New Ohio howl(starts at about 30 seconds)

WOBR

When my parents property was being used by what I believe was one or more sasquatches, sounds similar to these were common during the summer nights. This brings back memories.

@cmknight I was at Old Stone Church Trailhead, in Perry County Ohio. It’s part of Wayne National Forest. I recorded it around midnight on March 22 using a Zoom Q3HD. It’s just outside of New Straitsville. The trail is for atvs and horseback from April-October. It is open year round for hikers. I chose this spot because I saw an article that was telling about a guy from Ohio University that came to New Straitsville to discuss Sasquatch evidence and over 100 people showed up. It’s a very, very small town so that told me that there must be a lot of people in that area hearing or seeing things and wanting answers

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 8:51 AM, WOBR said:

@Patterson-Gimlinthe Ohio DNR says wolves went extinct in Ohio in the 1850s but who knows. I shared it with Thinker Thunker and I’m hoping he will do a spectral analysis if it

I happened to come across this clip a few days ago on the internet and thought they were very interesting. Thanks for posting it. This got my attention because I had posted some howls from North Bay, ON in the Film/Video/Photos/Audio section not too long ago and those howls were different than these. The North Bay howls were long, mournful howls that seemed too low pitched for a wolf and the narrator said the volume drowned out nearby dogs.

These Ohio howls seem to have a roar in them, which makes them intriguing. I hope ThinkerThunker does do an analysis for  you; he's good at it. It would be interesting to see what the graphs look like.