... it isn't. It's a sculpture, based on an anecdote. It's no more a real human femur than this bigfoot sculpture is a stuffed bigfoot.

similarities.jpg

Whenever I see that 47 inch carving in relation to bigfoot, heck in relation to anything, I immediately think:

facepalmdatfakebone.jpg

RayG

Kind of curious. What exactly keeps someone coming back here to the BFF and being interested in SQ? (I tried looking, thought I saw a thread on this one time B4) I have recently thought what a huge waste of time, yet the thing that keeps me coming back to the BFF is...

1. the people. lots of good people on here still.

2. fun, curious topics...after weeding through the crap.

What about SQ in general? What keeps ya curious?

1. the reports and word of mouth reports no one on the web hears about.

2. just the wonder of mystery in general.

As my "belief" keeps fading, it is still the fact that seemingly sane people keep seeing these things.

Feel free to add any personal sightings...even if you've mentioned them a bazzilion times. Like my track sighting.

Back to BFF? The train-wreak threads and absolutely riduculous things postulated here...

In the field researching? Having seen one.

And THAT has made all the difference in weeding out the crap from the crazy.

Guest HairyGreek

That 47 inch 'human' femur at the bottom of the page... it isn't. It's a sculpture, based on an anecdote. It's no more a real human femur than this bigfoot sculpture is a stuffed bigfoot.

Why bother repeating exactly what is said in the sidebar next to the picture? I don't understand...

SSR Team

As my "belief" keeps fading, it is still the fact that seemingly sane people keep seeing these things.

You know what COGrizz, every single time i have EVER logged onto this Forum, i expect it to be a done deal, i expect a Thread that has been only active for 3 hours with 100 plus pages already after someone has bagged undisputable ( & i mean undisputible ;) ) Footage or a Truck has hit one or a Hunter has hit one or something along those lines..

I think i might need that to confirm my sanity so please don't include me in the part that i quoted of yours.. :D

Only joking, this subject will be wrapped up soon, not long now, & you CAN quote me on that.. :thumbsup:

Guest INorthCarolinaNow

Before withdrawing quite a bit from "Bigfootdom", I started a similar thread on the old forum, but it was more about losing my belief and less about what keeps me coming back. I must agree with you, COGrizzly, on the following points:

1. the people. lots of good people on here still.

2. fun, curious topics...after weeding through the crap.

What about SQ in general? What keeps ya curious?

1. the reports and word of mouth reports no one on the web hears about.

2. just the wonder of mystery in general.

I do miss BitterMonk's one-liners, and the back-and-forths that Saskeptic and Hunster had, but I see some people here still whose posts I have fond memories of reading. Are BM and Hunster still active? I know Sas posts occasionally.

I can't say I see a lot that interests me here lately...and that's not a slam to the current members or admin. It's more of an acknowledgement that most pertinent topics (in my mind) were rehashed to my satisfaction on the old board. Maybe with time I'll like what's happening on the new BFF more. I do find it strange to be less in the middle and more on the skeptical side on this board...and I don't know how much I feel like pointing out the increased (again, in my mind) unfounded claims being made.

There is far less arguing here, but I'm not sure I consider that a positive. Sure, a lot less threads get derailed or degenerate into personal attacks, but far less understanding is reached as well. The admin. seems to do a good job, just as they did before...

At any rate, I'm sure I'll continue visiting, hoping to see that one thread describing a definitive discovery as someone else described above.

RRS's "positive thoughts" thread is a good reason to visit occasionally. If you ever want to "cut up" on drinking, Tim, let me know. Methinks you're good people's.

Guest RedRatSnake

Hi

Thanks man that was nice ~ :thumbsup: I will agree this BFF is a bit different than the old one but i am starting to follow it a little better and like the old one there is some good folks here ( except for Bipedalist he is still a bit stuffy ) the fact that it is a Bigfoot forum and there seems to be a lack of Bigfoots around kinda puts a damper on things ~ :blob: but were still kinda upbeat on the whole thing so why not keep charging ahead with what we got now and go with the flow in the hope that changes very soon

Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.

Tim :)

Kind of curious. What exactly keeps someone coming back here to the BFF and being interested in SQ?

You. I'm interested in you. Just kidding, but sorta not.

There are probably three or four people I like here and I like to drop in from time to time to see their posts. Other than that...if there is a bigfoot, it isn't here. It's out there. It's not sitting behind a computer. I've seen things I can't explain, but never here, being a monitor. So, I come here to see you, not for bigfoot anymore.

Edited by Ace

Mostly, I think, it's the cognitive dissonance. I know they are there, I see them in my pictures. Some people can see them in pictures, trust me, but others don't. Maybe they can learn, not sure. But there are also other things in the pictures, weird stuff, and all in all, it freaks me out. Don't much like the feeling that I see what others don't. I am trying to reconcile it all, somehow. Figure it out. How can this be? Maybe someday I will just swear off the topic and try not to think about it.

I think my Bigfoot addiction started with pgf. I saw that film years ago and it grabbed my interest in the subject. And now I can't understand why sightings continue to be reported if this thing was faked. Not dozens of reports, but thousands. How does that happen? I suppose I come here to BFF looking for a definitive answer. I joined BFF after the Sierra story revved up and became lively. I am a "closet bigfooter" I guess. My wife doesn't know I am a member here. My friends and kids don't know anything about my interest in the big guy other than knowing I watched monsterquest weekly when it was on. I guess I don't want to be called looney if these recent events turn out to be bull. I have never seen the creature nor do I personally know anyone who claims to have spotted it. Here in Indiana where I am, it is flat and about 90% cornfields. Some woods near the river, but nothing large enough to keep a Bigfoot hidden. So I guess I am an armchair bigfooter, relying on stuff here and tv and other Bigfoot sites to fuel my mind.

Mostly, I think, it's the cognitive dissonance. I know they are there, I see them in my pictures. Some people can see them in pictures, trust me, but others don't. Maybe they can learn, not sure. But there are also other things in the pictures, weird stuff, and all in all, it freaks me out. Don't much like the feeling that I see what others don't. I am trying to reconcile it all, somehow. Figure it out. How can this be? Maybe someday I will just swear off the topic and try not to think about it.

I think you are going to be fine. When you start thinking that it is everyone else that has something wrong with their eyes, then you can start worrying. :)

• masterbarber locked this topic