kitakaze

The Self Contradictions Of Bob Gimlin

OMG, the horses thing again?

DQWindmill.jpg

That point was for the laughter and your wit. You are Too Cute. :wub:

Years ago I built a go kart track for my kids. 4 kids at that time and 4 go karts. Red, yellow, blue and black. A good friend of mine was at the house one day and just for fun, I hopped on the black kart, he hopped on the red one and off we went racing around the track like 2 kids.

It was neck and neck most times as my friend is heavier than me, but the red kart was a bit faster than the black kart I was on. When we finished riding, we headed for the shade trees and a cold soda.

While talking about the racing and laughing, my friend would say "My kart is faster on the straights but you get me on the turns every time." Do you wanna try my kart next time and I'll drive yours?"

You know, it never occurred to me for one second that he was claiming legal ownership of the red go kart. To us it was common knowledge he was speaking of the kart he was riding at the time.

Why would it occur to you that Bob Gimlin is declaring legal ownership of the horse he was riding? Isn't it the same common knowledge type thing to refer to the horse he was riding as "his horse"?

Chris B.

Chris, I also bought a go cart, double side by side seat type, and those boys of mine had more fun on that cart.

When they grew up and left we ended up giving it away to a family whose dad could not afford to buy one, but could fix up the one we had, and his kid is in heaven and is now the owner of his neighborhood's friend's favorite pastime! :D

Good memories, but that time just passed way too quickly.. :(

How can I have run out when no one has resolved the contradictions Bob makes? Did you somewhere clear up who borrowed Heironimus' horse and why?

Let's get this straight. Gimlin borrowed Heironimus' horse, Chico on Oct 20th, when Bob H wasn't there, right? That's Chico with the packhorse in that footage before the PGF was filmed, right? I assume Gimlin admits to riding Chico because he was documented doing so. So wouldn't that suggest that the PGF was filmed on the 20th??? If not, why not?

The alternative is as Bob H claims that the PGF was filmed Oct 7th and the trip on Oct 20th was to cast the prints and set the stage. So was Bob H referring to the Oct 20th trip when he said he lent Chico to Bob G? Or did he lend him out on more than 1 occasion? Better get Bob H to clarify, otherwise, Bob G is gonna slip thru your fingers like sand. Because if it turns out that Bob H lent Chico out to Bob G Oct 20th and that's Chico on the footage on the same reel BEFORE the PGF, then Bob H is dead in the water, correct? :popcorn:

kitakaze

kitakaze,

You say...we are legion, the you say...I am not legion. That's not contradictory? ;)

Pat...

No, because one refers to people who think the PGF is a hoax and another to me defending Bob Heironimus. They are not the same. Do you understand?

kitakaze

From the BFRO on why Chico was at Bluff Creek...

Gimlin has boarded and trained horses for decades. It was not uncommon to for him to board horses of neighbors. During the late 1960's one of the horses he boarded was owned by Hieronimous. It was, in fact, Hieronimous' horse that Bob brought down to Bluff Creek in 1967.

http://www.bfro.net/news/korff_scam.asp

"Roger got the horses lined up. I didn't take any of my own horses." - Bigfootology interview, Sasquatch Summit, April 2011

http://bigfootology.com/?p=664

"I didn't have anything to do with the cameras. Basically, I was the horse person. Roger was ridin' his horse..." - Larry Battson interview 2010

Why does Gimlin contradict himself so much about why the horse of the only man ever to make a serious public claim of being Patty was at Bluff Creek? Was he breaking the horse in for Heironimus or was Roger providing him the horse? If he agreed to go to Mt. St. helens with Roger because he had horses he needed to ride in the mountains, why did he not take such a horse to Bluff Creek? Why did they need Chico? Who arranged the use of Heironimus' horse and why?

Guest LAL

From your first link:

"At least this confessor lived in Yakima (where Patterson was from). Hieronimous claims he was friends with Roger Patterson, and accompanied Patterson and Gimlin to Nor Cal with his costume. Patterson's widow says he's lying. Bob Gimlin says he's lying. No one can corroborate Hieronimous' claim that he accompanied Patterson and Gimlin. Various living witnesses near Bluff Creek say Patterson and Gimlin were not accompanied by anyone. No one ever saw Hieronimous with those two. Hieronimous doesn't know where they went exactly, or which route they too ... Indeed, there is every reason to believe Hieronimous is trying to attach himself to the Patterson story with his own fiction."

Did you watch the entire video featured in your second link? He explains that wig, among other things, such as not finding recognizable tracks and that's why they stayed so long. I hadn't heard the campfire story before.

As I recall they surmised she broke into a run from the stride length when they tracked her but didn't see her run so no contradiction there.

Out of curiosity, Kaze, if one of us had cited Thom Cantrall as a sasquatch authority what would your reaction have been? (In order to save bandwidth I won't post a "Whaaaaaat?" .gif.) No comment on getting the the author of Psychic Sasquatch wrong? I know both books came up on a Google search but one is supposed to click the link instead of just reading the stub.

adam2323

Kit saying the samething over and over on three different threads ......boring......and old!

Crowlogic

Kit saying the samething over and over on three different threads ......boring......and old!

It's almost time for the Radford contract to come out again.

PBeaton

No, because one refers to people who think the PGF is a hoax and another to me defending Bob Heironimus. They are not the same. Do you understand?

kitakaze,

I know of legion, they are many, oooooh. Makes no difference to me if you are then aren't... ;)

Pat...

From the BFRO on why Chico was at Bluff Creek...

http://www.bfro.net/news/korff_scam.asp

"Roger got the horses lined up. I didn't take any of my own horses." - Bigfootology interview, Sasquatch Summit, April 2011

http://bigfootology.com/?p=664

"I didn't have anything to do with the cameras. Basically, I was the horse person. Roger was ridin' his horse..." - Larry Battson interview 2010

Why does Gimlin contradict himself so much about why the horse of the only man ever to make a serious public claim of being Patty was at Bluff Creek? Was he breaking the horse in for Heironimus or was Roger providing him the horse? If he agreed to go to Mt. St. helens with Roger because he had horses he needed to ride in the mountains, why did he not take such a horse to Bluff Creek? Why did they need Chico? Who arranged the use of Heironimus' horse and why?

Ok, what date did Bob H loan out Chico? And why did Bob H say Roger was on Chico Oct 7th, during filming? I thought Chico was loaned out to Bob G, not Roger. What's Bob H's official word on this? And what about the footage on the PGF reel with the packhorse? Was that Chico?

Edited by Gigantofootecus

PBeaton

Ok, what date did Bob H loan out Chico? And why did Bob H say Roger was on Chico Oct 7th, during filming? I thought Chico was loaned out to Bob G, not Roger. What's Bob H's official word on this? And what about the footage on the PGF reel with the packhorse? Was that Chico?

Gigantofootecus,

Really eh ! Haven't we heard Bob H. say the first week of Oct., or maybe the second week, an yet he was to take the so called suit with him so the reporters or whoever wouldn't find it with Roger an Bob when they went into town to break the news on the 20th ! Huh ? :unsure:

Pat...

roguefooter

When Gimlin states that he was "the horse person" in that quote, I'm pretty sure he's referring to his job of maintaining the pack horse while they were riding. Whereas Patterson was there to be the cameraman.

Edited by roguefooter

kitakaze

Green: So you provided the truck and the...

Gimlin: Yeah, and the fuel, and my own horse and my own food. The agreement when we left on any of those investigations was that whatever Roger spent that we would split the expenses with me but Al DeAtley was backing Roger, because Roger didn't have a job at that particular time.

Green: So in fact he only financed Roger, he didn't finance your share at all?

Gimlin: No, he didn't finance my part of the trip at all. I had my own horse, my own equipment and my own food. I didn't expect somebody else to support me on that. It would be nice if I could have gotten part of the fuel pay paid and expenses on the truck. - John Green 1992 interview

roguefooter

Gimlin: Yeah, and the fuel, and my own horse and my own food. The agreement when we left on any of those investigations was that whatever Roger spent that we would split the expenses with me but Al DeAtley was backing Roger, because Roger didn't have a job at that particular time.

He's stating that he supplied a horse for himself- which could easily be Chico. I don't think it was meant to be taken literally as in his personally owned horse.

Edited by roguefooter

kitakaze

He's stating that he supplied a horse for himself-

"Roger got the horses lined up. I didn't take any of my own horses."