Why Does Bigfoot Eat Only The Liver From The Deer

Guest para ape

I think they can stay submerged for much longer than we can, and ambush deer just as a gator does.

B) Right you are, 'Jodie'. Per Jeff Meldrum in his book, Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science, 2006, p.200:

"Many primates have inflatable air sacks.... Apes have a type of air sack that is referred to as a lateral ventricular.... The complex air sacks of the orang can hold up to six litres of air....humans have virtually lost them altogether."

Imagine a large creature like Sassy, with an already huge lung capacity, compared to little Pinky, and an additional lateral ventricular sack capable of doubling (or more) his already enormous lung capacity. Now think about BF swimming and hunting under water; or holding its breath under water for very long periods of time to avoid detection by Pinky, whenever necessary. The ultimate aquatic vanishing act!

Think of the possibilities. That's a talent I wish I had!

- Dudlow

By me:

Wow. 10 bonus points for the creative use of a sentence fragment with misspelling and an interrogative sans context as a complete post.

My apologies to texansquatchhunter13. That's what I get for reading the thread backwards! Somehow I totally missed Sasfooty's post that you were responding to:

OKaaaaaaaay!!! Finally, somebody with proof it isn't a ghost!

So, when do we get to see it?

Without seeing that post, yours seemed like a bizarre non-sequitur. Sorry!

I also see by your profile that the 13 in your screen name refers to your age. It's good to see a young man taking a serious look at the sasquatch phenomenon. Good luck, and try to keep an open mind on the subject, but not enough to let your brain slip out!

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

You can't bake what's already fried to a crisp.

Btw para I didn't really mean that I was just razzing you. I apologize if it offended you. ;)

And a question for everyone....How would they go about getting to the insides? Could they rip them open with brute strength, or would they snap a leg, and use it like a knife? Without sharp claws, and teeth, it seems like it could be a difficult task.

I don't believe it would be that difficult for them. Haven't there been Indian legends or sightings of bf being seen using sharp rocks to cut apart their kills? I saw that somewhere one time but I don't remember where.

It sounds like Bigfoot might be an expert noodler! :P

That is why I recently posted a thread about bf catching catfish. To date I don't know of one report where bf was seen with one although it has been seen with other fish.

"Many primates have inflatable air sacks.... Apes have a type of air sack that is referred to as a lateral ventricular.... The complex air sacks of the orang can hold up to six litres of air....humans have virtually lost them altogether."

Now think about BF swimming and hunting under water; or holding its breath under water for very long periods of time to avoid detection by Pinky, whenever necessary. The ultimate aquatic vanishing act!

Fascinating. That would explain why people have seen bf dive underwater never to be seen coming up for air. That would make more sense than them hiding in underwater caves as has been speculated by some.

I can't say that I'm familiar with any eye witness reports of bigfoot being seen eating deer liver but I can say that I recall reports of reputted bigfoot deer and calf kills in which the liver was the only, or one of the few, organs harvested. The kills were attributed to bigfoot due to the kind of trama evident on the prey (broken neck and back legs / absence of claw scratches and incisor punctures) along with confirmation of other bigfoot sign/sightings in that area. I suspect that, as previously mentioned here, bigfoot enter the abdomen very easily via direct fingertip pressure due to their strong long finger nails or via a pulling tear. Given their massive upper body strength it would be no problem for them to quickly access a body cavity. I've had eye witnesses describe the extreme thickness of Squatch fingernails in comparison to the human variant. Some witnesses claim the bigfoot had "claws" due to the length and sharpness of the fingernails.

As for why the liver? Nutrient desity tops the list of whys, followed by its easy access/removal and probably taste figures into the explanation at some point. I think competition would also be a reason in conjuction with the foregoing. Like any predator, bigfoot will consume the most nutrient and readily accessible organ it can first lest the prey be lost into the hands of other predators/scavengers/bigfeet.

I like the fact that coyotes were mentioned in this thread because I believe there is some sort of symbiotic type relationship there. I'm guessing that the coyotes eventually will receive the scraps from the proverbial table at some point. Within the bigfoot economy of things, the coyotes serve as the cleaners, distractors and entertainment to name a few functions off hand. The coyote topic reminds me of one report related to me of a bigfoot deer kill. Witness was experiencing a lot of squatch activity and one night, while my good friend was investigating on the property, the witnesses' dog ran off chasing after the squatch. Once it caught up to him, there was an arguement of sorts with growls, barking and roars, then finally silence. Soon the dog came trotting back home with the bottom most section of a fresh deer leg proudly in its mouth.

Edited by mosas

Liver contains 162% of the daily value of riboflavin, which, as we've learned from Little Pete of the Adventures of Pete and Pete, is the vitamin of superheroes. I think it's clear that this is the source of bigfoot's paranormal powers.

A gruesome account surfaced of two bigfoots that were feasting on an elk or moose that some hunter near Michigan shot. He watched from a distance as the BFs tore open the body cavity then consumed some organs. Then they cupped their hands and were drinking the blood left in the cavity. Needless to say, the hunter slinked off into the woods never to return to the area again.

Any carnivore that eats a fresh kill will make a bloody mess of things and BFs are no different. It could be that some BFs are such good hunters that they capture, kill, and eat livers as a delicious snack. The good hunters have plenty of food and the liver is a delicacy. It is hard to think of the gentile BF portrayed in some reports as the scary forest killer. I hope they are like Killer Whales that don't seem to target humans for snacks.

Guest HairyGreek

The OP should win some kind of "cart before the horse" prize. How in the Sam Hill has it been established that bigfoots only eat the livers of the deer they kill?

This.

OK, para...let's start small. Can you provide an example of a poltergeist or spirit cutting into or dissecting anything? I have heard of things being opened/closed, moved, hidden, etc. by spiritual/ethereal beings which is what you claim Sasquatch is. Killed and ripped open and then eaten though? To what purpose regardless? Do you have any sort of a witness to this even? Does this discussion need to go further without it?

Maybe the para-squatch saw "Red Dawn" too many times...

Edited by HairyGreek

A gruesome account surfaced of two bigfoots that were feasting on an elk or moose that some hunter near Michigan shot. He watched from a distance as the BFs tore open the body cavity then consumed some organs. Then they cupped their hands and were drinking the blood left in the cavity. Needless to say, the hunter slinked off into the woods never to return to the area again.

Any carnivore that eats a fresh kill will make a bloody mess of things and BFs are no different. It could be that some BFs are such good hunters that they capture, kill, and eat livers as a delicious snack. The good hunters have plenty of food and the liver is a delicacy. It is hard to think of the gentile BF portrayed in some reports as the scary forest killer. I hope they are like Killer Whales that don't seem to target humans for snacks.

That's a really interesting account, thanks for that George.

On their first weekend in their new house, the Daughter of the owners of the property I have access to, took a break from painting and went for a walk in the new back yard (a few acres of thick Australian bush, it's the beginning of a small, but extremely steep valley that has a spring that feeds the creek running through it) She quickly went back to the house and mentioned that she found a small animals head with it's intestines in a pile beside it, but no blood anywhere to be seen apart from one small drop (turned out to be a sugar glider BTW). He took a couple of photo's of it with a crappy cellphone camera, but I wont post them here, I don't want to hijack the thread.

Next time I twist the top of nice cold beer, I'll toast that poor little thing. However I wont be eating the bottle and the sign of any guts will only happen if I have too many.

Cheers,

Kraig

That's a really interesting account, thanks for that George.

On their first weekend in their new house, the Daughter of the owners of the property I have access to, took a break from painting and went for a walk in the new back yard (a few acres of thick Australian bush, it's the beginning of a small, but extremely steep valley that has a spring that feeds the creek running through it) She quickly went back to the house and mentioned that she found a small animals head with it's intestines in a pile beside it, but no blood anywhere to be seen apart from one small drop (turned out to be a sugar glider BTW). He took a couple of photo's of it with a crappy cellphone camera, but I wont post them here, I don't want to hijack the thread.

Next time I twist the top of nice cold beer, I'll toast that poor little thing. However I wont be eating the bottle and the sign of any guts will only happen if I have too many.

Cheers,

Kraig

Could this have been left by a Yowie or did some coyote eat it and left the parts it didn't care for?

The way the intestines were in a neat pile with the intestine wall still intact, no tearing, was the oddest part. The closest thing we have to Coyote's in Aus would probably be the Dingo, but they're not in this part of the country. With my experiences on the property along with the families, I'd lean heavily towards it being done by a Yowie.

Yakcam,

Not saying I know what did that, but my parent's cat does the exact same thing to the chipmunks and flying squirrels that she catches. It's a bizarre thing to find, but she's left tens, if not hundreds of them on the patio for us to see over the years.

That's interesting Bonehead (love the avatar BTW, Jaws is one of my favourite movies) If you get a chance, would you be able to take a pic the next time she does it? I'd love to be able to compare the two and show it to the owners.