Sasquatch "Nest" Question

hiflier

44 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Science has now claimed to have identified the dna of four human species thus far:

Homo Sapien

Homo Neanderthalensis

Homo Denisovan

Homo Heidelbergensis

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/pit-bones-yields-oldest-human-dna/story?id=21093890

Remarkably, a fifth human species (Homo Floresiensis), younger than all the rest except Sapiens, has not yet been identified through dna analysis (coincidence?).

Question:

How did pithecene dna differ from homo dna? Is it possible that it didn't?

We need a expert in primate evolutionary genetics here ASAP ;)

15 hours ago, hiflier said:

We need a expert in primate evolutionary genetics here ASAP ;)

But only one.   If we have two, they will disagree and we'll be right back where we are today without a clear view of "truth."   (They seem a lot like weather forecasters in that sense.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

How true that is, MIB. Would one even show up though? Really doubt it. But we've worked out some of the truth without one coming here, so that's something at least?

Edited by hiflier

15 minutes ago, MIB said:

........(They seem a lot like weather forecasters in that sense.)

True, but that's understandable.

But if you predict sunshine, and it rains, isn't it best to admit that conditions didn't go as you'd thought and it actually rained instead of forever saying that it didn't rain, or that it shouldn't have rained?

Or, worse yet, predict that it will now rain forever unless social attitudes and economic activity changes?

Paleoanthropological theories from the earlier 20th Century should be flexible enough to meld with new technology like dna discoveries. Old Guard defenses can damage future understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
BFF Patron

....There's a lot of data to sort through in this work.  The so called "mammalian" primers I used also sequenced birds, and fish, lots of them.  Unfortunately I know of no readily available software to do this.  Also, the NCBI BLAST results are not eDNA friendly, so relevant data must be extracted through character manipulation of large flat files.   I wrote BASIC programs and also used Excel sorting.  A goal of this work is to develop a simple procedure that can be used by our Community to analyze sequence data from commercial labs. 

@hvhart  Along these procedural lines of dna sequencing and analysis do you know of any proprietary programs or software that looks promising other than your use of BASIC and Excel?  Maybe Chat GPT can be manipulated to help with the hunt, lol! 

Good God I finally made it to the end of that. It was informative, boring and fun at the same time.

With all that was said why can’t the answer be it was built by hoaxers? Meldrum could have been more clear but it seems he pretty much said what it was. I agree with Norse in doubting it’s homo sapien. BF is just different, I don’t see how a breeding population could be the same but clearly different. Feral humans would look like feral humans. 

So obviously the next step would be getting Meldrum and Disotell to admit why they used the wrong words in describing this and torture them till we get the truth! JK of course. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Will said:

So obviously the next step would be getting Meldrum and Disotell to admit why they used the wrong words in describing this and torture them till we get the truth!

The issue I've always had here is that the "we" never happens because that same "we" would never band together to do anything. It's purely nothing more than a pipe dream.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Will said:

Good God I finally made it to the end of that. It was informative, boring and fun at the same time.

With all that was said why can’t the answer be it was built by hoaxers? Meldrum could have been more clear but it seems he pretty much said what it was. I agree with Norse in doubting it’s homo sapien. BF is just different, I don’t see how a breeding population could be the same but clearly different. Feral humans would look like feral humans. 

So obviously the next step would be getting Meldrum and Disotell to admit why they used the wrong words in describing this and torture them till we get the truth! JK of course. 

A good post, hoaxers indeed. Why NOT hoaxers since some brand of genus Homo (Human) was the only "primate" DNA found in the soil samples. The descriptions of that nest location, however, would seem to present that particular Human conclusion with some rather controversial problems.

12 hours ago, Will said:

.........I agree with Norse in doubting it’s homo sapien. BF is just different, I don’t see how a breeding population could be the same but clearly different. Feral humans would look like feral humans.........

Well, first of all, feral humans can have strange appearances as. result of their feral lifestyle.

Secondly, as the Zana story has supposedly proven, rare disorders can greatly affect the appearance of a homo sapien. The combinations of rare disorders and rare feral upbringing can create rare creatures. The Zana stiry doesn't prove that all sasquatch/almasty reports are homo sapien. It proves that a sasquatch/almas story might be a feral human. But, of course, any reasonable research into sasquatchery already dictated that.

Thirdly, the Ketchum theory of hybridization silves the breeding population problem. They can breed with homo sapiens, of which there are no shortage of. This theory also meshes perfectly with the recent science regarding Neanderthal/Denosivan interbreeding with sapiens. It could also result in creatures that look dramatically different that the average Joe walking down the sidewalk in Hoboken, New Jersey...........

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Well, first of all, feral humans can have strange appearances as. result of their feral lifestyle.

Sure but a Sasquatch seems to be much different? Maybe in a couple million years?

Secondly, as the Zana story has supposedly proven, rare disorders can greatly affect the appearance of a homo sapien. The combinations of rare disorders and rare feral upbringing can create rare creatures. The Zana stiry doesn't prove that all sasquatch/almasty reports are homo sapien. It proves that a sasquatch/almas story might be a feral human. But, of course, any reasonable research into sasquatchery already dictated that.

Sure, for a one off

Thirdly, the Ketchum theory of hybridization silves the breeding population problem. They can breed with homo sapiens, of which there are no shortage of. This theory also meshes perfectly with the recent science regarding Neanderthal/Denosivan interbreeding with sapiens. It could also result in creatures that look dramatically different that the average Joe walking down the sidewalk in Hoboken, New Jersey...........

Ok great but you can’t show this and I highly doubt anyone has heard of this. It’s simply not reality. 

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

A good post, hoaxers indeed. Why NOT hoaxers since some brand of genus Homo (Human) was the only "primate" DNA found in the soil samples. The descriptions of that nest location, however, would seem to present that particular Human conclusion with some rather controversial problems.

Looks to me the hoaxers set it up pretty well. They always do.

The point I am trying to introduce is that nest samples taken in 2016 and water samples taken in 2020 shouldn't have been the only attempts mad at determining whether or not some species of Human beyond us modern Humans were the builders. Why haven't there been more samples taken? Or if the have been why haven't we heard. And if the have been then who's sitting on the results? Or is everyone content to close the book on any more discussions on this topic? And if everyone is then is it because they are satisfied with the DNA outcomes, as ambiguous as the seem to be?

These are supposed to be "our" scientists conducting any DNA testing, right? And why did Dr. Mayor send HER Kentucky DNA soil samples that showed Chimps to UC Santa Cruz instead of Dr. Todd Disotell, our very own built-in Sasquatch DNA expert? Why does something always sem to be OFF with this Bigfoot DNA picture  

55 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Why does something always sem to be OFF with this Bigfoot DNA picture  

With Bigfoot in general. My opinion is there are so many hoaxers. 

Meldrum and his friends probably knew what went on with this latest saga, they should have just admitted it.

Edited by Will

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

…….These are supposed to be "our" scientists conducting any DNA testing, right?……..

Seems to me to be under the complete control of the private landowners and the agreements that the Olympic Project have with them. I doubt any of them paid anybody to collect samples or run the dna testing. I think it was done by the scientists interested in the find. Thus “we” have no bearing whatsoever.