2023 Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Maybe some of you remember my original thread on this, but to fill in those who do not go that far back (2013), this marks the 10 year anniversary of my class B encounters in my yard in the outlying suburbs

of Chicago. Since then, after several years of recording and documenting strange things at night, including wood knocks, groans, howls, and apparent coyote interactions, much of which I posted to the original thread,

I was distracted enough by normal life to move on. This did not mean I lost interest in the topic, but as activity on my property seemed to cease, probably due to my forcing the issue and trying to get a class A, I did

not have the same motivation or willingness to research what was no longer present. I always thought that I would meet someone who lived close to me who had a class A sighting, and in part I did. I cannot recall the movie,

but it was recent, it documented a police officers sighting, during which he is dispatched to find the large hairy bipedal creature carrying a dead dog or coyote, he approaches it in his squad car and it frisbees the dead dog

at him hitting the front of his squad car. Sounds pretty outlandish, but this guy is a very reputable person and a deacon in his church, and had no reason to make all that up. It happened late in the night-early morning hours and I have

no reason to doubt the man, he is a devoted Christian, who liked me, stumbled into this. So I ask you, do you think that Bigfoot will actually live on the outskirts of large Metropolitans? As I sit here in Dunedin Florida on vacation,

I am reminded of a class A sighting that took place in Clearwater. This was on the bay side of the peninsula, where a little inlet and mangrove area invades the shoreline. The woman was in a early morning dog walking habit, and 

this thing was probably reacting to the dog. I think she heard it at first and eventually saw it, but this is right across the bay from Tampa. I studied the topography and there was a power line easement and the shoreline it could use

to travel... that was too urban for me...freaked me out a bit.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Thanks 1

Why wouldn't the braver ones venture into urban areas if they were close to the tree lines? In Central Oregon, cougar, coyote, deer, bear and even elk have been encountered in the city. Not much of a stretch to think Squatch may creep in.

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:04 AM, Lake County Bigfooot said:

Maybe some of you remember my original thread on this, but to fill in those who do not go that far back (2013), this marks the 10 year anniversary of my class B encounters in my yard in the outlying suburbs

of Chicago. Since then, after several years of recording and documenting strange things at night, including wood knocks, groans, howls, and apparent coyote interactions, much of which I posted to the original thread,

I was distracted enough by normal life to move on. This did not mean I lost interest in the topic, but as activity on my property seemed to cease, probably due to my forcing the issue and trying to get a class A, I did

not have the same motivation or willingness to research what was no longer present. I always thought that I would meet someone who lived close to me who had a class A sighting, and in part I did. I cannot recall the movie,

but it was recent, it documented a police officers sighting, during which he is dispatched to find the large hairy bipedal creature carrying a dead dog or coyote, he approaches it in his squad car and it frisbees the dead dog

at him hitting the front of his squad car. Sounds pretty outlandish, but this guy is a very reputable person and a deacon in his church, and had no reason to make all that up. It happened late in the night-early morning hours and I have

no reason to doubt the man, he is a devoted Christian, who liked me, stumbled into this. So I ask you, do you think that Bigfoot will actually live on the outskirts of large Metropolitans? As I sit here in Dunedin Florida on vacation,

I am reminded of a class A sighting that took place in Clearwater. This was on the bay side of the peninsula, where a little inlet and mangrove area invades the shoreline. The woman was in a early morning dog walking habit, and 

this thing was probably reacting to the dog. I think she heard it at first and eventually saw it, but this is right across the bay from Tampa. I studied the topography and there was a power line easement and the shoreline it could use

to travel... that was too urban for me...freaked me out a bit.

As someone that's had a Class B encounter with something in an urban setting that I can't explain it has blown my mind quite a bit as well. It really boggled my mind how something that large could waltz on in virtually undetected through an apartment complex next to a main road. Granted it was 1 AM when I heard it but I just couldn't grasp how it made it this far without being spotted. Then I had a bit of a eureka moment when I noticed the large sewer ditch and opening that was right next to our complex. I put two and two together and left it at that... 

You know, that is the first BF encounter that I've ever heard of in Pinellas County. It has such a low sightings density due to being so densely populated and developed but I suppose that the Skunk Apes down here are fairly adept at using water to their advantage for both navigation and stealth. Especially at night. Was the encounter close to the Courtney Campbell Causeway? 

• Upvote 1

Hard to believe it's been ten years around here! Seriously, you shouldn't be surprised about the topic after so much education.

So IMO, absolutely, no question at all. They can and do go anywhere they want, typically under cover of night.

• Like 1

My first encounters with what I presume to be sasquatch were near town, where they could have followed the river (which is all private property) anywhere they please. But I'd say this is RURAL, not urban. I just can't see urban given their reclusive nature and their enormous stature.

But rural homes? THOUSANDS of stories. After all, they were here first. We are probably trespassing on lands they've been on forever (or close enough). It doesn't surprise me that they'd go places where they've always gone...but now, humans have moved into their areas.

If you do an internet search, you can find where Nathan Reo has logged possible bigfoot activity in Utah, right into the cities (Provo?). Seems they are following creeks and wilderness strips/parks/wildlife corridors while possibly hunting in the night. I don't know where this video is, it might be taken down, but it was very clear when he mapped it out what they were doing and why. He showed the maps, logged the type of activity (structure, prints, sightings) and showed where they were coming down from the mountains. And why? Easy meals of deer and critters locked in by neighborhoods, with a quick escape route back to the mountains. Fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm fairly certain they're around in the San Gabriel mountains in the north side of Los Angeles. Theres a number of reports of them in the lower canyons at the edge of towns, even on the northern edge of Pasadena where this one old estate serves as access to a couple trails. The oak scrub gets pretty dense right off and there's plenty of deer. There's little reason to think they wouldn't be there.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 3:09 AM, guyzonthropus said:

I'm fairly certain they're around in the San Gabriel mountains in the north side of Los Angeles

Next time that I'm in LA, I'll have to check it out!

9 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Next time that I'm in LA, I'll have to check it out!

Also be aware that the San Gabriels and other areas around the LA basin have healthy populations of mountain lions as well.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Also be aware that the San Gabriels and other areas around the LA basin have healthy populations of mountain lions as well.

Rattlers, too. My dumb husky got bitten some 4 miles from the truck. What a day.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

Rattlers, too. My dumb husky got bitten some 4 miles from the truck. What a day.

I got bit by a rattler in the San Gabriel Mountains in the early '70's several miles from my vehicle. It thoroughly sucked.

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Can't imagine. Did you lose the dog?

No. She survived. One fang went through her nostril and injected the venom so that it ran our her nose. She got hit with the other one though. She walked maybe 30 yards, and dropped. I cut the head off the snake and took it, my pack, and the dog and carried them out, boy scout style...50 paces trotting, 50 paces walking...trot...walk, etc. Got to the vet 90 mins later. Almost lost her. But she didn't learn her lesson, and would still stick her snout under bushes and places. Not too bright. But she was pretty. 

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I got bit by a rattler in the San Gabriel Mountains in the early '70's several miles from my vehicle. It thoroughly sucked.

I can only imagine.

Did you get the snake? I made a snakeskin collar for my dog.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

........Did you get the snake? I made a snakeskin collar for my dog.

It was tiny. I killed it, along with a couple of its siblings, packed my stuff, and started the long 6+ mile hike out. I stepped on it while barefoot, letting my boots dry after the hike in. It got me on the bottom of my foot. By the time I was out, my lower leg was nearly black and horribly swollen. I got anti-venom in Azuza, probably 6 hours after the bite. 

If I was your dog, I'd hate you for putting that collar on me!

I'm glad you made it out of there, Huntster.  :thumbsup:  That must have been very nerve-wrecking.  I stepped on a snake once (not sure what kind) while fishing at a place called Lakeview in DeSoto County, Mississippi.  Snakes are about the same size as a small dead limb laying along a trail but; as I tell those who have never stepped on one, you don't think it's a limb if you step on one, not even for 1 second.  lol  :lol:

Urban Bigfoot are completely believable to me, LCB, especially when, as referenced above, they have access to significant cover nearby.  There are videos of Coyote in city neighborhoods that have the ability to travel unseen in Urban areas, in daylight.  So, I don't doubt that an apparently far more intelligent animal could do the same.  It's an interesting subject for sure.. 

9 hours ago, xspider1 said:

.......I stepped on a snake once (not sure what kind) while fishing at a place called Lakeview in DeSoto County, Mississippi.  Snakes are about the same size as a small dead limb laying along a trail but; as I tell those who have never stepped on one, you don't think it's a limb if you step on one, not even for 1 second.  lol  :lol:.......

LOL!

My Daddy grew up in Louisiana. Poor. Rarely wore shoes. He said one night he stepped off the porch and was walking across the yard when he stepped on a snake. He never saw it, before or after. Said he jumped, and he's still going up.......... 😂

• Haha 1