Bob Heironimus' Strange Comments About Bluff Creek.

Guest Kerchak

I thought we'd have a new thread dedicated to Bob Heironimus and his rather strange (ok ok I really mean weird) comments about the terrain at Bluff Creek. In particular his comments about the "white sand", the "dry creek" and the "big hole" that he "jumped down".

To kick off, lets discuss the "white sand" comments.

In the XZone radio interview, August 6, 2007 he says "......in the white sand where I was walking through this creek bed"

In the Tom Biscardi Show, 14 March 2007 he also says twice more than the sand was white.

Bob Heironimus-"It was a sand, white sand creek that come through there.......and the sand was white as snow"

Around the 6.50 mark.

Sand "as white as snow" at Bluff Creek?

Now how could anyone who had really been to the Bluff Creek film site repeatedly say the sand was "white". By consensus the ground seems to have been greyish or greyish blue....certainly not anything like "as white as snow". It only looks white when you look at some stills or look at the footage due to the colour exposure of the camera film.

According to Bob Heironimus, he left the campsite at around 10.00 in the morning and rode down to the film site. Bluff Creek itself is a narrow valley surrounded by steep high forested hills. It's very unlikely that Bob H would have been in total bright sunshine the entire time or was blinded by the sand continuously.

So where does the "white sand" come from? From Bob Heironimus just looking at the film and not through any real recollection of the actual events?

kitakaze

Because it can appear and be remembered by him as white. I have been on parade squares that were grey that in the strong sunlight appeared blinding white.

Because it can appear and be remembered by him as white. I have been on parade squares that were grey that in the strong sunlight appeared blinding white.

Please see my previous post. Bob H claims they left for the film site at around 10.00. The hills were steep and heavily forested. Do you think the sun was constantly beating down on them the entire time?

kitakaze

The sun may have been beating down on him the entire time. It may not have. The point is that he's allowed to remember it that way. Maybe the sun wasn't beating down on me the entire time, but I still remember being on a grey parade square that appeared blinding white. When I try and think of being on it at other times, I just get the memory of the blinding white. That appearance could very well made an impression on Heironimus and be what comes to his mind when he recalls the experience. This is quite natural.

If you want to find comments that you think can be used to infer deception on the part of Bob Heironimus, you need something far better than his remembering the surface as being white. It's very possible to have that memory and I know it from personal experience.

but I still remember being on a grey parade square that appeared blinding white.

Where was this parade ground? I'd like to see what kind of grey it was. Do you have pictures?

If you want to find comments that you think can be used to infer deception on the part of Bob Heironimus, you need something far better than his remembering the surface as being white.

Not just white but "white as snow", when it ISN'T.

If you want to find comments that you think can be used to infer deception on the part of Bob Heironimus, you need something far better

Ok how when in the same interview posted post# 1 Bob Heironimus says (at the 1.00 minute mark), regarding the spot Roger chose to do the film.

"".....it was off the road quite a ways so nobody would see us.""

Huh? But the filming starts at the downfall treejam at the creek and the road is right next to it. :lol:

Edited by Kerchak

Here is the map of the film site and where the encounter occurred. We know the filming occurred exactly where Patterson said it did because the downfall trees are clearly visible in the first few frames of the footage and so are the banks of the creek.

Map.jpg

The road is right by the creek. Hardly any distance at all from the creek and the downfall treejam.

Why does Bob Heironimus claim that ".....it was off the road quite a ways so nobody would see us.". The filming started right next to the road by the downfall tree jam at the creek and Patty's route also takes her back towards the direction of the road after the look back.

Bob H's comments don't make any sense. If they were worried about being so close to the road in case somebody came along......then why did the filming start right by the road and why does Bob H in 'Patty suit' walk towards the road again where the debris is?

Edited by Kerchak
kitakaze

Bluff Creek in bright sunlight.

Doesn't look anywhere near "as white as snow" to me.

Bigbluffcreek3.jpg

Parade square in bright sunlight...

0.jpg

Doesn't look anywhere near "as white as snow" to me.

It did when I was there.

^

""It did when I was there.""

Yeah but Kitakaze, I learned to not take YOUR word for anything long ago. You'll say ANYTHING to support Bob Heironimus. We all know this.:rolleyes:

Edited by Kerchak
  • Upvote 1

Here is a nice composite of the Bluff Creek terrain at the start of the filming,(courtesy of Bill Munns and Sweaty Yeti I believe). You can see the downfall tree jam on the left, the creek and the creek bank.

The road was right near to this spot. In fact I would say that flat hard area in the foreground is the road.

compositelandscapePGFstart.jpg

None of this tallies with the claim of Bob Heironimus that Roger picked a spot "....off the road quite a ways so nobody would see us."

You can clearly see the whole thing from the road and in fact the filming actually began right by the road.

Edited by Kerchak

Anybody else agree that the hard flat area in the bottom right of the picture is the road? According to Bob Titmus' map this road went right under the large treejam, which we can see on the left. So that must be the road in the bottom right, yes? So Roger Patterson is actually standing right on or very close to the road when these frames were taken. He didn't pick a spot quite a ways off the road so nobody would see them and that seems to be proven in the actual footage.

Yet Bob Heironimus says the location chosen was"......off the road quite a ways so nobody would see us."

:o

Guest parnassus

^

""It did when I was there.""

Yeah but Kitakaze, I learned to not take YOUR word for anything long ago. You'll say ANYTHING to support Bob Heironimus. We all know this.:rolleyes:

Kerch

You have posted a false statement.

/insert rolled eyes face

You do not speak for the membership of this forum and as but one of "we", i can state that you are clearly mistaken in stating what "we all know. "

/insert tsk tsk face

But then, I have have learned that you are among the most biased posters here and, by the evidence, would probably say anything, even something as demonstrably false as your statement above, to support the stories of Patterson and Gimlin (even though they are mutually and self-contradictory) and, by the evidence, to attack personally a member who holds views different from your own.

/Insert sad face

Of course that's just my opinion, although it is conceivable that "we all know this" about you; and my opinion is supported by evidence from your own post.

Goose...gander.

/insert smiley faces

Edited by parnassus

"Goose...gander." Gander...goose. "Altough it is conceivable that "we all know this" about you;" Is no different, so much for false statements eh. :(

Pat...

Parnassus, if you have a problem with a post, you need to hit the report button.

Kerchak and Kit, you need to stop baiting each other. I think you both enjoy the tussle to some extent but then it just keeps going and you get carried away with it. You need to get carried away somewhere else or you can both go to PM if it gets to that point.

• gigantor unlocked this topic