Great Places To Search For Bigfoot ?

Guest tracker

Guest Primate

I did too untill I read up on them a bit. Appearantly pound for pound the most athletic of big cats..BTW thank you for your Enoch comments

And back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Guest tracker

Would i be right in saying though that you could actually fight the Cougar & come out on top ??

I say that as i have seen them in Zoo's & didn't think they was that big really & Cats have never really struck me as the bravest of Animals, the bigger one's maybe but like i said i didn't think Cougars were actually that big when i've seen them in Zoo's & i thought they were definately " doable ". :D

& it doesn't look like Cougar numbers are down to me T, in WA anyway..

http://wdfw.wa.gov/l...=&submit=SEARCH

Me or just people in general Bob? I had a stare down with one once in my younger days. No ambush opportunity so it buggered off after a bit. Anyways hunters have survived attacks before. Unarmed people especially woman and children don't fare so well i am afraid. dry.gif

Guest tracker

I did too untill I read up on them a bit. Appearantly pound for pound the most athletic of big cats..BTW thank you for your Enoch comments

And back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Off topic I've not read Enoch, i can't find it up here on the shelf. What's the scoop? non fiction? Anything in there i could use in the field?

thanks. smile.gif

I like forest preserves and state parks. Cemeteries tend to be good too.

These places have lots of land that isn't generally traveled by people (as they usually stick to trails), may have restricted or no hunting, and often have daylight only hours of operation, so no humans hanging around at night to get in the way. If humans are there at night, they are usually at a campsite around a fire pit.

Even in preserves smaller than 1 sq mile, I have found indications of bigfoot activity; particularly stick and tree structures. When somebody picks up a fallen tree (or breaks it off), and then relocates it and weaves it through some other trees, it was probably a bigfoot. When someone starts putting together a stick deer blind in a place where there is no hunting, it's either a poacher, or a bigfoot.

Glad you mentioned cemeteries. Not many BF'ers do. And you are right, especially if the cemetery adjoins an old church that is still being used, and stands alone in what was at one time a small rural settlement that is now timberland.

Guest TooRisky

Would i be right in saying though that you could actually fight the Cougar & come out on top ??

I say that as i have seen them in Zoo's & didn't think they was that big really & Cats have never really struck me as the bravest of Animals, the bigger one's maybe but like i said i didn't think Cougars were actually that big when i've seen them in Zoo's & i thought they were definately " doable ". :D

& it doesn't look like Cougar numbers are down to me T, in WA anyway..

http://wdfw.wa.gov/l...=&submit=SEARCH

Below is a link to a cougar hunting guide service in WA... The point is to show size comparisons of humans and cougars... Understand a cougar is a very big cat and you can compare a common house cat to a cougar, with the cougar being 10 to 20 times the size and power... They also share attitudes in hunting and stalking in which they go into a tunnel vision effect with the prey foremost in their minds... Now if memory serves me right healthy cougars will not consider humans as prey, but as they age and their health deminishes it is then that humans may enter the food chain for them... As for fighting off a cougar it is not unheard of, like in nature there are simply attacks that fail for what ever reason... The best factor in surviving an attack is fight for your life while protecting your throat, also hike in numbers and in the daylight hours will up your odds in cougar country.

http://www.bearpawoutfitters.com/washington_cougar_hunting.html

The one that attacked a mountain biker in Orange County about 8 years ago, the day I was at Whiting Ranch, was a healthy young male. He probably hadn't established his territory yet. He killed an adult man and almost killed a young woman a couple of hours after I walked by. He was chased away by three people. It took getting hit by a large rock to drive him off. He apparently just saw an opportunity and took it. My brother Jim saw one that wouldn't let this guy back on the road. He was sizing him up for lunch until the second human, my brother, just happened to arrive. The odds of someone else arriving in that place is slim by the way. He was lucky. That was at Silverado Canyon which is probably 4 miles from the other attack. I think even adult males don't like to attack people unless they surprise them. I doubt an adult would do it unless it was desperate but a young one, especially males, that was learning to hunt and take care of itself might.

The only places I went actually looking for Bigfoot were at Bluff Creek and Oregon Caves. I went to some places in the Sierra that had sightings but the main reasons I went up there was just to be in the wilderness. In the Bluff Creek area, I would try to get to some of the very inaccessible places. It is hard to tell from the air but I think this was one of my favorite spots to camp. It looks like they had a fire there. 41.576941, -123.685283 It is an extremely remote area. There are a bunch of good places by Bluff Creek when the roads are open. My goal was to get to as remote a place as possible. I would spend hours staring out into the wilderness from some vantage point with a view if possible. We used to spot hundreds of elk and other animals that way with the spotting scope.

Guest tracker

The one that attacked a mountain biker in Orange County about 8 years ago, the day I was at Whiting Ranch, was a healthy young male. He probably hadn't established his territory yet. He killed an adult man and almost killed a young woman a couple of hours after I walked by. He was chased away by three people. It took getting hit by a large rock to drive him off. He apparently just saw an opportunity and took it. My brother Jim saw one that wouldn't let this guy back on the road. He was sizing him up for lunch until the second human, my brother, just happened to arrive. The odds of someone else arriving in that place is slim by the way. He was lucky. That was at Silverado Canyon which is probably 4 miles from the other attack. I think even adult males don't like to attack people unless they surprise them. I doubt an adult would do it unless it was desperate but a young one, especially males, that was learning to hunt and take care of itself might.

The only places I went actually looking for Bigfoot were at Bluff Creek and Oregon Caves. I went to some places in the Sierra that had sightings but the main reasons I went up there was just to be in the wilderness. In the Bluff Creek area, I would try to get to some of the very inaccessible places. It is hard to tell from the air but I think this was one of my favorite spots to camp. It looks like they had a fire there. 41.576941, -123.685283 It is an extremely remote area. There are a bunch of good places by Bluff Creek when the roads are open. My goal was to get to as remote a place as possible. I would spend hours staring out into the wilderness from some vantage point with a view if possible. We used to spot hundreds of elk and other animals that way with the spotting scope.

I can see them seizing an ambush opportunity of picking one or two hikers off. Do you have any pictures from Bluff Creek and Oregon Caves you can post in here? That would be great!

Because there is another thread about Finding Bigfoot or Animal Planet scouting in Saltville, VA, I will add to this thread by saying that the Saltville/Chilhowie area would be among my top places to hunt for BF here in VA...Looks like a good place to find these things in transit from several national forest areas...Low concentration of people, etc...

SSR Team

Do you have any pictures from Bluff Creek and Oregon Caves you can post in here? That would be great!

I got lots of everything on here T, of Bluff Creek & the Klamath River, & the Trinity Alps also viewed from Bald Hills Road on the Yurok Reservation in CA, Washington including St Helens, Rainier, the GP Forest, Olympic Peninsula, Oregon, other parts of California, lots & lots..;)

http://www.panoramio.com/user/3818462

Guest tracker

I got lots of everything on here T, of Bluff Creek & the Klamath River, & the Trinity Alps also viewed from Bald Hills Road on the Yurok Reservation in CA, Washington including St Helens, Rainier, the GP Forest, Olympic Peninsula, Oregon, other parts of California, lots & lots..;)

http://www.panoramio.com/user/3818462

Those are all your pics Bob? nice.

Speaking of Bluff Creek what a fitting place to end the debate about existence. If i lived in CA I would ensure Patterson and Gimlin had their day in the sun. In fact Gimlin and Dr. Meldrum would be the only ones i would bring in. And some of Rogers family members of course. John Green could handle the media end of things. And of course there would be lots of cooked crow at the buffet dinner latter on available. wink.gif

Edited by tracker

SSR Team

All mine T yeah.. :thumbsup:

Hi

I'll go with ya on State Parks, But Cemeteries seem to be a bit out there, Are you trying to catch a paranormal BF ? ~

Tim :lol:

Actually, was watching one of those ghost hunter type shows yesterday just because it was a slow TV day and at least 2 cemetaries mentioned on one of them, can't remember the locations had Sasquatch type activity being attributed to spirits.

Pairs of glowing red orbs high off the ground, flying rocks, strange howls.

There is a mass grave near one of the areas I keep an eye out for activity in after a possible encounter, and I've heard a lot of locals talk about howling noises that sound like the Damned comming from the area.

SSR Team

Below is a link to a cougar hunting guide service in WA... The point is to show size comparisons of humans and cougars... Understand a cougar is a very big cat and you can compare a common house cat to a cougar, with the cougar being 10 to 20 times the size and power... They also share attitudes in hunting and stalking in which they go into a tunnel vision effect with the prey foremost in their minds... Now if memory serves me right healthy cougars will not consider humans as prey, but as they age and their health deminishes it is then that humans may enter the food chain for them... As for fighting off a cougar it is not unheard of, like in nature there are simply attacks that fail for what ever reason... The best factor in surviving an attack is fight for your life while protecting your throat, also hike in numbers and in the daylight hours will up your odds in cougar country.

http://www.bearpawoutfitters.com/washington_cougar_hunting.html

Yeah i got you now, that's a much better perspective for me, thanks 2R..

The Cougar now goes up there on a Par to the Bears for me, but i'm ready for them if the time comes... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tracker

No one else talks about these areas so I will. Wetlands & marshes are potential gold mines for finding prints and for Bf activity. Sure they are kinda difficult to search in But if you can you canoe through or hike the perimeter you find something for your efforts. Florida is not the only place where the big Apes like to stomp around in the swamps.

DSCF0186.jpg

So pull on your muckers and go check out the abundant wildlife in the wetland areas.

T wink.gif