Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

...elk expert Dr. Anton Roblewski...

I don't believe Dr. Wroblewski ever called himself an elk expert, but I may be mistaken. I certainly wouldn't refer to him as an elk expert.

How goes the Massacre Theory, sierra?

How does that have anything whatsoever to do with the Skookum cast?

Apparently that's the whole cast. How does an even larger elk help your case?

Larger elk, larger wrist.

RayG

I don't believe Dr. Wroblewski ever called himself an elk expert, but I may be mistaken. I certainly wouldn't refer to him as an elk expert.

How does that have anything whatsoever to do with the Skookum cast?

Larger elk, larger wrist.

RayG

I'm not so worried about the wrist size unless its too small. Elk wallow around a lot on the ground, and this impression shows movement. I'd be more likely to check things like length between wrist and knee marks or wrist and hoof marks. Sometimes the hoof prints can also give an idea of the size of the elk.

Didn't do what?

Rick Noll experimented with legs from a 650 lb. elk. They didn't fit. See page 119.

ETA: Sorry, Mark. I copied & pasted from Bigfoot Encounters.

Edited by LAL

Rick Noll experimented with legs from a 650 lb. elk. They didn't fit. See page 119.

Pretty bogus comparison IMHO. He could've used a much smaller one and rolled it around a little to make the size right. Do you think the elk just plopped its wrist down there and carefully removed it as to leave the smallest impression it could? Or perhaps the elk wallowed around a little bit and ate a couple apples. Call me crazy for thinking that! He also I guess doesn't acknowledge that elk can roll or wallow. Perhaps it is his theory that only bigfoot can roll or wallow.

This diagram posted on the BFRO seems bogus as well. How do you make that impression as a person or bigfoot? I really want to see someone do this roll demonstration, or a valid diagram of it and the pose the figure had to be in to make such an impression.

clean_cast_guide7.jpg

Perhaps someone can show how this can be done even? Didn't you mention you tried something similar once before? mark off your impressions? Could be an interesting experiment for someone. Are there any demonstrations of this online? I've seen the BFRO graphics and they fail to show anything about how the subject wouldve gotten there, or left the mud area, much less how the impressions themselves were made. Bogus.

Edited by 127

Try belly crawling. There's at least one account of a juvenile sasquatch approaching food in this manner. Did you watch the video with Rick Noll demonstrating the possible position? I'm not about to mark up my hardwood floor and I no longer have the instructions.

I really wish you'd do some research on this and not just believe every skeptical argument that comes down the pike. Did you read the page I suggested?

Try belly crawling. There's at least one account of a juvenile sasquatch approaching food in this manner. Did you watch the video with Rick Noll demonstrating the possible position? I'm not about to mark up my hardwood floor and I no longer have the instructions.

I really wish you'd do some research on this and not just believe every skeptical argument that comes down the pike. Did you read the page I suggested?

Where are the belly crawl marks? Its mud. How did the sasquatch get into that position without leaving any entry or exit marks? Can anyone explain how the sasquatch allegedly made the impression and performed this roll or crawl? Where are the impressions from those? (a lot of questions with empty answers)

Meanwhile, there are elk prints leading up to and going away from the impression. I've done plenty of research on this. Enough to conclusively show it was made by an elk. Yes I read the page you suggested. (and replied accordingly above)

If the BFF1 archives are ever retrieved The Official Skookum Cast thread answers the questions. Owen Caddy spent many hours examining the original cast. Like Schaller he has a lot of experience with higher primates.

The elk tracks were older and are not related to the impression; they were transiting. Remember, the mudhole was right by a road. That's the possible entrance and exit. The ground around the mud was frozen. I can envision a 9' primate scooting (multiple heel strikes), sitting and rolling onto firmer ground.

Check out some of these moves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH6sPEE1hLE

Where are the marks of an elk rolling out of the impression?

If the BFF1 archives are ever retrieved The Official Skookum Cast thread answers the questions. Owen Caddy spent many hours examining the original cast. Like Schaller he has a lot of experience with higher primates.

The elk tracks were older and are not related to the impression; they were transiting. Remember, the mudhole was right by a road. That's the possible entrance and exit. The ground around the mud was frozen. I can envision a 9' primate scooting (multiple heel strikes), sitting and rolling onto firmer ground.

Check out some of these moves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH6sPEE1hLE

Where are the marks of an elk rolling out of the impression?

We've gone back and forth and I get it - nothing will convince you otherwise. The elk did not "roll out of the impression." It appears that it moved around a little while on the ground (perhaps while eating the apples) then it stood up and left. The marks on the ground should be enough to show what happened - but apparently bias sets those things into oblivion. Thank you for the lively discussion though.

skookumelkprintscopy.jpg

Edited by 127

In the interests of saving bandwidth until the new server solves all our problems please only include the relevant parts of the quote, not the whole thing. When there's no intervening post there's no need to quote at all. There are requests about this from the Chief Admin and others somewhere on the forum. I'm getting a lot of errors and blank pages tonight.

If the elk didn't roll out onto firmer ground how did it get up without leaving hoofprints in the middle of the impression?

This works too but in the "final" analysis the purported sasquatch sat and ate the fruit:

Sideimpression.jpg

Note the bootprint.

Did you read the whole chapter?

Note to Ray: I'm sure you know what I was getting at. :ph34r:

If the elk didn't roll out onto firmer ground how did it get up without leaving hoofprints in the middle of the impression?

Do you think that is the only way an elk can stand? (leaving prints in the middle of the impression?)

Inasmuch as I'm not a bowhunter I've never seen one spring forth from its wrists. Please explain in detail exactly how an elk gets up other than like this:

4002838393_ca3067deff.jpg

LAL: The same way many other ungulates do. They can get up in many different ways and when spooked can do some things you would find quite amazing. Is it your opinion that this impression is impossible to be an elk? Or do you think it is a possible elk impression? Lets be clear.

Edited by 127

SSR Team

BobbyO: 15 elk hairs were found. As for their specific location in the imprint you'd have to ask Dr Meldrum or whoever else may have collected them from it. I never mentioned any buttock area. Can you point that out in my post please?

You didn't say it 127, i brought it up after you said......

=========

127, on 18 October 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

You also must believe that the bigfoot performed some neat gymnastics and that it left no hairs in the mud despite leaving excellent hair impressions that had elk hairs in it.

=========

You insinuated quite clearly that the Elk Hair found was within the " Hair impressions " and the " Hair impressions " are located within the area that is thought to be the " Buttock area ", like i pointed out..

I now note that you are now saying you don't know where within the Cast the Elk Hair was found & that i should ask Dr Meldrum if i want to know..

The lack of supposed Sasquatch Hair is a different matter entirely to above & a different argument.

Surely the question of where the Elk Hair was found could help sway this whole thing big time in favor of " Elk " if the Hairs that were found were found in the area i'm talking about, that had actual Hair impressions, wouldn't it ??

• masterbarber unpinned this topic