Jump to content
kitakaze

The Self Contradictions Of Bob Gimlin

Recommended Posts

PBeaton
2 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

Bob had a guy he knew who wanted to pick up some building materials and wanted to use Bob's truck to haul them. Bob not wanting to turn his truck loose for anyone to use - said to the guy that he'd feel better driving his own truck and would just help the man get his building materials. Bob was held for several days and released on bail. During the investigation leading up to trial - it was found that Bob was not aware that the man didn't have permission to take the materials, thus the charges against Bob were dropped. In Bob's mind he believes the latter proved that Bob was not involved in any way with the theft of building supplies. As I recall - the man that asked Bob to store the materials at his place was convicted and this guy had been doing similar crimes elsewhere as well.

Thanks Bigfoothunter. It was pretty lame in my opinion for some tryin' do discredit Gimlin for a "lie" that had nothin' ta do with the PGF in the first place ! Haha !

:drinks: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigfoothunter
2 hours ago, Backdoc said:

So it turns into a nothing burger.  It seems all of these smoking guns tend to.

 

Yes - a  nothing burger!  Much like all of Martin's conspiratorial proposals.    :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin

Did Gimlin lie about his arrest? Yes or No

 

Did he make up a story attempting to hide his involvement? Yes or No?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PBeaton
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, PBeaton said:

No, I don't Martin. I think it understandable most folks would try to hide an embarrassin' or stupid mistake that has nothin' ta do with nothin', he was 31 years ol', received stolen material. It has been asked multiple times, was he arrested for recievin' stolen material(plywood an nails of all things gangsta haha !) or arrested an charged ? If a judge found him unknowin' the material was stolen, he could toss the case, arrest becomes pretty much a mute point. But I'll be honest, it's still about the lie, an he lied, so we know he has lied. You've lied, I've lied, show me someone who claims to have never lied an I'll show ya someone who's lyn'.

 

The question becomes is it relevant ? My opinion, as I've said, it has nothin' ta do with the PGF.

 

Do you believe Gimlin's lie about recievin' stolen plywood an nails, is relevant ? 

I'll ask again...the relevance to the PGF in your opinion ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squatchy McSquatch

The relevance to the pgf?

 

When Greg Long interviewed him about the PGF, Gimlin lied about the plywood arrest.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twist

When dealing with a film as ambiguous as the PGF, yes people are going to bring up the honesty and integrity of the main characters behind it.  If Patty is what they claim, all the lies and arrests in the world won't change that.....but until she can be proven to be real, all things involved should be questioned.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Backdoc
2 hours ago, Martin said:

Did Gimlin lie about his arrest? Yes or No

 

Did he make up a story attempting to hide his involvement? Yes or No?

 

Tell us EXACTTLY why that would matter if he had.

 

 

Was Gimln falsely accused and later found innocent of any involvement of any theft of some plywood by those in authority to determine that at the time?

 

Was he found Guilty or Innocent ( or whatever words  apply? )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PBeaton
51 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

The relevance to the pgf?

 

When Greg Long interviewed him about the PGF, Gimlin lied about the plywood arrest.

Clearly he wasn't bein' asked about the film, he was bein' asked about somethin' that has absolutely nothin' ta do with it.

 

So if I ask you if you lied, an you say yes, then I can safely assume you lie about all things bigfoot because I'm interviewin' you on a Bigfoot Forums an thus similar to Longs interview with Gimlin.

 

2 hours ago, Twist said:

When dealing with a film as ambiguous as the PGF, yes people are going to bring up the honesty and integrity of the main characters behind it.  If Patty is what they claim, all the lies and arrests in the world won't change that.....but until she can be proven to be real, all things involved should be questioned.  

I'm all for questionin' things Twist, but what is the relevance of Gimlin's lie to the PGF ? We know Long has lied at some point, yet folks seem to be believin' him on this...why ?  

 

Like I've said, my opinion, there's no relevance to the PGF other than needin' somethin' to call into question his character, if one is goin' to go down the road a lie makes you guilty, then they have to understand the same rules apply to all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Backdoc
11 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Clearly he wasn't bein' asked about the film, he was bein' asked about somethin' that has absolutely nothin' ta do with it.

 

 

 

Consider the flow of the interview. Obviously we don't have a tape of the interview so we get to have Long's word for it and assume Long is 1) Accurate 2) Completely truthful and 3) Not bending statements based on an agenda.

 

Assume long is 100% accurate for now.  So he is talking to Gimlin about events of the filming. He is talking to Gimlin because Gimlin has complied and allowed Long to talk to him.  Then, suddenly, in the flow of the conversation, he attacks Gimlin.  It is somewhat like talking to someone and they suddenly punch you in the face.  You are confused and not sure how to react. 

 

Gimlin was suddenly and unexpectedly attacked  by Long.  The skeptics would have us think had Gimlin somehow only come clean on this, it would mean Gimlin is a man who can be trusted.  Yet we are told, "It's because he lied about it...blah blah"  Well, Gimlin I can understand knew he was innocent so he may have been unable under the circumstances to explain the whole thing and just didn't want to go there.  So he said, "No it wasn't me"    Effectly that is just another way to say, "look, I was not convinced of this, they had the wrong man, I don't want to go there. You are just trying to attack me for something I didn't even do"  

 

When someone treat you in a way which is discourteous and rude, you do not owe them a return of any kind of kindness.  It may have been a normal reaction from Gimlin or just a way for Gimlin to say, "Umm Mister. We are done here.  Keep it up and I will knock you through that door"

 

I would put this on par with the guy who is pulled over by the cops. He was thought to be a drunk driver but passes the breathalizer test.  Result, they let him go.  Someone later asked if he "ever had been pulled over for Drunk Driving?"  The driver says "No"   Yet the person wont let it go and states, "Hey, I saw you taking the field test when that cop pulled you over.  You are a drunk and a Liar"

 

Show me where Gimlin was convicted.  Show me.   That should even be easier than showing me a successful suit recreation.

Edited by Backdoc
misspelling changed intended meaning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin

It seems relevant that Bob was quick to rip off a tall tale about multi-Bobs to back up his lie.

 

Not just a lie but a thought out story to go with the lie. 

 

The multi-Bob story tells more about Gimlin's character than the actual lie.

 

I sure would like to hear Long's taps and see just how quick he put that out there and how believable he sounded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin

Thanks for that Sq McSq.

 

I had forgotten the exact context of Gimlin's lie.

 

Long told Gimlin he had the case records and Bob still lied.

 

If someone lies enough it becomes second nature.

 

"In fact, I'm a good Christian man and I live a good Christian life."  

 

What a whooper.

20 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Thanks Bigfoothunter. It was pretty lame in my opinion for some tryin' do discredit Gimlin for a "lie" that had nothin' ta do with the PGF in the first place ! Haha !

:drinks: 

 

Too funny.

 

The lie had everything to do with bigfoot.

 

Gimlin lied to a guy writing a bigfoot book in order protect his bigfoot credibility. 

 

This was even after he was told that the interviewer had the case records........  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigfoothunter
1 hour ago, Martin said:

The lie had everything to do with bigfoot.

 

Gimlin lied to a guy writing a bigfoot book in order protect his bigfoot credibility. 

 

This was even after he was told that the interviewer had the case records........  

 

You are talking silly, Martin.

 

What reputation was Gimlin trying to save, Martin?  Let us think this through ..... Gimlin had committed no crime. In the end - his charges were dropped once it had been learned that he had no knowledge that the building materials had not been paid for. It was only because someone recognized the truck that loaded the materials and drove away as being Gimlin's. All Bob did was go with someone he knew who was picking up building materials. So the record shows that Gimlin was not knowingly involved of any theft of building materials and being wrongly accused does not make one guilty of any wrong doing.

 

So when you say Gimlin lied to protect his credibility - it's just more Jibber-Jabber coming from you. And you could be seen as knowingly telling a false hood. Then again ... maybe you didn't see it that way and were being honest in your statement. Gimlin was questioned and being held as the investigation was being conducted - until his family got him bailed out. Because Bob was not finger printed or photographed - he still doesn't see him as being arrested.

 

So once again - Gimlin committed no crime and was eventually found to have not knowingly have taken building supplies that had not been paid for by the man who asked Bob to help him pick up the supplies. So what was it that Gimlin did that he would want to hide so to protect his Bigfoot credibility? I just  do not see him not wanting people to know he had been wrongly accused of something only to later have any charges dropped that involved Bob.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin
44 minutes ago, Bigfoothunter said:

 

You are talking silly, Martin.

 

What reputation was Gimlin trying to save, Martin?  Let us think this through ..... Gimlin had committed no crime. In the end - his charges were dropped once it had been learned that he had no knowledge that the building materials had not been paid for. It was only because someone recognized the truck that loaded the materials and drove away as being Gimlin's. All Bob did was go with someone he knew who was picking up building materials. So the record shows that Gimlin was not knowingly involved of any theft of building materials and being wrongly accused does not make one guilty of any wrong doing.

 

Typical Bigfoothunter misdirection. The crime isn't the issue. It's the lie told and the multi-Bob story.

I'll ask you again:

 

Did Bob lie about being arrested? Y/N

 

Did Bob fabricate a story to support his lie? Y/N

 

 

44 minutes ago, Bigfoothunter said:

 

So when you say Gimlin lied to protect his credibility - it's just more Jibber-Jabber coming from you. And you could be seen as knowingly telling a false hood. Then again ... maybe you didn't see it that way and were being honest in your statement. Gimlin was questioned and being held as the investigation was being conducted - until his family got him bailed out. Because Bob was not finger printed or photographed - he still doesn't see him as being arrested.
 

I'll try again in Bigfoothunter language:

 

How many days did Bob spend in jail when he "wasn't arrested"? 2 days / 3 days

 

How much was Bob's bail to get out of jail when he "wasn't arrested"? $3000 or $0

 

 

As a side note these threads are giving me cause to go back and review Long's book. I haven't read it since I was a proponent. 

 

It is definitely worth a re-read now that I took off my bigfoot googles.

 

Did you know that just before Bob lies to Long about being arrested and tells his cover story he lectured Long on Bob H. being a liar. Gimlin says " You never know about a mans character until things like this come out."

 

Bigfoothunter, have you read Greg Long's "The Making of Bigfoot?" Y/N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squatchy McSquatch
2 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

 

 

What reputation was Gimlin trying to save, Martin?  Let us think this through ..... Gimlin had committed no crime. In the end - his charges were dropped once it had been learned that he had no knowledge that the building materials had not been paid for. It was only because someone recognized the truck that loaded the materials and drove away as being Gimlin's. All Bob did was go with someone he knew who was picking up building materials. So the record shows that Gimlin was not knowingly involved of any theft of building materials and being wrongly accused does not make one guilty of any wrong doing.

 

So when you say Gimlin lied to protect his credibility - it's just more Jibber-Jabber coming from you. And you could be seen as knowingly telling a false hood. Then again ... maybe you didn't see it that way and were being honest in your statement. Gimlin was questioned and being held as the investigation was being conducted - until his family got him bailed out. Because Bob was not finger printed or photographed - he still doesn't see him as being arrested.

 

So once again - Gimlin committed no crime and was eventually found to have not knowingly have taken building supplies that had not been paid for by the man who asked Bob to help him pick up the supplies. So what was it that Gimlin did that he would want to hide so to protect his Bigfoot credibility? I just  do not see him not wanting people to know he had been wrongly accused of something only to later have any charges dropped that involved Bob.

 

Miller the hero worship never ends with you does it?

 

Gimlin is caught red-handed in a lie; yet you accuse Martin of 'knowingly telling a falsehood.'

 

Like it or not Bob Gimlin was arrested (not charged). Like it or not Bob Gimlin lied to Greg Long about his arrest. Like it or not, Bob Gimlin said there are about 5 Robert e Gimlin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...