What's Your Cut-Off Date?

TimB

I'd like to see how long people will wait, believing that what has been hinted about (Ketchum/Erickson/Smeja) will be released to the public? How long is long enough to show that there's nothing there? I guess in a way you can kinda call it a pool if you will- what's the date you write it off personally?

Mine is December 10th, 2011.

Tim B.

Congratulations on finishing the miles-long original thread on the subject. You deserve the right to start yet another thread about the possibility. Or you could have made a comment within the thread. Whatever, eh?

I thought it was an entirely different subject. I swear I just don't get the thought process necessary for this board. I won't take offense if whoever wants to gets rid of this. My bad.

Tim B.

Guest RedRatSnake

I settled up on 2008 when some yahoo's sported to the world a face full of iced BS, And i watched way too many folks fall for a trick i thought a 3 year old kid would have laughed at ~

Tim

Congratulations on finishing the miles-long original thread on the subject. You deserve the right to start yet another thread about the possibility. Or you could have made a comment within the thread. Whatever, eh?

In which thread ??

He mentions three different subjects here, and while technically they are tied together through Ketchum's DNA work, I don't see why its problematic...(this thread).

I think you just like being a pain in the butt.. ;)

I think in regards to Erickson especially- your right Tim, we heard (last year) that it was going to be late Winter, then Spring, then definitely May or June... now Halloween's in a couple weeks and still nothing...

With the Olympic Project/Sierra Shootings- i'm a little more tolerant because they really havent given any stated "deadline", although like everyone else, im a little tired of hearing "soon".... (frustrating to say the least).

Maybe in the end the hold up is due to (as mentioned) some delay in the peer review process with the DNA study/studies. Although something was leaked in last couple days about a trip to Europe, and a certain respected journal (Nature), who knows if its true, or how much longer its supposed to take.

I've mentioned in a couple of the thread- I'm not holding my breath, but remaining cautiously optimistic, as I was one of the people (unlike RRS) who got temporarily sucked in (for a few days anyway) to the Georgia "Bigfootsicle" debacle.

I'm willing to keep waiting, as long as when it all comes out, its not a ridiculous mess, and is what's been promised all this time....

That's my thoughts on it anyway...

Art

Guest gershake

I don't know. I think mine is June 30th 2012. That would be about one year late from the original suspected release ("late spring '11").

Guest wudewasa

How long is long enough to show that there's nothing there? I guess in a way you can kinda call it a pool if you will- what's the date you write it off personally?

Right now. 10.16.11.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but as was stated previously, I'm still jaded from the silliness of 2008, as well as the repeated vulgar displays of stupidity that fill the media today.

When all people see are press conferences to nowhere, grandstanding by charlitans and people running around the woods with thermal cameras screaming into the darkness, allowing themselves to be pimped for entertainment purposes, not many folks in the mainstream will take this issue seriously. Couple that with paranormal claims of shapeshifting, interdimensional creatures that rub shoulders with UFOs and psychic hucksters, and any actual research is dismissed.

BFF Patron

2-29-12 since it's a leap year

The Erickson Project has given a release date of "this Fall." I'm taking them at their word. Since Dec. 22 is the first day of Winter this year, that's my "no longer give a crap date." If nothing materializes by then, I'll stop paying attention to every element of this story, EP, OP, KR, etc.

Soooo.....what happens when everybody that's "cutting off"....cuts off?

Do you determine that BF absolutely doesn't exist, & move on to something else to be skeptical of?

Sounds like this is going to be a life changing event for a lot of people.

• Upvote 2

I say February. If it comes out later than that, regardless of the results, that would be great, but I'm already kind of done with the whole thing. The results really won't matter to me one way or the other because I already know that bigfoot exists, or did exist at least 75 years ago.

Soooo.....what happens when everybody that's "cutting off"....cuts off?

Do you determine that BF absolutely doesn't exist, & move on to something else to be skeptical of?

Sounds like this is going to be a life changing event for a lot of people.

Won't change my interest in BF. I'll just have greatly diminished confidence in any and all parties involved with this study. Every statement from any of them after Dec. 22 will have no meaning to me.

Guest slimwitless

The closest I followed the Georgia story was a few clips on Headline News over my lunch hour. I could go cold turkey (suggesting a Thanksgiving deadline) but that would be difficult right now. I'm willing to wait until the first of the year before re-discovering some abandoned hobbies, family and friends. :D (I say that now).

Edited by slimwitless

Guest Cervelo

I will not retire from fishing, hiking ,camping, ect. There are to many great things to see folks, just get out there it's a blast regardless!!!! :)

I have NO cut-off date. By default, I take it to be of no value until it's proven to be OF value.

Sitting around waiting for something like this is a complete waste of one's time and distracts from more important things like "living life".

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic