Infrasound Or Bigfoot Sound Effects

bipedalist

Guest stansie

This is one part of the mystery that i do find really interesting. Now i am not discounting anything anybody has written about there own personal experiences but the effects that are described by these individuals i to have felt. Yet i live in the UK and i have never been squatching. The effects that are described are classic examples of a large adrenal dump. Now its understandable that if you are confronted by a large hairy biped you will be scared. But alot of these reports happen without a sighting.

As humans we have an amazing ability to pick up external stimuli from our enviroment outside of sight. For want of a better word a sixth sense, wether we like it or not our body will produce an effect as a result of this. When we are happy we smile and our body produces endorphins. When we are scared we do not smile and our body produces adrenalin. Adrenalin can be released in various quantities depending on the level of threat. And our reactions to the adrenalin changes with the quantities along with the length of time we experience it.

You must have read or heard of people with dogs who invite a stranger into there home and the dog growls at the stranger. And they make a comment that the dog must have sensed something bad about that person. Well the dog did not sense something bad about that person. The dog picked up on the changes with you and you sensed something bad about that person even if you were not consciously aware of it. Some refer to it as the flight or fight response but it goes alot deeper than that.

My point being when we are adrenalised the adrenalin can and will induce auditory deafness or a humming noise due to the rate of blood being pumped through various arteries. The noise can increase with the higher adrenalin dump. Its then accompanied with tunnel vision, shaking, nausea, cramps, shortness of breath, mild hallucination, bowel and bladder release, immobility of limbs, memory loss, time distortion, fatigue.

Now i am not disputing that there may or may not be a bigfoot. But these effects that are described by people concerning infrasound are very close to the effects of adrenalin. Now the adrenalin could be released subconciously because you have reacted to something whilst you were out in the woods. Your not aware of the adrenalin yet but a good dose is already running its course through your body. You then become conciously aware of something and WOW you now have a massive dose of it running around your body at the rate of an express train. Your unprepared and the effects of adrenalin take over.

Maybe its one way to explain logically this phenomena

I have had countless adrenaline rushes in my lifetime and probably the most intense was the first time a large white tailed buck came into my shooting lane while bow hunting. It is very hard to describe that feeling, but there was no auditory illusion besides the obvious heart pump feeling you get. It would be difficult for me to mistake that with an auditory phenomenon that appeared to be created outside of my body, but then again, I am used to the adrenaline rush and its affects. UPs

I have panic attacks in crowds, and hear a "roaring" in my ears when it happens, but it sounds more like the ocean or a tornado than an animal bellowing or screeching. I have never hallucinated from a panic attack and never heard of anyone who actually did, if it is possible. It just feels like a hot flash to me with a real sense of urgency to run to an area where there is fresh cool air.

Guest stansie

Hi UPs and Jodie,

Thanks for your reply. I am not aiming this at anyone in particular just offering a logical reason to some of the reports. Your right i have not known of anyone who has hallucinated from a panic attack. But i know of lots of individuals (me included) who have seen something thats not there or mistaken it for something else. All these individuals were in a highly adrenalised state when it occured. It does not explain all the cases but may explain some. Reading what UPs had written i am envious i would like to experience that myself. I am not trying to debase any of you i am just trying to understand myself. And as i cannot go squatching i have to rely on you guys to hear me out.

Respectful as always

Dave

Guest vilnoori

What I heard was a voice. I was not stressed or having a panic attack, I was enjoying a quiet walk in the woods and looking at tracks, mushrooms, plants, birds, and taking pictures. I did not get scared. It was a very resonant child's voice. I don't get scared at hearing children's voices. I just wondered what on earth it could be. It wasn't really close sounding, it didn't sound hostile or like a kid in trouble. It sounded like a kid playing and humming tunelessly to himself/herself down the hill a ways, beside the creek. But it sounded much more resonant than it could possibly be, and what on earth would a kid be doing in such a place. But it was not a kid, it was different sounding. Almost like Enya's singing, if you know what I mean, that sound of overlaying voices singing in unison. But it was one voice, one sound. It was much more resonant than a normal voice. I have never heard that before.

• 2 years later...
Guest spurfoot

The aurora can cause perceived sounds. Both BF and human observers might hear it simultaneously causing the human to think the BF is causing it. More likely, the BF is puzzled as well. None of this is to say that BF might not also actually emit infrasonic sound.

The aurora can cause perceived sounds by ionizing particles from the upper atmosphere traversing the inner ear, thereby exciting the nerves. There is no actual sound, only the perception of sound due to the oscillating amplitude of the ionizing particles. The phenomenon is more common during peaks of the sunspot cycle.

Edited by spurfoot

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/endangered-primate-communicates-with-pure-ultrasound/

This is a recent study that shows bush babies can use ultrasound to communicate! peer-reviewed! so, by extension it may lend support ot the idea a large primate can use infrasound..opposite size, opposite spectrum?

I am on this "lemur genes/attributes" thing lately, primarily b/c the fantastic BF eyeshine seems most easily explained by a Taptium LLucidum and in looking into the genes associated with night vision in lemurs and primates find that the idea..of either co-vergent evolution of just such possible visual structures in any possible BF hominin is not so far fetched....or even that evolution/devolution must be reexamined for the visual structure (and maybe infrasound communication for BFs too?) or even the phylogeny of primates...pretty cool stuff, some of the papers are open access and free in PDF.

I am collecting those papers I run across that seem related...not the appropriate person to solve this, but no harm collecting some ideas..they are on my FB page

In no way am I equating this to the thread topic, but if you've not heard of the "Taos Hum," you might find it interesting.

http://www.qsl.net/w5www/taoshum.html

"Citizens in Britain and portions of the Southwestern U.S. have been complaining about a maddening hum that just won't go away. And researchers have been unable to pinpoint its source. Not everyone can hear the low-pitched hum, and those who do say that it seems artificial in nature - and is driving them crazy.

In 1977, a British newspaper received nearly 800 letters from people complaining of loss of sleep, dizziness, shortness of breath, headaches, anxiety, irritability, deteriorating health, inability to read or study because of the incessant hum.

Most famous in the U.S. is the "Taos Hum". There the annoyance was so acute for the "hearers" in Taos, New Mexico that they banded together in 1993 and petitioned Congress to investigate and help them find the source of the noise. No conclusive causes were discovered. One prevailing theory holds that the hum is created by a military communications system used to contact submarines.

Most hearers say the noise begins abruptly, never abates, interferes with sleep and is more noticeable inside a house or car than outside. Some describe it as sounding like a diesel engine idling in the distance.

Since it has proven undetectable by microphones or VLF antennae, its source and nature is still a mystery. "

It was a short in the matrix. It has been fixed.

I could see how infrasound would have side effects on someone nearby. I know when one of those "boom box" cars is near by with the bass thumping and rattling the trunk, I can feel it in the pit of my stomach like i'm going to throw up.