Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

I don't know the current position of Dr Meldrum on this. I personally don't think Loren Coleman's opinion belongs in the same sentence as Dr Meldrum's... yet I understand it's difficult for either of them to change their opinion once stated.

It would mean admitting they were wrong. IMO, and as much as I respect Rick Knoll, I still don't think it's a BF imprint.

Not meant as an attack, but when I refer to being a "cult", two tough questions:

Why does Meldrum seem to always get a free pass as if his word is infallible?

What has Mr. Noll done other than skookum that has produced any potential evidence.

I struggle to see these two gents as anyone other than just two more seeking an answer like th rest of us.

Guest RedRatSnake

There is just no out right clear evidence that it was a

BF, to many if's and guessing, this is the type of stuff

that makes the BF thing look silly, if it aint a known

animal it has too be a BF, Thanks BFRO

Tim

Guest Cervelo

First time I've seen that pic. No doubt in my mind now.... elk wallow.... but really hasn't this been beat enough? Oh yeah it's an elk lay almost forgot!

Never mind that elk pieces didn't fit or that elk place their feet under themselves in order to get up. The hair flow doesn't fit elk either.

For a really good clear picture see Chris Murphy's Meet the Sasquatch. Details Meldrum, Noll and Swindler talked about really pop out. I've posted scans but they just don't have the resolution of Rick Noll's printed photo.

Jimmy Chilcutt found patterns on the heel cast he was sent that correspond to other casts he finds authentic.

Its an elk lay and the only ones who think that it isnt are those who have their reputations tied up in it being otherwise or their followers. It's time to start asking questions and not being a cult.

"The answer is x and whoever thinks otherwise is (negative description)."

Excellent recipe for civilized discourse! Since you know everything, why are you only blessing the Bigfoot community with your absolutes? The entire world could benefit from your pearls of wisdom! Start with Washington -_-

if it aint a known

animal it has too be a BF, Thanks BFRO

Tim

Bingo, not part of the cult, but happy to profit from it, problem number two.

Never mind that elk pieces didn't fit or that elk place their feet under themselves in order to get up. The hair flow doesn't fit elk either.

For a really good clear picture see Chris Murphy's Meet the Sasquatch. Details Meldrum, Noll and Swindler talked about really pop out. I've posted scans but they just don't have the resolution of Rick Noll's printed photo.

Jimmy Chilcutt found patterns on the heel cast he was sent that correspond to other casts he finds authentic.

Meldrum: In it for the money

Noll: What proof does his rep hang onto other than skookum?

obvious motive to ignore the point it's an elk lay.

"The answer is x and whoever thinks otherwise is (negative description)."

Excellent recipe for civilized discourse! Since you know everything, why are you only blessing the Bigfoot community with your absolutes? The entire world could benefit from your pearls of wisdom! Start with Washington -_-

I dont know everything, I'm just not a slave to the cult-think that has been stinking things bigfoot up lately, but I guess that makes me an evil skeptic, even though I'm open minded, just not a blind believer.

Or it might be possible that some people ACTUALLY have a differing opinion from yours... If you haven't learned it yet, now would be a great time to accept this difficult fact of life.

Or it might be possible that some people ACTUALLY have a differing opinion from yours... If you haven't learned it yet, now would be a great time to accept this difficult fact of life.

I'll go out on a limb and suspect you believe in the jacobs photo as well as anything other than a bear. If so, I know all I need to.

I'll go out on a limb and suspect you believe in the jacobs photo as well as anything other than a bear. If so, I know all I need to.

My opinion on the Jacobs photo will give you everything you need to know about me? That's heavy.

*gulp*

ahhhh... ahhhhhh...

I think it's a person in a bear suit.

Guest HairyGreek

I dont know everything, I'm just not a slave to the cult-think that has been stinking things bigfoot up lately, but I guess that makes me an evil skeptic, even though I'm open minded, just not a blind believer.

I'm starting to miss para ape...

So do you also believe the BFRO is in with the Fed? Should we get Alex Jones to watch out for this "bigfoot cult" thingie?

Edited by HairyGreek

Since both are members here you might want to review the R&G.

Recent comment from Dr. Meldrum regarding another subject but applicable here, I think:

“Tell Benjamin that unless he has at least looked into the facts of a new event, he should hold his peace, to put it politely. As I have criticized him before — he needs to learn to discriminate between the academics who are trying to go about this rationally and the amateur enthusiasts collectively, which encompasses a wide spectrum of reliability. ..."

http://www.cryptomun...iberia-meldrum/

I think the elk lay "experts" ignore the enormous amount of work that went into determining just what the impression is and how it was made. Cliff Crook, e.g., pronounced it an elk lay without ever seeing it and Dr. Daelging included Crook's opinion in his book - also without ever seeing it.

<fixed typo>

Edited by LAL

I think the elk lay "experts" ignore the enormous amount of work that went into determining just what the impression is and how it was made. Cliff Crook, e.g., pronounced it an elk lay without ever seeing it and Dr. Daelging included Crook's opinion in his book - also without ever seeing it.

Cult, indeed.

Guest RedRatSnake

Hi

Just to keep it from getting too flamed here,

according to sources on the net,

the known Elk population in Washington State. is around

55,000 ~ The BF population is 0

Tim :)

• masterbarber unpinned this topic