Pic of Cast showing Four Toes; from West VA.

OkieFoot

This is for all the West Virginia people on here.

Just for me, I haven't seen much at all in the way of tracks/casts out of WVA, which I'm guessing is likely due to the mountainous/hilly terrain the state is known for. 

It's interesting this is not a very old report; everything happened in Sept.-2016.

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=55583

I'm sure this report was on here several years ago but due to a pic of a rare four toed cast, I thought I'd give it some new life. Tracks and/or casts with four toes seem to be even less common than ones with three toes.

There are several pics of other casts in the report. As you'll see, the four toed cast is the second cast shown; it appears to be about 13 & 1/2 inches long, and shows to be 5 in. wide at the base of the toes in the third pic. The other cast is rather interesting with it's longer toes; longer than we normally see. And notice in the first pic the witness is holding a cast of a 19 & 1/2 inch track.  

Per the location details, the tracks were found on a farm just off the highway, two miles from Glady, WVA. My thinking is it's north of Glady.

• Upvote 1

@OkieFoot or Anyone else

I am not so much looking at the print as I am looking at the photo of the creature. It has a sort of reddish hair to it as well as a large head with small ears. Not sure if that make much sense, that a creature that is large would have small ears. But one thing is sure, it does not seem to use its ears like it would with its large eyes. Also, a large nose would make it a real good smeller in the woods. 

The other thing about the creature, it looks as though it is heading towards pines. I mean it is winter and there is snow on the ground. Best place to shelter at least for when I have been out in the woods has always been in the pines. Too bad that he did not take pictures of the prints after his photo of his sighting. That would have been great! He seemed to be comfortable around this thing. Anyway, it is still a good report. Pictures, and having a person on the scene does help with the report. Nice find!

19 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing  but can't see the pics. 

P-G, I'm not sure why you can't see the pics since they show up when I open the link, and they've shown up for others. My guess is for you it may be related to what method or program the witness used when took the pics and then sent them on to the BFRO Investigator. 

I tried to save a pic of the four toed cast and I was unable to save it in Chrome. Firefox would save it but it was a smaller pic.

Here are a couple of screenprints for you of the four toed cast and one of the 19 & 1/2 in. cast.

273891399_Screenshot(197).thumb.png.78cd30addc297153a08358ebe0356827.png

105306734_Screenshot(198).thumb.png.6904d8a3b8142c0da4aa7157f3224a70.png1178508182_Screenshot(196).thumb.png.afef0bb0d2ce655f8a43a809fba69406.png

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

@OkieFoot or Anyone else

I am not so much looking at the print as I am looking at the photo of the creature. It has a sort of reddish hair to it as well as a large head with small ears. Not sure if that make much sense, that a creature that is large would have small ears. But one thing is sure, it does not seem to use its ears like it would with its large eyes. Also, a large nose would make it a real good smeller in the woods. 

The other thing about the creature, it looks as though it is heading towards pines. I mean it is winter and there is snow on the ground. Best place to shelter at least for when I have been out in the woods has always been in the pines. Too bad that he did not take pictures of the prints after his photo of his sighting. That would have been great! He seemed to be comfortable around this thing. Anyway, it is still a good report. Pictures, and having a person on the scene does help with the report. Nice find!

ShadowBorn, I had actually found that same pic about a year ago on the internet, but unfortunately I didn't save it. It was just a pic of a reddish brown Bigfoot like figure on the internet with no background info at all. That pic was larger and you could see the face a little better. You could see the eyes better than in this pic in the report and they looked like two round black spots. I don't think they were far apart as some have reported. I can't recall anything about the nose and mouth, but they probably showed up better than in this pic.

Since I knew nothing about the pic, I was very surprised when I saw that same picture in this report and was able to learn the background behind it.

If I can find that larger pic, I'll post it in this thread. 

That would be great OkieFoot! At night I would bet that its eye's would glow very large like golf balls. Since they are very dark or black. But if you find that photo, please post it.

@OkieFootI'll tag you over in our WV thread so you can see some other track casts here in WV. I'm also familiar with these casts pictured, Daniel "Boone", and the photo of a bigfoot. The photo is as interesting as it is undescriptive.  I've analyzed the tracks in person at the WV Bigfoot museum, a couple of them are interesting. I'll leave it at that so as not to start throwing stones in a glass house.

Skinwalker, thanks, I'll have to take a look at some of the other WVA casts. 

From what I read it seemed like Daniel "Boone" is rather well known in Bigfoot circles in WVA. 

I wish he would have given some background about the four toed cast, since they are so seldom found.

ShadowBorn, here is a larger pic of the reddish haired figure. After seeing the face a little better, I think the the eyes do appear to be a little farther apart than I had originally thought. 

The nose looks to be obscured by a couple of twigs. I'm not sure if that could be the mouth we see or not. It may just be a darker shaded area between two twigs on the shrub in front.

Something else is the head/neck seems like it's sitting on the shoulder. Unless longer hair is making it look that way.

1134945659_Screenshot(202).thumb.png.6e27996bc3e974fbcec26115d4eba3d0.png

I think the twigs and leaves are creating pareidolia.  I think we're looking at the back of the head as the creature is moving away.  Since we can see shoulder slope on the left, I don't think it's a bear.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustCurious said:

I think the twigs and leaves are creating pareidolia.  I think we're looking at the back of the head as the creature is moving away.  Since we can see shoulder slope on the left, I don't think it's a bear.

Agreed on the back side part.  This appears to me also to be the back of the head and left shoulder.  

• gigantor featured this topic
6 hours ago, JustCurious said:

From what it mentions in the update, that is a very good possibility. The investigator does say the witness took the pic as the creature was walking away from him, so that does make sense.

As Twist mentions, we would be looking at the back of the head and the back of left shoulder.

From what we can see, I can't see any kind of conical shape to the head.

And as I mentioned earlier, it doesn't appear to have a neck. 

On 10/31/2022 at 9:21 AM, OkieFoot said:

P-G, I'm not sure why you can't see the pics since they show up when I open the link, and they've shown up for others. My guess is for you it may be related to what method or program the witness used when took the pics and then sent them on to the BFRO Investigator. 

I tried to save a pic of the four toed cast and I was unable to save it in Chrome. Firefox would save it but it was a smaller pic.

Here are a couple of screenprints for you of the four toed cast and one of the 19 & 1/2 in. cast.

273891399_Screenshot(197).thumb.png.78cd30addc297153a08358ebe0356827.png

105306734_Screenshot(198).thumb.png.6904d8a3b8142c0da4aa7157f3224a70.png1178508182_Screenshot(196).thumb.png.afef0bb0d2ce655f8a43a809fba69406.png

Thank you very much. 

Thanks Okiefoot!

13 hours ago, Twist said:

Agreed on the back side part.  This appears to me also to be the back of the head and left shoulder.  

Twist, when you look at this picture at a distance. You get that which appears the creature is walking away from you. But then, when I look at the picture and zoom in on the creature in the picture. It looks like it is looking right you, I can see the two nostrils and how they are sitting on the face. Big nostrils and sitting kind of pig like. The eyes look slanted and black. With the brows neanderthal looking. But this is what I am seeing when I zoom in on the creature's head. Either way the neck is big, and it does look like it can put some hurt on you.