Seasonal migration?

TGB

13 hours ago, hiflier said:

Maybe. And maybe not ;)

The SSR here on the Forum has nearly all of the past and current BFRO report data including John Green's, free for the researcher in you :)

Yes, nearly every day.

It's not the go to scientific method. Until this creature scientifically steps out of the mist of myth then those methods are no better than calling out, "Here Bigfoot, Bigfoot, Bigfoot." TV shows are about public entertainment. And even though those types of shows have raised awareness of the subject they have done serious researchers more harm than good.  Personally? in ten years of my own research I have never howled or tree knocked. My thoughts about it are that IF this creature is out there as a predator at whatever level then it has preyed on animals for centuries. It goes to the idea that if prey know the creature is in the area because it howls and tree knocks, then they will be stressed out.

But, if it doesn't exist, and we STILL go out and do those things, it would only stress animals out for no good reason. It just doesn't seem like the right thing for us to be doing IMHO.

And who are these supposedly serious Bigfoot researchers that are out there?

• Sad 1

Of the top of my head for those that I'm most familiar with? Olympic Project et al, NAWAC et al, members Norseman, wiiawiwb, MIB, BC Witness BlackRockBigfoot, Madison, NorthWind, Kiwakwe, along with several others. I also know many personally that are not members of the BFF who I've either contacted or are associated with: a LEO and a former LEO, a couple of biologists, a microbiologist, a chemist involved in DNA, a primatologist, and someone deeply involved with hair morphology with respect to DNA, and various fields of academia. I've also emailed and got responses from experts in osteology (bones) as well as the former head of the University of California system's citizen science e-DNA collection program. This isn't to say that all are proponents but the reception across the board has never been negative, and my outreach over the past 6 years includes many more.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Of the top of my head for those that I'm most familiar with? Olympic Project et al, NAWAC et al, members Norseman, wiiawiwb, MIB, BC Witness BlackRockBigfoot, Madison, NorthWind, Kiwakwe, along with several others. I also know many personally that are not members of the BFF who I've either contacted or are associated with: a LEO and a former LEO, a couple of biologists, a microbiologist, a chemist involved in DNA, a primatologist, and someone deeply involved with hair morphology with respect to DNA, and various fields of academia. I've also emailed and got responses from experts in osteology (bones) as well as the former head of the University of California system's citizen science e-DNA collection program. This isn't to say that all are proponents but the reception across the board has never been negative, and my outreach over the past 6 years includes many more.

The only one in that group that I couldn't call an absolute fraud is Norseman...

There's only one way to prove Bigfoot exists and 99% of supposed researchers aren't even willing to consider doing it. That's why bigfoot "research" is a joke.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Duckman said:

The only one in that group that I couldn't call an absolute fraud is Norseman...

There's only one way to prove Bigfoot exists and 99% of supposed researchers aren't even willing to consider doing it. That's why bigfoot "research" is a joke.

220px-How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Duckman said:

A fairly serious statement. Personally, I don't consider the rest of the BFF members that I listed to be frauds either.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Duckman said:

If you're referring to the outright shooting of one as your barometer for what is a joke and what isn't, though shooting one in self defense is a common viewpoint, then there's not much I can say. There's no question a body or the remains of one would settle the matter immediately but even finding a dead one that's perhaps lain in the same for months comes with it's own set of risks and the likelihood that the public will be told it was only a bear carcass. Because if his creature exists then there's a lot of money and power stopping public and anyone else from knowing. At some point in the last 60-70 years the Sasquatch should have been discovered and become common knowledge.

Things are very different these days. More animal monitoring, more trail cameras than ever being used by universities and agencies, never mind the millions of hunters and others who are specifically looking for the Sasquatch. That doesn't count other high tech surveillance like x-ray, ground sensors, satellites, phones, GPS in vehicles, live cameras watching remotely forests, border patrol, and a bunch of other technology devices and users like lidar, radar, and thermal imagers, and internet monitoring.

A lot of researchers, if not most, really don't consider these things. But the ones that do know that a different approach is needed. And it needs to be done scientifically and in numbers. Something that all of them can do that's easy and relatively inexpensive. And that is to load up the system with environmental DNA samples. It's what I push for, it's why I stay on this Forum, and if that creature is out there it isn't stagnant. It roams and leaves its DNA wherever it goes. I've been trying to raise this awareness for nigh on three years now and some, thankfully, are getting it.

56 minutes ago, Duckman said:

ETA.  Actually, ignore that question.  I don’t really care.  Please continue.  

Might I ask why you consider me an “absolute fraud”?

Have you and I ever discussed my personal approach to the subject?  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Thanks 1

Admin
1 hour ago, Duckman said:

And how would you know who is a fraud and who isn't?

• Thanks 2

For the record I shy from being called a researcher. There are many many more capable people in the woods than I am that are documenting this mystery. I am not even the best hunter on this forum. That honor would definitely go to Huntster. I’ve never killed Caribou in the arctic circle.

I appreciate the shout out Duckman, but I’m just a guy with a gun. And I get out when I can. 

7 hours ago, Duckman said:

Norse has a groupie.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, norseman said:

That honor would definitely go to Huntster. I’ve never killed Caribou in the arctic circle.

I ain't either but I'm not giving up title of best hunter to that Brigand. You ain't never seen me hunt so how would you know?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Duckman said:

Well isn't this guy a real piece of work... I exist so I's ain't fraudulent (Hiflier's even seen me), and I's made no claim that can be declared likewise. You on the other hand are out the gates as a feckineejit. I take no offense, you shouldn't either, welcome to the club.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

I exist so I's ain't fraudulent (Hiflier's even seen me)

That I have. I would take a photo of you to prove it but no one would believe me. I'd cast your boot print but that wouldn't be proof either. A recording of you speaking? Nope, not good enough. Forum members are just going to have to take my word for it that you are real. Others may have seen you and may have even filed reports but there claims would just be stories. And, for the record, I wouldn't dare try to take a hair sample. You have disappeared almost before my very eyes at times, however, so I can't rule out that you may be interdimensional and use portals. All in all? I am a Kiwakwe proponent in that I'm convinced you exist, proving it to others though?

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 4