xspider1

Reasons Not To Consider The Pgf A Hoax

Drew

Patty's head is quite small and compact for the body mass...

Bill

Do you have any figures on this?

Also, Do you know of any Gorilla suits that have heads of the same proportion as Patty?

suit2.jpg

bigfoot_2.jpg

xspider1

I know that drawing lines on pictures is considered taboo by some but; here's a figure that might help:

post-131-027193500 1286590965_thumb.jpg

Guest Kerchak

Great picture of the 1976 Kong.

Notice the size of the head in relation to the body. The reality of makeup and creature stuff is that when we start with a human inside, we cannot subtract any of the human features or anatomy to reshape the creature, we can only add and try to achieve a rearranged look with those additions. So to get a gorilla/ape like head, we have to add and the head becomes quite large. Patty's head is quite small and compact for the body mass, which pretty much challenges any suit maker to achieve. Even the best of the 70's would struggle with that challenge.

Bill

I agree Bill. The head thing always stood out in those old ape/apemen suits. Here are two more where the heads are noticably huge compared to the body width.

2001 apeman from the late 1960s:

2001.jpg

Harry Bigfoot from the late 1980s:

bigfoot03.jpg

I've always thought that Patty's head size, her large shoulder span and overall defined bulk/mass and the lack of long shaggy hair hiding everything is something I've never seen in a bipedal ape/bigfoot suit.

Guest Kerchak

bigfoot_2.jpg

Here is the same suit from another angle.

The head looks massive compared to the body:

MessinWithSasquatch_1.jpg

Edited by Kerchak

xspider1

That is an excellent observation about the head size. It's one of those things that anyone can see but maybe not put their finger on. Thanks people! I guess this would be considered an extreme example ~> haha

post-131-067663900 1286692322_thumb.jpg

xspider1

If it was a hoax then wouldn't there be more than enough evidence and analysis to make that determination to the satisfaction of almost all capable, determined and, intelligent researchers? That has not been done.

To celebrate the PGF's 43rd birthday, I was planning to eat a 10 lb Hamburger at the BigFoot Café here but, they had to change the name and maybe take out the cool Bigfoot Statue : /

post-131-001836500 1286762602_thumb.jpg

Guest Kerchak

That is an excellent observation about the head size. It's one of those things that anyone can see but maybe not put their finger on. Thanks people! I guess this would be considered an extreme example ~> haha

post-131-067663900 1286692322_thumb.jpg

Haha that head looks like the Wah Chang mask that some claim was the face of Patty. :lol:

To celebrate the PGF's 43rd birthday, I was planning to eat a 10 lb Hamburger at the BigFoot Café here but, they had to change the name and maybe take out the cool Bigfoot Statue :

How much do they charge for that giant burger? :o

Edited by Kerchak

xspider1

That hamburger was like $20 I think but, if you finished it- no charge. :wacko:

xspider1

There have been many, many attempts throughout the years to make a fake Bigfoot movie and pass it off as real. 99.9% of those hoax attempts have been somewhere between laughable, not enough to consider and, not worth seeing. The other .1% of Bigfoot video hoaxes, all put together, have probably been viewed, discussed and considered about 1/1000 as much as the PGF. (Those numbers are just a guess of course but, there has to be some general truth to that.) So, all of the Bigfoot hoaxes put together, don't even come close.

Edited by xspider1

Guest Kerchak

It's not even just the hoaxes. Think of all the bigfoot related movies, from Boggy Creek to Snowbeast through Bigfoot and the Hendersons. Sure the latter was a comedy and the face at least was great but still.

I already pointed out King Kong from 1976 which featured an upright bipedal ape and you can even see the baggy leg folds at the back when you watch it.

Edited by Kerchak

I just saw this today. Would this not be a reason to NOT consider the PGF a hoax. Look! Scale!

mcclarin.jpg

xspider1

Good point Kerchak. It's not JUST the hoaxes that look ridiculous in comparison to Patty; the professional and very expensive attempts over the decades have consistently fallen very short as well. And, thanks for posting that pic Colossus. That indicates Patty's bulk to be several times that of an average person. If the Creature was a suit then, Bob H. would have felt sort of like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, haha! And, the SPMM doesn't move quite like Patty does.

kitakaze

I just saw this today. Would this not be a reason to NOT consider the PGF a hoax. Look! Scale!

mcclarin.jpg

Look. Scale.

89614c7e06514359c.gif

kitakaze

Good point Kerchak. It's not JUST the hoaxes that look ridiculous in comparison to Patty; the professional and very expensive attempts over the decades have consistently fallen very short as well.

Please list the professional and very expensive attempts to recreate Patty.

Patty is not special. Even amateurs can come very, very close...

89614cb7b93cbb3db.jpg

89614cb7b93cd7940.jpg

ETA: Working image links.

Edited by kitakaze

xspider1

Kit - Your image links don't seem to work. (Maybe that's because most people don't 'participate' at the jref?) When I found out that the primary definition of a skeptic is: –noun 1. a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual -

I wasn't really interested. If I have to take a default position then, in general, I'll take belief over doubt, any day. Maybe you could just post those images here.

Anywho, I said: "the professional and very expensive attempts over the decades have consistently fallen very short as well." By that, I meant attempts to create a Bigfoot hoax or movie, not necessarily a replication of Patty. Do you really think that a lot of money has not been spent over the years trying to make a realistic looking Bigfoot costume? And, if "Patty is not special" then why has the PGF been studied, debated and critiqued ad infinitum for 43 years?

Edit, as per your request:

Please list the professional and very expensive attempts to recreate Patty.

Perhaps you can find a few attempts that were not 'exactly cheap' among the 1,100,000 results listed here ~> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bigfoot+movie :B

Edited by xspider1