Sign in to follow this  
Guest tallmonkey

Bob Heironimus & Patty's Breasts

Guest tallmonkey

Assuming that Bob Heironimus is telling the truth (and I'm not at all convinced that he is), does anyone recall him mentioning how strange and or even how funny it was that "Rodger's" costume came equipped with an ample pair of breasts? If not, why not? I would think that they would be cracking jokes or making comments about them the whole time. I would consider it rather suspicious if they did not poke fun at this aspect of "Roger's" creation... Any thoughts?

Guest tallmonkey

Assuming that Bob Heironimus is telling the truth (and I'm not at all convinced that he is), does anyone recall him mentioning how strange or even how funny it was that "Rodger's" costume came equipped with an ample pair of breasts? If not, why not? I would think that they would be cracking jokes or making comments about them the whole time. I would consider it rather suspicious if they did not poke fun at this aspect of "Roger's" creation, that is of course, if the costume story is actually true... Any thoughts?

(My apologies for the accidental double post)

Edited by tallmonkey

roguefooter

Well I haven't seen him mention anything. If a bunch of guys drinking at a bar actually witnessed the suit then there's no doubt the boobs would have been the center of attention. Bob being the jokester he is wouldn't have passed up that chance for a good laugh by showing everyone. None of the testimony that night mentions anything about the suit having boobs.

But of course the suit Bob showed them was most likely just a generic black gorilla costume. They even gave it a nickname- the "monkey suit", which I doubt they would have done for something they only briefly saw one time, and especially if it had boobs.

tallmonkey, you must be a psych major. Of course, the Male ego would NEVER be able to sport breasts on film, get international attention, and then NOT mention a thing about it or joke about it through all these years...That was genius thinking of that! He would have also justified wearing them for "authenticity" and of course the money.

SweatyYeti

Assuming that Bob Heironimus is telling the truth (and I'm not at all convinced that he is), does anyone recall him mentioning how strange and or even how funny it was that "Rodger's" costume came equipped with an ample pair of breasts? If not, why not? I would think that they would be cracking jokes or making comments about them the whole time. I would consider it rather suspicious if they did not poke fun at this aspect of "Roger's" creation... Any thoughts?

What Bob has said, or hasn't said, about the "fake breasts" is a totally meaningless issue, to me....because of the fact that he says he drove South to Eureka after he "did the walk"......(a 4-hour round-trip in the opposite direction to Yakima)....to mail the Film to Yakima....when his very next destination was Yakima... :wacko::wacko:

That GAFF is a show-stopper, IMO. :) Nobody...but nobody...could pull-off a move that idiotic....except for maybe Curly Howard. And Barney Fife's cousin Virgil, actually...come to think of it.

Check it out....the reason why Virgil misses his Bus to Mayberry is an absolutely perfect analogy to Bobby's gaff...(from 4:00 to about 6:50)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wiLjjqu91A

Bob's "trip to Eureka"....a "real life" situation that you can only see...in a TV Show. :lol:

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest Primate

I've mentioned this afew times..A straight male in 1967 showing the suit to his drinking buddies and telling them to remember what it looks like ?!! (in one version of the story).Presumably the breasts were the augmentations to the suit made out of a dead horse and he says stunk.("Jeez Roger,Did you REALLY have to do this?") And what did the whole thing smell like after being soaked in sweat and kept in a trunk for 2 or 3 days..He's basically opening the trunk of his mothers car to show his drinking buddies the smelly furry boobs that Roger made him wear..

Bigfootbookman would know better then I . But I find the 4 hour round trip estimate VERY optimistic..

xspider1

I would consider it rather suspicious if they did not poke fun at this aspect of "Roger's" creation... Any thoughts?

I consider that very suspicious myself. Under BH's scenario, how would they not have joked about it?? And, if they ever did joke about the breasts at the bar, etc. then, to my knowledge, Bob H hasn't mentioned that yet. Stay tuned though, maybe Greg L. will remind him of that happening. ;)

Guest tallmonkey

Would a mod mind merging this thread with the other duplicate thread? I accidentally posted this topic twice... Thanks much. :)

Guest tallmonkey

Sweaty, while I admit that this is somewhat of a sideline observation, I wouldn’t go so far as to say that this point is, "totally meaningless." I think there is something to be said for the apparent silence from Bob H. in the face of the absurdity of these appendages being present in Roger’s alleged costume. As it was previously pointed out, the lack joking along these lines seems completely out of character for a prankster like Bob Hieronimous. That there would be not so much as a snicker over this from any who were supposedly present seems totally unrealistic and throws the credibility of Bob Hieronimous' story even further into question. Bob's apparent lack of a good humored nature in this situation is simply not consistent with life and normal male interaction, IMO.

Guest Kerchak

Tallmonkey,

Bob H's entire comments about the suit and it's self changing appearance result in pure hilarity after pure hilarity.

Yes for sure the breasts would have been major point of humour for Bob H, his family and his friends down at the local tavern. The silence is deafening.

Guest Primate

In all honesty it the laughs that keep me coming back to these Bob H. threads..I think that Greg Long did the Skeptics a vast disservice in his rush to find a suit guy to discredit Roger Patterson, Especially when looking at the co-ordinated musclularity of Patty I think "OK, NOW can we start lookin' for the 6'6" 350ld guy that Grover Krantz thought it would take?"

NAAAh , Bob H is just too much fun !!

Guest Kerchak

In all honesty it the laughs that keep me coming back to these Bob H. threads..I think that Greg Long did the Skeptics a vast disservice in his rush to find a suit guy to discredit Roger Patterson,

No he didn't do them a disservice. He gave them something to 'believe' in and to pin their hopes and dreams on. Some of these skeptics are so desperate for Patty to be a fake that they'll accept anything, and Greg Long and Bob H gave them something to 'believe' in, hence all their support and backing for the claim. Hey at least it keeps the poor suckers from playing in the traffic.

I've mentioned this afew times..A straight male in 1967 showing the suit to his drinking buddies and telling them to remember what it looks like ?!!..

*snip*

..He's basically opening the trunk of his mothers car to show his drinking buddies the smelly furry boobs that Roger made him wear..

I've got to agree. Thinking to myself, if I wore the suit (without ever thinking about 'bigfoot') the breasts on it would be very intriguing. I mean really, it is the first thing I'd remember about it, if asked 40 years later.

I wonder what kitakaze has to offer, as he's spoken in depth and recently to Bob H... has he asked him about that?

xspider1

Does it really matter what embellishments BH might offer in the future? He has had 44 years to get his story straight and, other than the on-going self-contradictions (which might eventually crash the Internet), nothing he says seems to gel. :blush:

Sign in to follow this