Enoch

Guest Primate

with advance apologies to the original poster, knowing that he wouldn't/ didnt know to look down in page 3 or 4 (or further) of these threads to find the existing Enoch threads...

That being said....this was my initial reaction to seeing "ENOCH" in the thread title....

piratejack.gif

When i first saw this new and improved Enoch thread I thought it might just be Swamp Bandit calling us from his private Costa Rican island with his hairy man-like butler, Henry, shaking up the Mojito's.

I just read this one . (Loren Colemans remarks kept me away untill now.) I found parts of it believable . Although the change in narrative style and observational perspective had me wondering about the" Bigfoot Convention" and the Burial Scene .(As well as the nature of the claims being made) I personally don't have much trouble with the idea of befriending the creatures leading to an indifference or animosity about proving their existance. And I think this raises many interesting points for those of us interested in Sasquatch..What are people's current thoughts on the book and the issues it raises? Is it just a good story ? I am aware that someone claiming to be Mike was on this forum for awhile..

Mike was Swamp Bandit on this forum, and I do think he was "the Mike" that was Autumns witness. He had is flaws, along with a falling out between he and Autumn. Things got ugly, so he came on here to denounce his story he gave Autumn, to get back at her. He claimed he gave her a trumped up story, but also claimed to have seen a skunk ape several times. It sounded to me like he wanted his credibility as a genuine witness of skunk apes but wanted to destroy Autumns work and the book. It probably didn't work out that way. ;)

Guest Crowlogic

Well after all is said and done I don't think any less of the Enoch story then I did when I first encountered it. That is to say I thought nothing of it then and I think nothing of it today. Ask me again on New Year's day I'll say same. Pity I once considered Autumn as credible but that was pre Enoch.

Apologies for the derail here, but what was the guys name on BFF 1.0 who was gonna setup a grappling gun mounted on his boat and go spend months in the swamps until he captured his bigfoot?...that dude was a trip.

Thanks LAL...Man I could just grab a cup o joe, pull up a chair, and read his posts for hours. His grammar and spelling could give you a headache, but he could spin a good yarn.

SSR Team

Well after all is said and done I don't think any less of the Enoch story then I did when I first encountered it. That is to say I thought nothing of it then and I think nothing of it today. Ask me again on New Year's day I'll say same. Pity I once considered Autumn as credible but that was pre Enoch.

Would you have considered it if it was prior to 1960 Crow ?? Honest question..

Guest Crowlogic

Would you have considered it if it was prior to 1960 Crow ?? Honest question..

No as there were no photos and no proper vetting of the story. It was just another case of just take the author's word for it. Not surprising how it's turned out is it?

SSR Team

No as there were no photos and no proper vetting of the story. It was just another case of just take the author's word for it. Not surprising how it's turned out is it?

It hasn't " turned out " one way or the other Crow...

It's just a Book that nobody except Miss Williams & maybe one other person, knows is truthful or not..

Guest HairyGreek

I am more curious to know if it worth reading regardless of what side of the fence (or if you sit on it) you fall on. Is it well written whether you consider it fact or fiction? Always on the look out for another book to add to my list of things that will likely never get read. (I still like giving it the old college try)

SSR Team

I am more curious to know if it worth reading regardless of what side of the fence (or if you sit on it) you fall on. Is it well written whether you consider it fact or fiction? Always on the look out for another book to add to my list of things that will likely never get read. (I still like giving it the old college try)

I think so HG, i think it's a great read personally..

Guest HairyGreek

Thanks Bobby! I trust you, so consider it added to the list that never ends. Much appreciated.

Edited by HairyGreek

Just look on the link i Posted, it's as clear as day.. :)

Done, and all I can saw is Whew!!! That's a lot of reading. I think my eyes are still crossed. While reading the other thread, I got the impression that you are AW. Am I correct in that assumption? I haven't read the book, but I'd like to. I can't get it here in China.

I'd like to apologize for making a post (#9) without knowing all of the facts, first, thereby making myself look like a complete and utter buffoon.

Chris

Guest Crowlogic

It hasn't " turned out " one way or the other Crow...

It's just a Book that nobody except Miss Williams & maybe one other person, knows is truthful or not..

Actually it has turned out. It hasn't advanced the research (assuming there's anything left in bigfoot lore to research). It has done more harm than good for the bigfoot research/community because of how the author took at face value the word of someone she didn't know who was presenting an outlandish tale. If I'm not mistaken "Mike" has been uncovered to be something of a loose cannon and hardly star witness material. So in the end the book adds to the laughing stock mentality that harsh critics of bigfoot research/community frequently take aim at.