What's Your Cut-Off Date?

TimB

I'm personally hoping the big reveal happens the day after everyones cut off date, the impatience will then be gone. :P

Soooo.....what happens when everybody that's "cutting off"....cuts off?

Do you determine that BF absolutely doesn't exist, & move on to something else to be skeptical of?

Sounds like this is going to be a life changing event for a lot of people.

As someone else mentioned (Mr Ridley), my comments are directed towards the projects mentioned, not my overall belief in BF...

I'm not sure if that's what Tim wants to know or not, but my belief will remain unchanged as it has through past "bad experiences" with claims that didnt pan out, or revealed hoaxes.

On a side note:

If any of you are "gamers", I was going to suggest that these studies must be somehow linked to "EA Games" who are famous for giving release dates for games, then backing off that date- sometimes even by a year or more... :D

I don't think it affects anything either way- I was just trying to gauge the weakening trust in the subject as time goes on. It still feels like a scam. I'm not a big "trust me- it's coming" guy. It's either there or it's not. So far, it's not.

Tim B.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it affects anything either way- I was just trying to gauge the weakening trust in the subject as time goes on. It still feels like a scam. I'm not a big "trust me- it's coming" guy. It's either there or it's not. So far, it's not.

Tim B.

Very well said Mr, Tim B. Trust me its coming is not proof. I gave up on this several months back and to be honest, I have become annoyed with the whole matter. That is my problem because I do not have to read and post in these threads. But this is my honest feeling matter. Buy the way, I would love to wrong on this matter.

Guest krakatoa

I have NO cut-off date. By default, I take it to be of no value until it's proven to be OF value.

Sitting around waiting for something like this is a complete waste of one's time and distracts from more important things like "living life".

This guy answered for me. I don't know about 'foot, but GII may just be psychic. :D

Why would I attribute any value to a claim of proof, particularly in this field?

Between these claims going unsubstantiated (I have the evidence by I won't share it); to claims substantiated by fuzzy photos with (pay no attention to the next 4 photos in the sequence that show something clearly not a bigfoot), or without follow-up photos; to claims that turn out to have been made by mentally unstable people who were afforded credulity by other people wanting to believe first, instead of giving the pursuit of truth primacy; to claims that are outed as laughable hoaxes...

This field's actors have given ample reason for ridicule by most.

The role of science however, isn't to ridicule the unknown. It is simply to collect and interpret data.

With no data available in this case, by default it bears a null value.

It is an excellent example of the "Schrödinger's cat" thought experiment though.

Edited by krakatoa

To be honest, I have almost zero faith that any of these "reports" being built up have any real evidence at all. I can't image anyone with such ground shaking proof just sitting on it and releasing tidbits.

Point in case being the Russians, sure they don't have a body or as far as I know any video but they are pretty much saying

"HEY GUYS! HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME! We have found this and that, we don't have 100% proof BUT remember we were shouting this first!"

Which I believe is pure human nature to want to be first, they don't have any rock solid evidence but they are putting it out there so that they can be "first".

I mean if you have such rock hard video, dna blah blah proof AND you are letting tidbits out to the media to keep them interested, wouldnt you be somewhat worried that someone else might just stumble across one, film it and completly take the wind out of your sails?

This talk of the proof coming later...then later seems like nothing but stalling tactics to me which serves no real means other than to prolong their time in the spotlight and im 99.99% sure we will all be let down by the level of evidence when or even if it ever does come to light.

In short, I basicly think if you had something that great and real you would be falling over yourself to show the world.

But I would love to be proven wrong. ^_^

Edited by Ghuda

I have very little faith that anything reported, albeit 'official' or thru hearsay, might ever generate any results confirming the existence of a great ape residing in the PNW. Please, do not get me wrong, I *want* to believe but with every world shattering development (i.e. scenarios like the Georgia Boys) always results in utter disappointment.

I don't have the expansive knowledge that many of you possess on the forum. Sasquatch has always been a topic that piqued at my curiosity since early childhood. While I have an awareness of some of the major players in this field, I still do not understand why the majority of these researchers insist on being so secretive with the 'proof' as it were.

I must admit, I did have high hopes with Dr. Melba Ketchum's research. But as the clock ticks my hopes slowly vaporize. I've never really looked into the credentials of Dr. Ketchum but a quick Google search only leads to multiple 'Bigfoot' hits which, as an outsider looking in doesn't give me much faith that she's the real deal (I'm trying to say this in the least unflattering way). It's been mentioned that she's done work on 9/11 and has her own lab, I do hope she's on the up and up.

I don't know what to say or what to believe. Like I said, my faith in the OP, EP and Dr. Ketchum has wanned significantly. I believe (or rather want to believe) because I think the clearest evidence that these creatures do exist is the Patterson/Gimlin footage. I don't know this to be fact, but I doubt there were any NDA's or super secretive unveil dates involved with that. So why all the secrecy now?

I know I'm not really answering the original posters question ... sort of attacking it sideways like a crab, LOL! The best answer I could give is that as of now, I have very little hope that these projects will result in anything signigicant ...

SSR Team

I have NO cut-off date. By default, I take it to be of no value until it's proven to be OF value.

Sitting around waiting for something like this is a complete waste of one's time and distracts from more important things like "living life".

There's the winner.. :thumbsup:

Sorry for slacking on the info but what is the supposed findings?

This is strictly my opinion but I think they will present findings that show human DNA that matches with a very small part our population (perhaps a small remote village clan) and try to twist it into being DNA from bigfoot. This confusion could have been because of a small sect or clan of people that are isolated (picture a small isolated village in Africa with native clans) from modern medicine may not be in our current database for known genomes. Pure speculation of course. I suspect most of the testing results are nothing conclusive.

As for the video footage, or possible photographs we will have to wait and see. I've seen the "pancake" video before and it is less than stellar and could have easily been a human. I hope their rendition of bigfoot footage and photos are better than Todd Standings. At this point you have to wonder what is the hold up. Years to see footage of an alleged new species? What? That in itself is unprecedented. I think it is very telling also that this alleged footage of a new species will be revealed in a for sale DVD.

Those who purchase it will literally support this type of rhetoric and ensure repeat performances. The only way it goes away is to simply put away the wallet. I predict no huge discovery, or huge media interest other than the normal chuckles. I also predict many enthusiasts will be unhappy for putting any faith into this project as some form of proof. Many have used this as a crutch to lean on in their beliefs and soon that crutch shall reveal itself to be either sturdy or useless.

Edited by 127

Guest slimwitless

I'm not sure why showing an interest means you're not busy living your life. I'm also not sure about the logic behind, "I don't know what they got, so they got nothin''". Hypothetically speaking, if a study found proof of an extant non-human hominid, do you really think anyone on an fringe Internet forum would be privy to the results before it was made public? The only reason we know anything at all is because some sample providers weren't as discreet as the people doing the science...IMO.

Wait and see and don't sweat it. If you don't think anything will come of this then congratulations, you just made the safe bet.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic