Great Places To Search For Bigfoot ?

Guest tracker

This topic gets lost in other threads so maybe we could post some pictures from adventures or share some ideas. I'll start it off with a gem that perhaps is relatively unknown to most. Because not everybody hunts for biggies, not sure why not ?? huh.gif lol smile.gif

First nation reserves are potential hot spots and sanctuaries for the big guys. In most case they are in isolated regions of NA. More than that some have vast tracks of land that sit undisturbed except for a bit of hunting in the fall. With Minimal urban sprawl and logging some of the reserves could be great home bases? Also some of the FN people have great knowledge about the big guys. So be courteous and respectful and they may share some with you or may even teach you something?

However don't search on them without permission from the band! mad.gif

th_DSCF0007-5.jpgth_DSCF0015.jpgth_DSCF0029.jpg

Also on the side some are great places to shop, buy gas and some other things like cigs if your a smoker (no tax) !

Anyways there's many reports that come from some them so maybe it's not such a secret. Perhaps they are just hard to get into for good reason. ?

Okay lets see some of your pics and here some of your ideas?

never give up, Tracker, dry.gif

I like forest preserves and state parks. Cemeteries tend to be good too.

These places have lots of land that isn't generally traveled by people (as they usually stick to trails), may have restricted or no hunting, and often have daylight only hours of operation, so no humans hanging around at night to get in the way. If humans are there at night, they are usually at a campsite around a fire pit.

Even in preserves smaller than 1 sq mile, I have found indications of bigfoot activity; particularly stick and tree structures. When somebody picks up a fallen tree (or breaks it off), and then relocates it and weaves it through some other trees, it was probably a bigfoot. When someone starts putting together a stick deer blind in a place where there is no hunting, it's either a poacher, or a bigfoot.

These places have lots of land that isn't generally traveled by people (as they usually stick to trails), may have restricted or no hunting, and often have daylight only hours of operation, so no humans hanging around at night to get in the way. If humans are there at night, they are usually at a campsite around a fire pit.

Even in preserves smaller than 1 sq mile, I have found indications of bigfoot activity; particularly stick and tree structures. When somebody picks up a fallen tree (or breaks it off), and then relocates it and weaves it through some other trees, it was probably a bigfoot. When someone starts putting together a stick deer blind in a place where there is no hunting, it's either a poacher, or a bigfoot.

Those are good one's. Especially the large parks with no hunting allowed where access to get into the interior is hard to get to. Never searched in cemeteries but if the area behind was bush then sure.

Edited by tracker

I'm looking around in the timberlands where my family has land in mason county washington. Its gated but I have keys so not many people to disturb the big hairy one.

Guest tracker

I'm looking around in the timberlands where my family has land in mason county washington. Its gated but I have keys so not many people to disturb the big hairy one.

From a few reports some of the big guys are spotted near or in towns late at night. So they must be relatively close by in some regions to do that. So you never know? smile.gif

Guest RedRatSnake

Hi

I'll go with ya on State Parks, But Cemeteries seem to be a bit out there, Are you trying to catch a paranormal BF ? ~

Tim :lol:

Here's a few pictures from one of my favorite research spots. A stones throw from a National Forest and borders a 5k acre game preserve. The nearest two-lane highway is 4 miles as the crow flies. I am typically here twice a week. The game preserve is home to only one species Axis deer from India that have been introduced to Texas. My property backs up to it and the owner and I are good friends. She loses lots of deer to predators and currently she is replacing whole sections of 8 foot fence with 10 foot high fence. I asked her why and she told me there have been entire 50 foot sections torn down, engineering stakes bent and 4x4 treated timbers pushed aside and broken at ground level. I asked her if there where ATV or vehicle tracks and she said no. So something/someone could cross over to get to the deer. I wish I had known earlier or I would have tried to get some photos of the damage. I will be keeping a close on the new sections though to see if they meet the same fate. Time to deploy my Reconix again.

This is a one of the old logging roads. Public access to the area is controlled by myself and the other owner.

post-2298-060239200 1317436130_thumb.jpg

Sunset in Lake Creek Bottom. I had walked three miles from the gate down the logging road to get to this spot and walked back out an hour or two later after dark.

post-2298-000675700 1317436375_thumb.jpg

The old cemetery dates back to 1842. It is under fence now to keep the forest from overtaking it. Twice a year we gather to give it a good cleanup, the rest of the time it's deserted...except for me, deer and other "visitors". Deer congregate here, there are large patches that are worn from their resting here nightly.

post-2298-063056600 1317436925_thumb.jpg

With the severe drought it looks like fall in many spots, even some of the large trees are starting to show stress.

post-2298-025614800 1317437247_thumb.jpg

I have been putting out water jugs with screw type lids, I was inspired by another thread on the forum to try water as a gift. I sat for awhile taking the lid on and off and sipping water, then I left two one gallon jugs by this concrete block. The jugs are now gone, but they left one of the lids behind. The soil is like talc since it's so dry, I had no luck finding any prints where definitive, although next to the block there is a small planter box with 4x4 timbers. I think they may have stepped on those and reached for the water. I have now moved the cinder block farther away, so we will see.

post-2298-064854600 1317437584_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what could have made this impression, I have no idea what it is I am even looking at, but I found it peculiar since there was nothing else around it. If I had to guess I would say a small animal may have given itself a dirt bath here to help void parasites.

post-2298-098305100 1317437853_thumb.jpg

Anyway just a few to show you what my neck of the woods is like : )

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest tracker

Here's a few pictures from one of my favorite research spots. A stones throw from a National Forest and borders a 5k acre game preserve. The nearest two-lane highway is 4 miles as the crow flies. I am typically here twice a week. The game preserve is home to only one species Axis deer from India that have been introduced to Texas. My property backs up to it and the owner and I are good friends. She loses lots of deer to predators and currently she is replacing whole sections of 8 foot fence with 10 foot high fence. I asked her why and she told me there have been entire 50 foot sections torn down, engineering stakes bent and 4x4 treated timbers pushed aside and broken at ground level. I asked her if there where ATV or vehicle tracks and she said no. So something/someone could cross over to get to the deer. I wish I had known earlier or I would have tried to get some photos of the damage. I will be keeping a close on the new sections though to see if they meet the same fate. Time to deploy my Reconix again.

This is a one of the old logging roads. Public access to the area is controlled by myself and the other owner.

post-2298-060239200 1317436130_thumb.jpg

Sunset in Lake Creek Bottom. I had walked three miles from the gate down the logging road to get to this spot and walked back out an hour or two later after dark.

post-2298-000675700 1317436375_thumb.jpg

The old cemetery dates back to 1842. It is under fence now to keep the forest from overtaking it. Twice a year we gather to give it a good cleanup, the rest of the time it's deserted...except for me, deer and other "visitors". Deer congregate here, there are large patches that are worn from their resting here nightly.

post-2298-063056600 1317436925_thumb.jpg

With the severe drought it looks like fall in many spots, even some of the large trees are starting to show stress.

post-2298-025614800 1317437247_thumb.jpg

I have been putting out water jugs with screw type lids, I was inspired by another thread on the forum to try water as a gift. I sat for awhile taking the lid on and off and sipping water, then I left two one gallon jugs by this concrete block. The jugs are now gone, but they left one of the lids behind. The soil is like talc since it's so dry, I had no luck finding any prints where definitive, although next to the block there is a small planter box with 4x4 timbers. I think they may have stepped on those and reached for the water. I have now moved the cinder block farther away, so we will see.

post-2298-064854600 1317437584_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what could have made this impression, I have no idea what it is I am even looking at, but I found it peculiar since there was nothing else around it. If I had to guess I would say a small animal may have given itself a dirt bath here to help void parasites.

post-2298-098305100 1317437853_thumb.jpg

Anyway just a few to show you what my neck of the woods is like : )

Very interesting, I would be tempted to join you if i lived down there. I don't think i could take the heat in the summer months.

Hey does Texas have any bears or critters strong enough to do that besides human poachers?

SSR Team

The Trinity Alps Wilderness Area in CA

The Quinault Indian Reservation on the Olympic Peninsula in WA

The Detroit Lake area in OR

SE Alaska & more specifically, Prince of Wales Island ( & for the record i was harping on about that place long before the FBF Show..;) )

The Gifford Pinchott National Forest in WA, & more specifically the Indian Heaven Wilderness area..

There we go, i said it.. :)

Very interesting, I would be tempted to join you if i lived down there. I don't think i could take the heat in the summer months.

Hey does Texas have any bears or critters strong enough to do that besides human poachers?

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife their is a black bear population here....but in my lifetime I have not seen one in this particular area and neither has a good friend who's a game warden. There are reports that Jaguar are moving back into the south, coming up through Mexico, my grandfather told me when he was a young men they where fairly common, but had been exterminated. Aside from those two the only resident predators would be wolf, coyote, or possibly cougar (we call them panthers down here)

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest tracker

The Trinity Alps Wilderness Area in CA

The Quinault Indian Reservation on the Olympic Peninsula in WA

The Detroit Lake area in OR

SE Alaska & more specifically, Prince of Wales Island ( & for the record i was harping on about that place long before the FBF Show..;) )

The Gifford Pinchott National Forest in WA, & more specifically the Indian Heaven Wilderness area..

There we go, i said it.. :)

You see Bob that didn't hurt after all smile.gif So where do you live again WA ? Both WA and OR are great places to search. Alaska has many big browns a person needs to consider when researching. Are they a factor in your neck of the woods? and ya cougars too and the bigger Black bears you guys seem to have in the PNW. Jeez this is a dangerous hobby when you think about it ? blink.gif lol

tracker dry.gif

Guest tracker

Bears can push and shove their way in but usually there's lots of signs of that. The other critters go around or over without a trace except maybe a bit of fur on fence or prints. So you got a good mystery there. Keep us updated!

Edited by tracker

Hi Tracker. This is my information on where BF is not. (I think anyway) I'm here in Northern IL. I have read on the report sections, as many as I could find anyway where BF was sighted that was kind of close to where I am. There were three of them. One was in Walworth County, WI on Lake Geneva WI. The first photo is Bigfoot State Park. It's the only campground on the lake. I camped there last week and took a look around after I was diving. It's small, and a few small deer were running around. Not much for a food source. But, that doesn't mean there isn't anywhere else for shelter and food. The area to my house (south west) and north from this park to Minnesota could be gotten to easily and under cover. It's all farmland and woods.

Ok, so the second place I saw a report was in Dixon IL, on the Rock River. I go to Dixon all the time on Rt 2, where the BF was spotted. A person could walk and not be seen on Rt 2 all the way North to Rockford IL on that road and not be seen. It's 30 some miles. Rt 2 is a scenic road and pretty wilderness, farms, and woods. It's a beautiful drive. Lots of deer and animal life. Which brings me to my next point of a BF not here.

So, the Rock River goes from Dixon IL, north through Rockford, and all the way north to me here in Rockton, IL and flows to the Pecatonica River here which is really wild in areas, farms, and woods. (PS< the river flows south. I'm just backtracking the sighting to me going north) The deer are plentiful in this area. The Pec runs over to more forest preserves, one called Sugar River Forest preserve which is larger than the Hononegah one I live 3 blocks from. It's a 200+ acre Forest preserve. Quite small. Lots of deer, maybe 100 of them and they run around everyones lawn here and tear it up in the fall and winter searching for food. To my point.

I went to Hononegah the other day, and took some photos. I saw a bunch of bent down trees. I took some photos for this posting you have here, to show natural (as far as I know anyway) formations when the trees fall. I see a lot of photos on BF searching that show this, and I know there are real bent down trees that were done from something, rather than nature. But, here are photos to see and maybe compare to other peoples when they say there are BF in the area, and maybe there aren't. The first photo from that are two trees bent over in front of the trail off the bridge in the Forest Preserve. The trees were still living and the tops were under the large fallen one. This is a natural fall etc. I looked for prints and nothing. Not that there were none, but, I think this is a very natural fall and bent trees. There are many of these in the preserve and no indication of a non natural force doing it. (in my opinion anyway) The ends were under the tree that had fallen.

The next picture is a bridge there that I am going to metal detect under and in the water. I looked for any kind of footprints and only saw deer ones and racoon and some little tiny mice ones and birds. This park is used by a lot of walkers, but they stay on the path. Lots of fisherman go here too. But, the creek under the bridge, no one usually goes under there that I know of anyway. My point here being. I think closer inspection of trees being bent for real sightings in this area would have to be looked at before saying something walked through here or is living here in the area. Hononegah is full of bent trees here. I looked for the teepee formations, and didn't see a thing. I'm going to get more photos of natural formations here. Maybe start a record of them. We get lots of tornado type winds here that knock stuff over and there are a lot of tree branches stuck in trees up high here. So, I'm a no bigfoot area so far. But, maybe a traveling through area from the reports I read.

About three years ago, I had my windows open during the summer, and heard a very loud scream like a woman. I was a nervous wreck because I thought someone was getting killed. I went outside to listen closer and didn't hear it again. I waited for sirens and cops, but nothing. It was loud. I've been listening to the screams of BF on here, and other sites, and it was close. Real close. Like I said. I'm three blocks from the forest preserve. I'll keep my eyes peeled now that I think I know what I'm looking for.

The third report was in Winnebago County, Rockford IL on the Kishwaukee River. That is not far from me at all. Maybe 20 miles.

I do think maybe this area could be a throughfare route maybe from south to north, just because of the random sightings in the area, and the area I live at would connect the the dots and go up to Minnesota to canada. Just a thought anyway....

I can get more pictures of downed trees and weird formations if you guys are interested in 'not bigfoot area'.

post-2246-039987200 1317644034_thumb.jpg

post-2246-084543900 1317645173_thumb.jpg

post-2246-072257000 1317646004_thumb.jpg

Edited by gail

Guest tracker

Hi Tracker. This is my information on where BF is not. (I think anyway) I'm here in Northern IL. I have read on the report sections, as many as I could find anyway where BF was sighted that was kind of close to where I am. There were three of them. One was in Walworth County, WI on Lake Geneva WI. The first photo is Bigfoot State Park. It's the only campground on the lake. I camped there last week and took a look around after I was diving. It's small, and a few small deer were running around. Not much for a food source. But, that doesn't mean there isn't anywhere else for shelter and food. The area to my house (south west) and north from this park to Minnesota could be gotten to easily and under cover. It's all farmland and woods.

Ok, so the second place I saw a report was in Dixon IL, on the Rock River. I go to Dixon all the time on Rt 2, where the BF was spotted. A person could walk and not be seen on Rt 2 all the way North to Rockford IL on that road and not be seen. It's 30 some miles. Rt 2 is a scenic road and pretty wilderness, farms, and woods. It's a beautiful drive. Lots of deer and animal life. Which brings me to my next point of a BF not here.

So, the Rock River goes from Dixon IL, north through Rockford, and all the way north to me here in Rockton, IL and flows to the Pecatonica River here which is really wild in areas, farms, and woods. (PS< the river flows south. I'm just backtracking the sighting to me going north) The deer are plentiful in this area. The Pec runs over to more forest preserves, one called Sugar River Forest preserve which is larger than the Hononegah one I live 3 blocks from. It's a 200+ acre Forest preserve. Quite small. Lots of deer, maybe 100 of them and they run around everyones lawn here and tear it up in the fall and winter searching for food. To my point.

I went to Hononegah the other day, and took some photos. I saw a bunch of bent down trees. I took some photos for this posting you have here, to show natural (as far as I know anyway) formations when the trees fall. I see a lot of photos on BF searching that show this, and I know there are real bent down trees that were done from something, rather than nature. But, here are photos to see and maybe compare to other peoples when they say there are BF in the area, and maybe there aren't. The first photo from that are two trees bent over in front of the trail off the bridge in the Forest Preserve. The trees were still living and the tops were under the large fallen one. This is a natural fall etc. I looked for prints and nothing. Not that there were none, but, I think this is a very natural fall and bent trees. There are many of these in the preserve and no indication of a non natural force doing it. (in my opinion anyway) The ends were under the tree that had fallen.

The next picture is a bridge there that I am going to metal detect under and in the water. I looked for any kind of footprints and only saw deer ones and racoon and some little tiny mice ones and birds. This park is used by a lot of walkers, but they stay on the path. Lots of fisherman go here too. But, the creek under the bridge, no one usually goes under there that I know of anyway. My point here being. I think closer inspection of trees being bent for real sightings in this area would have to be looked at before saying something walked through here or is living here in the area. Hononegah is full of bent trees here. I looked for the teepee formations, and didn't see a thing. I'm going to get more photos of natural formations here. Maybe start a record of them. We get lots of tornado type winds here that knock stuff over and there are a lot of tree branches stuck in trees up high here. So, I'm a no bigfoot area so far. But, maybe a traveling through area from the reports I read.

About three years ago, I had my windows open during the summer, and heard a very loud scream like a woman. I was a nervous wreck because I thought someone was getting killed. I went outside to listen closer and didn't hear it again. I waited for sirens and cops, but nothing. It was loud. I've been listening to the screams of BF on here, and other sites, and it was close. Real close. Like I said. I'm three blocks from the forest preserve. I'll keep my eyes peeled now that I think I know what I'm looking for.

The third report was in Winnebago County, Rockford IL on the Kishwaukee River. That is not far from me at all. Maybe 20 miles.

I do think maybe this area could be a throughfare route maybe from south to north, just because of the random sightings in the area, and the area I live at would connect the the dots and go up to Minnesota to canada. Just a thought anyway....

I can get more pictures of downed trees and weird formations if you guys are interested in 'not bigfoot area'.

Jeez where's should to start? biggrin.gif

Hey great post and nice pic's ! were those trees snapped in the middle a bit? There's a Bigfoot state park in WI. cool

That south to north route into Minnesota you mentioned is possible if there's already sightings. I don't think distance is a problem for them. As long as there's food, water and lots of cover that links to wilderness areas. Also many have reported screams and other sounds and activity very close to residential areas. I had a thread going call Bigfoot in Your Backyard or something like that. I used to be surprised at some of the locations where some these reports are based. Some have seen them dumpster diving on the edge of cities and taking strolls late at night through small towns. Gail you never know where they could be?

So don't give up the hunt people because you don't live near mountains or a national park. In fact they may be easier to find in the in the lower less rugged areas than the Rockies IMO.

Sorry if i missed anything, also it's great that you like diving Gail! wink.gif

I wish our CAF had seal training. But i think we would freeze up here trying that. lol biggrin.gif

JMO Tracker dry.gif

SSR Team

You see Bob that didn't hurt after all smile.gif So where do you live again WA ? Both WA and OR are great places to search. Alaska has many big browns a person needs to consider when researching. Are they a factor in your neck of the woods? and ya cougars too and the bigger Black bears you guys seem to have in the PNW. Jeez this is a dangerous hobby when you think about it ? blink.gif lol

tracker dry.gif

T, in my neck of the Woods, the biggest problem we have is not with the Mammals, but the Malayan Pit Vipers, the Cobra's etc etc etc..;)

I live in SE Asia, but i vacation a lot and will be in the US full time sooner rather than later hopefully.. :D

& actually T, that part of Alaska thta i'm talking about ( Prince of Wales Island specifically ) doesn't actually have the Brown Bears believe it or not.. :)

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=brownbear.rangemap