So Why Are The Skeptics Obsessed With Bf?

Guest HucksterFoot

The reason I used that particular word is due to the effort to win converts on the part of the hard core skeptics. They are trying to intercept the noobs and turn them to their position before they join the ranks of the proponents. I'm convinced that is why some of them are here.

I liken the skeptical movement to a secular religion. Just my opinion of course.

What's so wrong with trying to use sound logic and reason (that can be supported by the evidence) to rule out as many falsehoods as possible?

Some noobs (as you call them) might find that appealing. Your noob, might already be predisposed to the idea of Bigfoot; so it might be too late lol :] for this skeptical movement conspiracy to intervene.

Ya sure, one can form a consistent logical argument inside their own head without it being true: just add false assumptions/premises and you're good to go. If that includes Bigfoot; so be it. :]

If you want to just choose to believe; then I have nothing to argue with. Plus, Bigfoot might be somewhere; you haven't looked everywhere. If Bigfoot can manifest itself in all shapes, sizes and can hide in cupboards; then I suggest you look behind the peanut butter jar.

Most come here already with an opinion formed. If they change that opinion then that has more to do with their individual preference than a secular movement looking for members.

Guest HucksterFoot

There is a huge difference between being skeptical and being a skeptic. Some folks treat science as a religion and some have become quite evangelical in their thinking. They seem to be on a crusade to make converts of all the "romantics" and make "critical thinkers" of them.

Do they fear young boys and girls and impressionable people being led astray by our fanciful tales?

Fanciful tales used on a Bigfoot forum; never thought I'd see the day. I'm glad science is a process that weeds out tales. :]

Hello boys and girls, its your friendly neighborhood moderator again !!

Umm, realizing its sort of a grey area, and hasn't strayed too far in that direction again, could I still possibly ask a favor?

So that I dont wind up having to edit posts, and upset members, in an effort to keep things headed in the right direction--> could we please avoid using words like evangelical and referring to science as a religion ???

While they may express your opinion of one side of the equation, they have the tendency (even in the recent past) to take the discussion in a direction that it doesnt need to go, and isnt allowed to go, on these boards.

Your kind attention and cooperation is both expected and appreciated !

Thanks ever so much ...

Art

Guest HucksterFoot

Pick door number 1, 2 or 3 to collect your free prize.

Number 1

A not so agreeable Coffee. :)

Cup-of-coffee.jpgbigfoot-make-a-deal.jpg

Number 2

You have won your very own Planetarium. :)

planetarium-1.jpgbigfoot-make-a-deal.jpg

Number 3

NiceKitty-1.jpgbigfoot-make-a-deal.jpg

Awww ... nice Kitty :)

Edited by HucksterFoot

• 5 years later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2011 at 0:39 PM, Guest said:

I wonder with the skeptics on this forum that continually make their points to why they think there is no BF but yet it appears they are obsessed with it as much as any proponant or fan would be and possibly more. They are here everyday using their time and effort and for what? Are they so obessed with it but yet in a denial that they really want it to be real but won't admit it? Feel free to blast me , I don't mind :) The skeptic can't turn a believer to a non-believer and the reverse seems true too.. Just another thread here. Happy Friday Eve and Welcome Fall tomorrow !! Yay

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2011 at 0:42 PM, Guest HairyGreek said:

They aren't skeptics GEARMAN. I have no problem with healthy skepticism. I have an issue with people who's minds are made up on the issue at hand and think everyone else is wrong. They come on here to change minds or argue with people they, frankly, think are deluded (or lying) idiots. I don't care that they do, I just see it as a monumental waste of time and energy better diverted elsewhere.

Plus.They're.Messed.Up.BAD.

• masterbarber locked this topic