kitakaze

The Self Contradictions Of Bob Gimlin

adam2323

Horse ownership and when and who they got them from really doesnt matter does it? the figue dipicted in the film is a living breathing unidentified aniaml. To this day they still cannot duplicate it; with out a six hur makeup job with all the great new materials they have at their desposal today. In 1967 two cowboys with the materials of the day nota a chance. Every attempt to duplicate Patty has been laughbly idotic. JMO

gershake

So instead of addressing the contradictions of Bob H this is the avenue kit decides to take....very interesting.

Seems completely legit to me. :|

• Upvote 1

kitakaze

I of course agree, Gersh. And I address both. PGF believers are quite delighted to discuss contradictions they think are made by Bob Heironimus and how they are indications of deception, but when it comes to examining the major contradictions made by Patterson and Gimlin, it's somehow unfair and disingenuous to do so.

kitakaze

Horse ownership and when and who they got them from really doesnt matter does it?

It really does, particularly when Gimlin knows the horse that he's giving all the totally disparate stories about was the horse of the only man ever to make a serious claim of being the one in the suit.

To this day they still cannot duplicate it; with out a six hur makeup job with all the great new materials they have at their desposal today.

Only three people have ever cared enough to try.

Every attempt to duplicate Patty has been laughbly idotic. JMO

I disagree. Can you please elaborate on why this is laughably idiotic?

Bigdfoot3.jpg

Kitakaze, I've seen you, and I think only you post pictures of that suit, so I have to ask, do you have any video of it in motion? I wasn't following the whole sasquatch thing at the time that recreation was attempted, so know nothing about it and am very interested for my own reasons. Or maybe a link to someplace that chronicles that attempt (materials, methods, video, etc)?

kitakaze

Kidwolf, most of it was chronicled on the old BFF, but there are still bits of video around that I can look for and post when I find them. Jeff Pruitt allowed Bigfootery to see his work in progress, which I think is entirely a mistake. We had nothing like that for the PGF and neither should we have ot for a recreation. The very first thing shown should be the completed one minute recreation film.

kitakaze

kitakaze,

You make me laugh at times, you are willing to take Bob G's words on some things, an on others, not a chance. I recall a bit back, you were talking' that a great many agreed with you on some silly thin', you went so far as to say we are many, an even used the word Legion, an recently, I recall you saying' when questioned, you're just one, not Legion. I have seen/read/ heard so many mistakes from you kitakaze, regarding' others an their opinions, as to hold little regard for your observations an opinions.

The "we are legion" post was referring to people who consider the PGF to be a hoax. The "I am not legion" post was referring to people who defend Bob Heironimus and things like the glass eye claim on the BFF. These things are not the same...

Actually, no. There's a whole lot of them. They congregate every week at the Bigfoot Live show. They are from one Bigfoot clique and you from another. They regard the PGF as fake and Marx's film as real. It's a world flipped upside down for you, but it's Bigfootery no less.

It's completely social and has nothing to do with empirical proof of something. If Green, Dahinden, etc found people like Harvey Anderson back in the late 60's and declared Patterson a hoaxer, we wouldn't be having this conversation. They didn't because they were guzzling Bigfoot kool-aid left and right, like the absurd BCM tracks.

Your guys like Patty. Java Bob's guys like Marx's Bigfoot. More of your guys? Doesn't that feel special? Let me introduce you to my guys who think both of those things are nonsense. We are legion. Don't want to play numbers anymore?

The same hoax-believers ask us to swallow the idea that the same Roger Patterson took the trouble to stick a glass eye on the mask in case any discerning viewer noticed, in a small figure retreating into the trees, that its eyes were not natural looking because they were recessed behind the mask.

This is just fantastical .

Fister

First of all, I am not legion. I am one. There are plenty of skeptics of the PGF that are skeptical of Bob Heironimus, as well. Also, I am not asking you to believe anything, but rather stating what I can see. I don't expect any acceptance from you at all. Regardless, it remains that here much of Patty's arm can be seen hanging loose...

Copy8FR352WalkAG7.gif

What is hanging loose there can only be a loose suit or loose tissue because where the arm joins the torso, that it is not long hair. Again, I allege Patterson was talented, but not a genius. Also, Heironimus says that as a co-conspirator in the hoax, the glass eye was his idea, not Patterson's. By the testimony of Harvey Anderson, Patterson from the beginning had practiced in the use of distance and light and shadow, as well as abandoning the use of a tripod. The loose arms may have looked no more ridiculous to Patterson than the diaper butt or the hairy breasts.

Your thinking that those posts are contradictory are a good example of a PGF believer seeing contradiction where none exists.

roguefooter

I disagree. Can you please elaborate on why this is laughably idiotic?

Bigdfoot3.jpg

Well I'd say once you throw that out in the bright sunlight it'll probably look like a half naked sasquatch.

kitakaze

If by which you mean that Jeff's suit would appear patchy, if refer you to the thread "Patchwork Patty? What's with the patchy looking fur?"...

Jeff did an excellent job at matching Patty's appearance and texture. Here is a close-up of the face in direct sunlight...

776647e93c0b46d13.jpg

Here is the arm in direct sunlight...

776647e872eea72f1.jpg

Note how the actual location of Jeff's elbow is disguised by the suit arm.

roguefooter

If by which you mean that Jeff's suit would appear patchy, if refer you to the thread "Patchwork Patty? What's with the patchy looking fur?"...

I know why the suit is like that, but like I said in the Patchwork Patty thread I don't believe it was patchy- it's just shades of light on the fur.

This suit in the sunlight would make the patchiness obvious from all angles. I'd imagine it would probably show the outline of the rubber suit through the thin fur with any source of light from behind. Do you have any outdoor pics of the suit larger than a postage stamp? Moving footage?

Edited by roguefooter

kitakaze

The postage stamps where you live must be honkin'. Forbig just posted this in the PGF poll thread, but here you go...

That's a really great video. Jeff did a really good job even though he was never able to complete his project.

roguefooter

The postage stamps where you live must be honkin'.

The pic you posted of his arm is only like 1.5" wide, not that much bigger than a stamp.

776647e872eea72f1.jpg

kitakaze

Sure, but this was much bigger than a postage stamp...

Jeff did an excellent job at matching Patty's appearance and texture. Here is a close-up of the face in direct sunlight...

776647e93c0b46d13.jpg

So you already had your answer when you asked...

Do you have any outdoor pics of the suit larger than a postage stamp?

And now you have your video. Jeff put a lot of work into his recreation project. It's a shame he was never able to complete it.

xspider1
BFF Donor

Yep! DFoot probably spent countless hours on his suit and it looks about 1% like Patty. His work demonstrates how difficult it would be to actually make a complete suit that resembles the Creature seen in the PGf but, who knows since that does not seem possible. To me, this image alone would be reason enough to stop trying:

Bigdfoot3.jpg

roguefooter

Sure, but this was much bigger than a postage stamp...

So you already had your answer when you asked...

And now you have your video. Jeff put a lot of work into his recreation project. It's a shame he was never able to complete it.

Well I suppose a 2-1/2" picture of the face is technically bigger than a postage stamp..

A video with about a 2-second clip of the head and shoulders would also technically be moving footage..

:rolleyes:

Well then I'd have to conclude that it looks very little like anything we see in the Patterson film. The really thin hair in direct sunlight would most likely appear too sparse and show the rubber suit underneath.

I guess it could pass for the mangy Jacob's bear.

Edited by roguefooter