DOES THE BLM & FOREST SERVICE HIDE BIGFOOT KNOWLEDGE FROM THE PUBLIC?

georgerm

On 3/18/2023 at 5:51 PM, Doug said:

We serched for info on this for the next few months coming up with nothing. We don't know how the elk died or why.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you didn't ask anyone in F&W or FS about it? And if not, I would ask why not?

On 3/18/2023 at 5:51 PM, Doug said:

There are all kinds of situations like this that the government does that they don't want to go public on.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that someone wouldn't tell about the elk burials if they were asked? Like perhaps a local regional biologist? These people are a lot more accessible and open to dialogue than folks give them credit for. Acquiring a hunting or fishing license is not all they are there for.

Edited by hiflier

6 hours ago, SWWASAS said:
  • Do you know it is illegal to land an aircraft in a National Forest unless it is a designated airstrip or for an actual search and rescue mission.     That eliminates SAR training as the military has to follow the same rules.      The forest service does not want people cracking up landing in the bush and starting a fire or needing to remove the wreckage.      The exception would be if the area belongs to the military as a training area.    That would be charted on aeronautical charts.     As a matter of fact the area is not only not charted as a training area but I believe where I saw the helicopter was in a wilderness area.    You not only cannot land there but cannot fly below 2000 feet AGL.    That wilderness area is nothing special from the air.    Sort of makes me wonder why it is there.  

I don’t think so. I don’t think a pine cone cop is going to write a ticket to 160th SOAR. The USAF SERE school operates outside of its designated area here. Nothing is said, at least not officially. 

And there are different rules for different wilderness areas. The Frank Church wilderness has airstrips within its boundaries.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/scnf/specialplaces/?cid=stelprdb5360033

"Mechanized and motorized equipment is not allowed in Wilderness, this includes bicycles, carts and boat motors. Hangliders are prohibited in order to preserve the aesthetic value of wilderness. Hunting and fishing are allowed under State regulations. Commercial guides and outfitters authorized by special use permits are also allowed, as is access to private land, administrations and operations of valid mining claims. Grazing of domestic livestock under permit is allowed."

"Boating is allowed on the Salmon and Middle Fork of the Salmon and some tributaries, under a permit system. Party sizes are controlled and Leave No Trace techniques are required.

General backcountry visitation is allowed with a maximum party size of 20 and a length of stay up to 14 days.

Stock use is allowed with a maximum party size of 20 and 20 head of stock.

Jet boats are allowed on the Salmon River.

Continued use of established airfields is allowed."

18 minutes ago, hiflier said:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/scnf/specialplaces/?cid=stelprdb5360033

"Mechanized and motorized equipment is not allowed in Wilderness, this includes bicycles, carts and boat motors. Hangliders are prohibited in order to preserve the aesthetic value of wilderness. Hunting and fishing are allowed under State regulations. Commercial guides and outfitters authorized by special use permits are also allowed, as is access to private land, administrations and operations of valid mining claims. Grazing of domestic livestock under permit is allowed."

"Boating is allowed on the Salmon and Middle Fork of the Salmon and some tributaries, under a permit system. Party sizes are controlled and Leave No Trace techniques are required.

General backcountry visitation is allowed with a maximum party size of 20 and a length of stay up to 14 days.

Stock use is allowed with a maximum party size of 20 and 20 head of stock.

Jet boats are allowed on the Salmon River.

Continued use of established airfields is allowed."

The Selway Bitter root wilderness has airfields as well.

https://gemairflights.com/idaho-backcountry/

My buddy did contact the fish and game and they told him they had no knowledge of it and the same with forest service. I don't know who in those organizations he talked to. I talked to some of the Oregon State Police who work as game patrols and they said that it may be that they died from some natural cause like a landslide or disease. 

Good enough, sounds like proper follow ups. Waiting on a reply from Dept of Ag and USFS myself....on a different matter. Bureaucracies take time and patience, fortunately I have both.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:12 PM, SWWASAS said:
  • Do you know it is illegal to land an aircraft in a National Forest unless it is a designated airstrip or for an actual search and rescue mission.     That eliminates SAR training as the military has to follow the same rules.      The forest service does not want people cracking up landing in the bush and starting a fire or needing to remove the wreckage.      The exception would be if the area belongs to the military as a training area.    That would be charted on aeronautical charts.     As a matter of fact the area is not only not charted as a training area but I believe where I saw the helicopter was in a wilderness area.    You not only cannot land there but cannot fly below 2000 feet AGL.    That wilderness area is nothing special from the air.    Sort of makes me wonder why it is there.  

well ive seen on two separate occasions what appeared to be some training going with those stealth helicopters.  They never landed.

This is a topic I tend not to get too caught up on. So many BS claims made over the years with very little evidence, which is the norm I guess. Third party stories are fun but they are just that. 

I always found John Mionczynski's experiences when working with the US Forest Service interesting however. These date back to the 70's but shine a light on the attitudes and approach to the 'problem' within his local office. 

Anyone keen to know more check out the the very good interview with Jon on the solid Sasquatch Tracks podcast. Absolutely fascinating stuff from a guy who seems to keep his profile pretty low in BF circles these days.

https://sasquatchtracks.com/2021/12/21/john-mionczynski-the-biologist-and-bigfoot-st-027/

• Upvote 3

On 3/30/2023 at 10:55 AM, MarkGlasgow said:

This is a topic I tend not to get too caught up on. So many BS claims made over the years with very little evidence, which is the norm I guess. Third party stories are fun but they are just that. 

I always found John Mionczynski's experiences when working with the US Forest Service interesting however. These date back to the 70's but shine a light on the attitudes and approach to the 'problem' within his local office. 

Anyone keen to know more check out the the very good interview with Jon on the solid Sasquatch Tracks podcast. Absolutely fascinating stuff from a guy who seems to keep his profile pretty low in BF circles these days.

https://sasquatchtracks.com/2021/12/21/john-mionczynski-the-biologist-and-bigfoot-st-027/

Fascinating guy and really great podcast episode, thanks for the link :-) 

• 3 weeks later...
Admin

OK, now tell us how many went into the parks (known), never came out, and were never found...

Deadliest national parks in America revealed | Fox News

4 hours ago, VAfooter said:

OK, now tell us how many went into the parks (known), never came out, and were never found...

Deadliest national parks in America revealed | Fox News

The geography of Washington State is chaotic. People go missing and some are found and some are not found. Some want to disappear and some want to commit suicide. Humans get too close to natural features and usually die. They are not wearing the proper footwear. IIRC, there was a report on a deceased person, and the comments specifically pointed out wrong footwear. The victim slipped and fell. I think that coroners have a separate category for 'death by selfie' ( over the cliff / falls ). People fall: off of boats,  cliffs, over waterfalls, off of bridges, into rivers, streams, creeks, lakes, ponds, into ice covered bodies of water, crevasses. Get washed out to sea while surf fishing.  Cold water kills and the number of persons in Washington incidents that do not use / have flotation devices is criminal.

Years ago, a skeleton of a Salal picker was found. Never reported missing. The victim was later identified. No foul play.

Depending on the scenario, a 'double investigation' is started. One looks at the event and the second looks at background information as in debt / liabilities and if knee breakers were in the hunt.

Years ago, a guy allegedly did a sport jump out of a helicopter with a 'squirrel suit'. Dark colored fabric, no cell phone, no strobe, no locater beacon. Gone.

In Washington State, I don't get too excited about missing tourists. The internet keyboard warriors go crazy but the investigation takes time to produce the facts.

I wear rubber boots that have an excellent grip.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

yeah, this isn't even missing 411'y but I remember like 20 years ago a guy jumped out of a helicopter in one of those squirrel suits and tried to fly through the cables on the royal gorge bridge.  If i remember the guy got banjo'd on his first attempt to fly through the bridge, his leg hit a cable, sliced it off, and the rest of his body actually did go through the bridge and he splattered on the side of the gorge.  Like an insect hitting a windshield.  

Edited by RedHawk454

I remember camping in southern Colorado in November 2019.  I was near the Colorado/New Mexican border.  Theres a forest road that i was camping off of called FR#663.  Its a 7 mile road in a national forest that goes to a wilderness area at the top where its non motorized only.  Theres a rock formation called V rock that you can climb too.  I'm not saying its the hardest hike but you do ascend at a pretty steep incline just to get to the top.  Then you hike some time and have to crawl, jumo over, get on top of, and over some dead trees to get to the top of v rock.  Once there the scene scenery is hard to beat but I'm surprised not a lot of people have fallen to their deaths.  

No photo description available.No photo description available.

• Upvote 2