10 Reasons Why Bigfoot's A Bust

542366600_da6c63e3f7.jpg

I hope you're right, but spouting opinions as verified facts have a propensity to come back to bite ya on the backside.

Incorrigible1 & rwridley: I posted in that fashion more as a reality check. (for myself and any interested in the subject) We have been only given a story and nothing more. I enjoyed the story. (and am still enjoying watching it progress) I would absolutely love for this to come bite me in the butt! But I think we both know it won't. How often are bigfooters pulled along, and given nothing more than story? Can you count the times it's been proven to be a true story? I'm missing any data on that :D

Edited by 127

Guest RedRatSnake

Always put in an Escape word ~

There has been no "shooting" of one.

There has been no Confirmed "shooting" of one.

In this case the word Confirmed, will do the trick

Tim :)

Guest WIKayaker

There has been no bigfoot shooting or body part collected. Feel free to prove otherwise. *crickets* Camp fire stories equate to just that. Nice story though.

Take it or leave it, this is a fun webpage listing about 240 incidences that are

unverifiable anecdotes. What if just one were true?

http://lawnflowersjerkyandbigfoots.com/bigfootshootings.aspx

Here is something to think about regarding 10 Reasons Bigfoots a bust...

Only 3% of the the United States not including Alaska is considered to be developed. If you combined that with the rural residential land the percentage jumps up to 6.1%. There is roughly 750 million acres of forest land, 35 million acres of cropland, and 790 million acres of range and pasture land that something could be hanging out in.

Thank you number 24, I gave you a point for this posting, and I sincerely thank you for bringing this knowledge out for us to learn. :wub:

Guest slimwitless

Camp fire stories equate to just that. Nice story though.

Are you kdding? It's a great story. As a fun little thought experiment, try to figure out the fewest number of people that would have to be in on it to perpetuate the hoax to this point.

wikayaker had some good points a page back.

I wonder, if or when BF goes public as a real species and its DNA is known, if they start testing some of those hominin/oid bones, whether they might find a match, and a fossil record they can be sure of....

Guest FuriousGeorge

Fossil records, schmossil schrecords. They are not as complete as implied here in this thread. To say that the fossil records are extremely incomplete would be an understatement. Many transitional animals (including ours) are not in the fossil records. Since they are not found in the fossil records does that mean they never existed? Bf (to me) is just a hypothesis right now. Without all fossils including transitional fossils found, our complete evolution is just a hypothesis. We had a hypothesis that animals transitioned from sea to land. We didn't find proof until 1998.

I shall pick the article apart, point-by-point.

Kudos, ajciani. I've seen each and every one of Radford's points on another forum and here I thought the posters were being original. ^_^

Bob Zenor, I think the sum total of chimpanzee fossils are three teeth from one that lived 545,000 years ago. Nine teeth were found in 2007 of a possible gorilla ancestor dating to 10 mya. Anything else?

Kudos, ajciani. I've seen each and every one of Radford's points on another forum and here I thought the posters were being original. ^_^

Bob Zenor, I think the sum total of chimpanzee fossils are three teeth from one that lived 545,000 years ago. Nine teeth were found in 2007 of a possible gorilla ancestor dating to 10 mya. Anything else?

How large is the chimpanzee's reported range? (sightings) Sasquatch are sighted all over the world, in almost every continent and environment. How does this compare to the chimpanzee's range and enviroment? Arid deserts, to swamps, to plains, suburbs?

Seems like even without the fossils, we found the chimpanzees alright. Plenty of them.

Edited by 127

Seems like even without the fossils, we found the chimpanzees alright. Plenty of them.

Seems like we found the sasquatches too, just not the bodies or the fossils.

The fossil chimpanzee teeth were found in an unexpected location. Considering how many chimps and digs there are in Africa is that just a little surprising? Have you read Jeff's book? He goes into how few chimp remains are found even in areas that are currently being researched with researchers specifically looking for chimp remains.

An elephant can be reduced to a greasy spot in four days.

I wouldn't even count the gorilla ancestor. That is so old it would have to be a human ancestor as well. It should be before our most recent common ancestor with gorillas. There are possible ancestors like Sahelanthropus tchadensis but it is also so old that it really can't be said what it is for sure. I would think there are likely several closely related species of that age that haven't been found and it is very likely they just have a close relative of the actual ancestor.

I believe that chimp ancestor was found in a place that greatly expands the range of Chimps from their modern range in response to 127. That might have something to do with why they found it. It is likely in a place that has volcanic ash eruptions which makes fossil formation much more likely since it is in the rift valley. There are a lot of volcanoes in gorilla territory but that didn't seem to be enough to find any recent fossils of them in the last few million years.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/0831_050831_chimp_teeth.html

I wouldn't even count the gorilla ancestor.

Someone on another forum said a possible gorilla tooth had been found. This was the closest I could find.

So three fossil chimpanzee teeth from the Rift Valley - that's it?

It is sort of an odd way to look at it but I have heard them called gorilla ancestors as well because they apparently had the form of gorillas. They were probably talking about teeth or jaws. I remember reading an article that suggested our ancestors were like a gorilla for several million years before diverging into the hominin lineage.

Edited by BobZenor

Seems like we found the sasquatches too, just not the bodies or the fossils.

The fossil chimpanzee teeth were found in an unexpected location. Considering how many chimps and digs there are in Africa is that just a little surprising? Have you read Jeff's book? He goes into how few chimp remains are found even in areas that are currently being researched with researchers specifically looking for chimp remains.

An elephant can be reduced to a greasy spot in four days.

LAL: We will have to disagree on that (my bolded) Sasquatch remains an unclassified animal. None have been found. If I'm wrong correct me please. Chimpanzees have been classified for some time.

History

Africans have had contact with chimpanzees for millennia. Chimpanzees have been kept as pets for centuries in a few African villages, especially in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In Virunga National Park in the east of the country the park authorities regularly confiscate chimpanzees from people who are keeping them as pets.[42] The first recorded contact of Europeans with chimps took place in present-day Angola during the 17th century. The diary of Portuguese explorer Duarte Pacheco Pereira (1506), preserved in the Portuguese National Archive (Torre do Tombo), is probably the first European document to acknowledge that chimpanzees built their own rudimentary tools.

The first use of the name "chimpanzee", however, did not occur until 1738

• masterbarber locked this topic