Bigfoot Doesn't Exist?

hiflier

Couldn't resist this: https://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-parks-officials-release-curious-082822084.html

“Bigfoot is not real,” Wesley Robinson, press secretary for the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, told PennLive

Anyone think we should have been told this years ago? I've never heard of the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society, any other Pennsylvania Bigfoot group, individual researcher, the BFRO or any of their Pennsylvania field investigators ever say they have interviewed or talked to any Pennsylvania state park ranger or official to get the word on the creature's existence or non-existence. Have you?

Nor have I ever heard of any similar Bigfoot research entities in any other state do that either.  I find that disturbing and have to ask why not? Why don't we hear more about BF researchers contacting F&W or park officials, state or federal, and sitting down to have a serious man to man discussion on the matter? Any meetings set up by anyone at an agency anywhere that anyone has heard of? I saw one letter once from New York state official that said the same thing: They don't exist.

I guess 2 out of 49 is acceptable to he hundreds if not thousands of Bigfoot researchers and various other research groups? Doesn't anyone care about this? Because I think statements like these coming from active officials should concern us a great deal and not simply be brushed aside. Instead we should take these statements to our local officials in parks and wildlife and ask what gives. Ask if they go along with what these officials are saying about the creature not existing. I mean 60 years with no proof? Little if anything on ANYONE'S trail cam? Recorded audio but no one sees what's making the sound? Footprints but no one sees what's doing it? Tree knocks but no one has witnessed anything doing the knocking? In 60 YEARS. IDK, maybe those officials are right. Wouldn't hurt to go ask 'em.

Okay, promise, I'm gone now.

BigFoot Letter.JPG

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

🤷‍♂️

I posted up the Smithsonian letter what? 8 years ago? The link is broken now.

There is only ONE way to make these people eat crow Hiflier…. and it’s not asking the same question over and over and over again expecting a different answer! I’m very confused about your shock with observing these answers from officials. 

Take solace that they used to tell us UFO’s were swamp gas and our imagination…. No one takes these explanations seriously anymore.

• Upvote 3

Don't anyone worry, I'll handle it. Because apparently no one gets anything I've ever been about. Because I'm not expecting a different answer. I'm expecting, and would be happy with, AN answer. That's all. Who wouldn't be? But it has to come from agency officials. YES or NO. Nothing in between or ambiguous. Hard answer: YES or NO. It's real or it isn't. I mean how can anyone expect a DIFFERENT answer when there hasn't been an answer forthcoming in the first place. So far? Two states. Although a follow up to New York letter would be good to see if they back it. THEN? Why, then there will only be 46 of the lower 48 to go, and I'm going to contact every one of them. Huntster can handle Alaska's F&W. Unless he doesn't want to, in which case I'll tackle them, too.

Do I want help? Nope. Do I need help? Nope.

And the reason is I'm tired of circular dialogues here and elsewhere, the same old discussions that go nowhere, old threads that get dredged up, carrots dangling everywhere that lead to nothing, books that go nowhere, conferences that go nowhere, podcasts that go nowhere, and all the rest. And the people that the BF community look up to for- what exactly?? I've hit a wall many times over the years here, but this is is by far the biggest. Benn gone more than a few months from here to hash this out. And I'll probably be gone more than a few while following through with things. Here's to the truth, may it serve us well.

20 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Oh, heck. Stick around. Pull up a chair.

Save one for me will ya, Inc1?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Don't anyone worry, I'll handle it. Because apparently no one gets anything I've ever been about. Because I'm not expecting a different answer. I'm expecting, and would be happy with, AN answer. That's all. Who wouldn't be? But it has to come from agency officials. YES or NO. Nothing in between or ambiguous. Hard answer: YES or NO. It's real or it isn't. I mean how can anyone expect a DIFFERENT answer when there hasn't been an answer forthcoming in the first place. So far? Two states. Although a follow up to New York letter would be good to see if they back it. THEN? Why, then there will only be 46 of the lower 48 to go, and I'm going to contact every one of them. Huntster can handle Alaska's F&W. Unless he doesn't want to, in which case I'll tackle them, too.

Do I want help? Nope. Do I need help? Nope.

And the reason is I'm tired of circular dialogues here and elsewhere, the same old discussions that go nowhere, old threads that get dredged up, carrots dangling everywhere that lead to nothing, books that go nowhere, conferences that go nowhere, podcasts that go nowhere, and all the rest. And the people that the BF community look up to for- what exactly?? I've hit a wall many times over the years here, but this is is by far the biggest. Benn gone more than a few months from here to hash this out. And I'll probably be gone more than a few while following through with things. Here's to the truth, may it serve us well.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and foretell the answer of the 47 other state wildlife commissions…. I will even throw in all of the Federal agencies as well.

The answer will be NO. It was NO when the PGF was filmed. And it’s a NO now. It’s all a giant hoax.

059A2DBD-E22C-435C-9BCE-F37E0B5BA85D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and foretell the answer of the 47 other state wildlife commissions…. I will even throw in all of the Federal agencies as well.

The answer will be NO. It was NO when the PGF was filmed. And it’s a NO now. It’s all a giant hoax.

059A2DBD-E22C-435C-9BCE-F37E0B5BA85D.jpeg

Good, then you shouldn't mind that I've chosen to get that answer in writing for myself from across the board then.

18 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Good, then you shouldn't mind that I've chosen to get that answer in writing for myself from across the board then.

I don’t mind, but I am confused. So if every agency comes back and says NO as I predict? Does that mean you accept their answer as fact? You said maybe those officials are right. So that’s why I ask for clarification.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Pretty much laid it out in the above quote.

As far as accepting an official stance goes?

"So if every agency comes back and says NO as I predict? Does that mean you accept their answer as fact?"

You only gave me a "What If" at best. So many discussions on this Forum have that as a large part of how people approach this Bigfoot subject. Talk about it like its existence has already been proved. In other words without a "what if" folks wouldn't have a whole lot to say here. There is no proof, Norseman. Period. And there's no "What if there's no proof?" about it is there. I have come to understand that in order for all these officials to lie then there has to be PROOF that they are lying. I've bashed them all pretty good over the years but it was all based on the ASSUMPTION that the Sasquatch was real. I've been trying to prove that, and I'm still trying. And better people than me have come before me, some still here, trying to do that very thing, as well. Failure at every turn- doesn't matter if they're PhD's or not.

And just thinking a certain way won't make any of it true. It's been 55 years since the PGF- 9.5 of those years being mine, and others have way more time than that invested. Like Peter Byrne for instance and all those who have since passed away. I have my reasons for thinking the creature is out there. But more and more It seems that my reasoning may be flawed. I'll still do my winter program, but, during the time between now and springtime, I'm also going to go after the gatekeepers and try to get a widely held official position. Anyone else gonna do that? Truly doubt it. But after all these years? I think it needs doing.

Edited by hiflier

That's a bold strategy. You claim everyone is wasting their time, yet you're using your time to search for Bigfoot in the US Government...

I really hope you can see the irony here.

• Haha 1

Not US government...state. I didn't say people are wasting their time, I essentially said no proof has come of it. Today's onslaught of officials' surveillance capabilities are far beyond ours is every respect. Large camera trap programs, environmental sampling everywhere to monitor animals and invasive species, border patrol surveillance technologies that make our thermals seem like little more than toys. Ground vibration sensors, satellite migration monitoring of radio collars, and a myriad other programs and techniques that include university studies and lots of boots on the ground via forestry service as well as game warden fish and wildlife personnel.

All of those resources create a net no Bigfoot group could ever hope to match. Logic, therefore, says that if anyone knows the truth regarding Sasquatch existence it would reside within those statewide resources. But Bigfoot researchers don't go there and instead beat themselves up for the last 60 odd years?  That makes less and less sense everyday considering all of the things people say about what constitutes proof and what doesn't. All I've seen is the stuff that doesn't, but folks still chase after the stuff that doesn't and then stroke each other's back and tell each other what a great job they're doing.

But nearly everything stays focused on the creature and basically ignores, or otherwise refuses, to confront the enormous potential at the state level. I have spoken to two officials in my state. One is Bureau of Parks and Lands who said "there ain't none" and the other, a state biologist, said "we're not sure they don't exist (scientific null hypothesis)." But, for what it's worth, I at least got two direct answers. Ten years in the field? Not so much. It doesn't take a PhD to realize to know where the truth lies.

7 minutes ago, Twist said:

image.jpeg.f421535dd28640a2f5813d4c7d5dff43.jpeg

That's just MEAN, Twist. There's no other word for it. But this is typical when it comes to this place. I don't need crap like this and no one else does either. Outa here.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

I meant it to be more funny than mean hiflier.  That being said, you return to the forum with the same browbeating mantra you left on.   Sorry to say but you have earned a certain reputation on here for a reason.   

If it’s found by the mods to be mean and not funny then they will delete it and I’ll take my punishment like a manape 🤷🏻

• Haha 1

^^

I  thought it was funny as intended. 

I can understand why he may not. 

It has to be frustrating to be so passionate about the documentation of a creature that probably doesn't exist. 

16 hours ago, hiflier said:

As far as I am concern the forest service did give you an answer. That this creature does not exist. But that is them, that is them saying that they do not exist. As far as the forum going in a circular pattern, I agree. No one has actually placed themselves on the line and gone out to actually shoot one. You are placing your trust in the wrong people. Off course they are going to say that it does not exist. What do would you expect from officials. Saying that they exist would change the way we live. So, this is normal S.O.P. to deny. So, I am not buying what the State Forest service has to say.  You can throw a body on their doorsteps, and they will still deny that they do not exist. That just how it is. Learn to live with that expectation. You will be much healthier. Less stress and no worries. Stop dealing with them since you are just going to get the same answer no matter the outcome.