BigfootBookman

Bigfoot's Blog!: Exploring Bluff Creek Bigfoot History

BigfootBookman

post-37-072936700 1285888714_thumb.jpgWe've been studying the Bluff Creek area and the P-G Film Site zone this summer. Here is Part One of the documentation of these expeditions.

This is a sort of basic field guide to the area.

http://bigfootbooksb...ot-history.html

Soon to follow: documenting and filming the PGF site, trying to resolve the controversy of its true location.

Upcoming: a hike up the creek, wherein we will document all of the potential sites, and rule out the ones we think are incorrect (based upon dimensions, reliability of sources, trees, topography, etc.).

Check out our other blog entries involving Bluff Creek trips here:

http://bigfootbooksb...ek-bigfoot.html

http://bigfootbooksb...-film-site.html

http://bigfootbooksb...xploratory.html

http://bigfootbooksb...luff-creek.html

Also relevant, here is Part One of our three-part interview with Willow Creeker, AL HODGSON:

http://bigfootbooksb...foot-elder.html

See? No controversy here (we hope)!

Best,

Steve

Bigfoot Books,

Bigfoot's bLog,

Willow Creek

post-37-051075100 1285888762_thumb.jpg

xspider1

Hey! This sounds vely intelesting. I think you got a picture of Bigfoot already! No wait, that might be a photo-shop... I'll definitely check it out. Thanks, Steve.

BigfootBookman

I would NEVER, ever use PhotoShop. That would be... hoaxing, wouldn't it? ha ha.

Notice how she camouflages against the grey color of the road? That is a sure sign of BF authenticity.

HERE'S A QUIZ:

Which letter in "NATIONAL" on the map, above, is where the PGF SITE is? Let's see who can identify it.

Best,

Steve

Bigfoot Bookman

Hey! This sounds vely intelesting. I think you got a picture of Bigfoot already! No wait, that might be a photo-shop... I'll definitely check it out. Thanks, Steve.

parnassus

Ha, ha. Seven links to your blog. ha ha. are you sure that's enough?

Guest nycBig

do all the people in the bluff creek area believe in bigfoot?

Guest Kerchak

lol. Seven links to your blog. ha ha. are you sure that's enough?

lol. two posts making the same point. ha ha. are you sure that's enough?

BigfootBookman

Parnassus,

It is called "sharing." I have done many of these trips to Bluff Creek, and I would like to share them with people who care.

I'm not interested in sharing with people whose goal in life is merely to say "ha ha, LOL" all of the time.

The links are not about "me" or my blog; they are about Bluff Creek trips I have done. If you don't care, move on, man.

My associates and I are doing serious investigations into the history of Bluff Creek.

I've been talking with John Green, Jim McClarin, Peter Byrne, Daniel Perez, Al Hodgson, and many other researchers and locals about this.

Do you have anything constructive to add?

ACE--which "N" though? The consensus is above the second "N".

nycBig--no, there are a lot of scoffers and skeptics out there, many of whom feel they were part of the "original hoax," or knew Ray Wallace, or just have never seen one in years living there.

Still, the general impression I get from most folks out in the Weitchpec-Orleans area is that Bigfoot is a fact. Many have seen it, or know someone who has. Reports are very common.

Best,

Steve, Bigfoot Books

Parnassus,

It is called "sharing." I have done many of these trips to Bluff Creek, and I would like to share them with people who care.

I'm not interested in sharing with people whose goal in life is merely to say "ha ha, LOL" all of the time.

The links are not about "me" or my blog; they are about Bluff Creek trips I have done. If you don't care, move on, man.

My associates and I are doing serious investigations into the history of Bluff Creek.

I've been talking with John Green, Jim McClarin, Peter Byrne, Daniel Perez, Al Hodgson, and many other researchers and locals about this.

Do you have anything constructive to add?

ACE--which "N" though? The consensus is above the second "N".

nycBig--no, there are a lot of scoffers and skeptics out there, many of whom feel they were part of the "original hoax," or knew Ray Wallace, or just have never seen one in years living there.

Still, the general impression I get from most folks out in the Weitchpec-Orleans area is that Bigfoot is a fact. Many have seen it, or know someone who has. Reports are very common.

Best,

Steve, Bigfoot Books

hey steve, how ya doing? some of us have a question for you, if ya got some time to answer......there is another thread here

just go to near the last page.........

we were wondering if that book Al Hodgeson is holding during your interview was signed by roger or maybe Al signed it kinda like a just remembering who gave it to him kind of thing.........get back when and if u can.........thanks so much......

BigfootBookman

Mark, I'll assume you are the same Mark who contacted me a few days ago?

Al suggested it was signed by Roger, but perhaps he doesn't clearly remember anymore? Anyway, you are correct that the handwriting on the Hodgson cast and the inscription in the book is very similar, especially the shape of the "H".

Patterson's signature is not very common. Don't forget, though, that those newsletters may have been produced by the guy who took over operations of the Bigfoot/Snowman club after Roger neglected it.

Also, there is an example of Roger's signature in Greg Long's book (page 301), in the loan document he signed with the Radfords.

As I recall, Al first showed us this book off the record, before the tape was rolling. I'll have to re-check to see if it is in the recorded interview where he says that Roger signed the book.

Here is the section of the interview I did with Al Hodgson where he pretty clearly re-confirms that he thinks of the book as having been signed by Roger:

BIGFOOT BOOKS: That’s amazing! I think… You’ve had that book since 1967 or something?

AL HODGSON: Yeah, I don’t know exactly. I think it was just right after the… You can see it’s been well read.

BIGFOOT BOOKS: Yeah, you’ve probably showed it to a lot of people over the years, too.

AL HODGSON: My brother had it for a while. I think every teacher in Hoopa probably read it.

BIGFOOT BOOKS: Yeah, that book, I mean, without the signature that book is very hard to get now.

AL HODGSON: Oh, I know it is.

BIGFOOT BOOKS: It costs about sixty to seventy-five dollars for a good copy, forty-five for the ones that are falling apart, with the pages breaking out, which is about half of the ones you see.

AL HODGSON: [Laughs] Well, mine’s getting kind of dog-eared!

BIGFOOT BOOKS: Well, it’s signed, so it’s priceless. I don’t know how many signatures Roger did on his books.

AL HODGSON: Yeah. I have no idea, no idea.

This interview part can be found at the bottom of this page:

http://bigfootbooksb...-pillar-of.html

I am going to try calling Al right now to ask him about this.

I am going to move the reply over to the thread that Mark, mentions, above.

Best,

Steve

Bigfoot Books

hey steve, how ya doing? some of us have a question for you, if ya got some time to answer......there is another thread here

http://bigfootforums...the-pgf-a-hoax/

just go to near the last page.........

we were wondering if that book Al Hodgeson is holding during your interview was signed by roger or maybe Al signed it kinda like a just remembering who gave it to him kind of thing.........get back when and if u can.........thanks so much......

roguefooter

Mark, I'll assume you are the same Mark who contacted me a few days ago?

No that was me who contacted you.

Well considering there's nothing for sale on his blog aside from an Amazon ad, what's the problem? It's just a blog- not a sales pitch. If he's going to take the time to share information then it's only common sense that he'd want people to read it. Providing links is a courtesy, not a crime.

It's time to quit being so anal about it.

Edited by roguefooter

BigfootBookman

Parnassus, didn't you get the memo about this being the NEW Bigfoot Forums? This is almost exactly the same mocking attitude you and others had towards me on the old BFF. I think everyone here will remember how the whole mess got started, and how it led to the closure of the original Forums. All I've ever done is try to share my blog with the world. What do I get? Accusations of self-promotion and profiteering, all contrary to the true situation and my actual motivations. All I am trying to do is study Bigfoot and Bigfooting history, and would like to share what I find with the world. Please keep the snarky snideness to yourself. If you don't like my posts or information I provide please at least comment on the substance of it, not the number of links I provide here, or whether you think I am just trying to sell books.

Roguefooter, thank you for understanding. And by the way, those two Amazon ads on my site are for "recommended" books and videos. They actually take sales AWAY from me by directing interest to Amazon. So far I have not even made enough on them to earn my first $25.00 Amazon gift certificate.

Let's get on with the good things, and leave all of this behind. OK?

Thanks,

Steve,

Bigfoot Books, Willow Creek,

Bigfoot's bLog: http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/

GuyInIndiana

Parnassus, didn't you get the memo about this being the NEW Bigfoot Forums? This is almost exactly the same mocking attitude you and others had towards me on the old BFF. I think everyone here will remember how the whole mess got started, and how it led to the closure of the original Forums.

You CAN'T be serious? That whole thing was about YOU? Really? :wacko:

BigfootBookman

I should say no comment, and I will say nothing further than this:

NO, I did not say "it was all about me." What happened to me brought the problem out into the open more, and it became obvious that there WAS a problem. It turned out that MANY out there in the BF world felt the same way, and had the same kind of thing happen to them. I reported on it; the issue exploded. Brian Brown even acknowledged this to me personally here in my store, right before he returned home and shut down the old BFF.

So please don't misread what I said. OK? I DID NOT SAY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING I SAID. Misreading and false suppositions are what led to the problem in the first place on the old BFF.

No further comment. Like I said, move on, Guy. This is the NEW BFF.

s.

You CAN'T be serious? That whole thing was about YOU? Really? :wacko:

Thanks for recognizing we're getting a bit off track here and trying to bring it back.