Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

why do you think they would come to the side of your house to peck. Do you leave food out for them?

I used to leave food out, but they would rarely take anything except eggs, & then only occasionally.

I don't know why they come. Maybe they like to watch TV. <_<

I just think that bigfoot are curious about things sometimes. There was a story on bigfoot encounters, I think about a native American woman that was at a cabin waiting for her husband to come pick her up on a snowmobile because she was snowed in? The bigfoot watched her from the window, walked around the house and came back to that same window to look at her some more. It left when it heard the snowmobile(s) and they saw the footprints. I cant remember the name of the story, but as said, its on Bigfoot Encounters.

I think you're right, Maggie. I have a friend in another state that said they like to come up close & watch her mow the lawn. She said that she would see them peeping out from behind the trees.

My husband saw one watching him mowing once. He said she was close enough that he could smell her, but he pretended not to see her.

Maybe they don't understand why we mow. It would be interesting to know what they think about it.

Edited by Sasfooty

I'm curious to know if they are watching us like this is perhaps anything like a hunting tactic. There by they are watching not necessarily to hunt us but as a look out for others as they seek out food near by.

Also that perhaps when in the reports where it appears BF is trying to get into the house it is not simply mimicking humans and trying to go about as they see us do. I am not sold on this theory but just trying to figure it out to one degree or another.

Though I have noticed the larger majority of reports with a BF coming near to a persons home seem to be them in search of food. A deer hanging in the shed or freezer. A locked cooler. Garbage by the end of a driveway. I have even read a report of a person witnessing a BF rip their bird feeder off it's pole stand and carry it off. Other animals have come to view humans as an easy meal. Raccoons, skunks, coyotes, bears, the list could go on and on. Whats not to say the BF is no different.

Edited by Woodslore

I mention again, security lights and trail cams. If you know they are visiting a certain area get some pictures!

It has been tried, & is a LOT easier said than done. They aren't fooled by trail cams or security cameras. A night vision security camera has been on every corner of the house & nearly every tree within 300 feet of the house. The only thing it got was some odd lights floating around in the woods. It's back in the box now.

I have spent close to $5000 for a video camera, night vision (gen 3), digital recorder, bionic ear, & security camera. I got some (not very good) videos before they figured out what I was doing. Now the video camera is useless. The best investment was the bionic ear & digital recorder. It took them about 3 years to figure it out. Now except for rocks on the roof, bumping the house, & knocking, it's pretty quiet here at night, unless I'm outside & they can see that I don't have the "ear" & recorder.

Hide a mini recorder on you or try disguising it some how. Like in a plant or something. I know easier said than done. Do you have any recording still from that time? Can the recorder and ear work from inside the house? Just thoughts. I would be interested in more of the experiences from near your house, again unless you'd rather not discuss it.

Hide a mini recorder on you or try disguising it some how. Like in a plant or something. I know easier said than done. Do you have any recording still from that time? Can the recorder and ear work from inside the house? Just thoughts. I would be interested in more of the experiences from near your house, again unless you'd rather not discuss it.

Been there, done that, have holes in most of the window screens to prove it. Built little shelves on trees out in the woods, covered the video camera with big pieces of bark to camo it, put tape over all the lights on it. They seem to know when the tape runs out, because they just stay away until it turns itself off. I think they could hear it running, but that wouldn't explain why they stayed away from the security camera. It doesn't make noise, but does have IR lights on it. I don't put the video camera & night vision out anymore because the thing was so expensive & doesn't get anything anyway. I got to thinking that they might get tired of avoiding it, & destroy it.

It seems that they are always one step ahead of everything that we have tried.

Yep, almost all the vocals I have were taken from inside the house. That's why they are quiet unless they can see me without the ear.

Though I have noticed the larger majority of reports with a BF coming near to a persons home seem to be them in search of food.

This is something that I have given a lot of thought to.

They aren't here for food, although they will pick fruit from the trees, & dig my sweet potatoes or help themselves to fresh corn when it's there. I don't think they would do it if they didn't know I don't mind, though.

Before they realized that we knew they were here, they would take the lid off the horse feed barrel & eat some occasionally, but they never do it now. Also, I have chickens & they have never bothered them. They certainly don't get enough to sustain them long term.

This area has abundant food all year from a particular kind of agriculture, & it must be the reason that this group are never especially hungry.

I think they come here because they know I like them & would never betray them. Maybe a human that likes them is some kind of novelty, or maybe they just think I'm crazy & want to see what I'll come up with next. Whatever it is, it's not food that brings them here.

Sasfooty,

Have you found animal kills anywhere around your farm or tree breaks that you think might be attributable to BF?

This is most interesting. Though Sasfooty yours and about 3 others are the only ones I know of involving home encounters since I started this topic in which the BF's were not seeking food or taking food. All the others were deer being taken, or coolers being raided, or coolers being taken, or feeders being taken. I didn't mean it to be rock solid proof and the only theory just a theory gleaned from my observation of reports.

A woman who used to live only about a half mile from me had a mental breakdown because she was always seeing "people" in her garbage & looking into her house. She lived alone & had no idea what was happening. She would run out of the house in the middle of the night, (once in her gown, with no coat when it was sleeting), & show up at a neighbor's, yelling & beating on the door.

It got so bad that her daughter had her put in a nursing home for her protection. I wanted to tell her who/what it was, but it wouldn't have been any comfort to her, and she loves being in the home.

So these may be looking for food at other places, but just not here.

Sasfooty, Have you found animal kills anywhere around your farm or tree breaks that you think might be attributable to BF?

No, I have never found anything killed here, but there have been several limb twists on cedar trees. I found one recently that was about 10 feet high. It was broken, so it's possible that it was something else that caused it, but I can't imagine what it was. Most are twisted backwards, but not broken.

Edited by Sasfooty