Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

I'm actually curious to see if habituation stories happened before the last 20 years or so and how many. Is it a recent thing that has developed? If so it is one of two things: Habitat encroachment or folks hearing a story and thinking they could make a better one.

Still there will be questions from folks who find it incredible that others are scouring the woods for a glimpse and you are shooing them off your back porch so to speak. I admire you for doing your best to answer the questions as forthrightly as possible without disclosing your location. Maybe hearing from someone who turns out to be a good apple will change some attitudes.

In a generic sort of way can you describe the surrounding area, agriculture,swamp,forest, etc.

The area where I live gets about 45 inches of rainfall a year. The summers are hot & the winters are mild. We have hardwood & pine forests, wild hogs, deer, all the usual wildlife that is in the South except bears. I live on a ridge about halfway between two rivers that are about 30 miles apart. Several creeks start along this ridge & run either north or south to their respective rivers.

The area is well populated, but also has large tracts of timber & a lot of swampy uninhabited land along creeks. We have a lot of small cattle ranchers, not much cropland, but a few farmers grow some corn and peanuts. The main agriculture is chicken ranching. I think this is where the BFs get a lot of their food, because there is always that source of food even if nothing else is available.

I don't get many glimpses anymore. I almost regret that I ever tried to get pictures because that is why they are so careful to stay out of sight now.

I think a lot more people have them around but just don't realize it. People stay in their houses from dark until daylight, with the windows closed, the TV going, & pay no attention to what is happening outside. If they do happen to be outside & hear something, they rationalize it away & put it out of their minds. My closest neighbor told me that there are a lot of strange noises & other happenings around her place. I asked her once if she thought it could be BF, & she said "Oh, I don't believe in that stuff."

People keep saying I should get evidence...Why? I have had all kinds of evidence, but some of it is perishable, & some of it is "inconclusive", so what am I supposed to do with it? I have literally hundreds of recordings, but I couldn't prove where I got them or what they are. I know, but nobody else does. I probably have less chance now to get real evidence than somebody going out into the woods & stumbling over one.

As I said before, talk is cheap, but when you start trying to put these fantastic ideas into practice, it doesn't always work out like you expect it to.

I'm actually curious to see if habituation stories happened before the last 20 years or so and how many. Is it a recent thing that has developed? If so it is one of two things: Habitat encroachment or folks hearing a story and thinking they could make a better one.

Or maybe the internet has something to do with it.

I used to think that the closest BF was probably in the PNW & that there might just be a few even there, but never doubted that they exist. We had all the signs & symptoms of them being here for a long time but it never dawned on me that it could be BF.

One night a friend was telling us about someone who had sighted one about 3 miles from here. I got on the internet & started reading about them, & it was like a light coming on. I listened to some vocals, & was amazed that it was what we had been hearing for years without realizing what it was. I started going out & listening every night, & only heard them occasionally, but it seemed that the more I thought about them & listened, the closer they were & the more often I heard them.

One night there was a noise that sounded like a bull & a grizzly bear having a fight near the stock pond. The next morning, I went over there & looked around & found strange footprints & knuckle prints in the mud. A few nights later, there were coyotes howling in the yard, & I took the spotlight out & started shining it around. The first thing I saw was a huge pair of ruby red eyes about 200 feet out, staring back at me. We looked at each other for a few seconds & then they disappeared. It was a really dark night & I never saw a body, just the eyes.

Things progressed steadily from there, & my life hasn't been the same since.

I take it you've never played with this picture much. Just take a little experience bringing these guys out. Here's your avatar pic. Kind of creepy.

More than anything else...that revised photo looks like the Mk 13 robot from the British SciFi film Hardware.

Tim

Guest midnightwalker1

Well friends, I've been doing this a long time and have sat 1000+ hours (easily) amongst the sas in my core areas. I know 3 different people that have the sas coming to their house and have spent much time at one of their homes where the sas come through. Therefore, I know. Simple as that. Not trying to be a cocky ass but I know the subject matter pretty well. Therefore, when WTB says what he says, I know that he has spent little to no face-time (close encounter hours with them around you and even alone so they're at ease) amongst the sas. Not trying to pick on WTB but he's flat out wrong.

Now you may ask for proof and all that and I'll tell you I don't bother. There are sooooooooooooooooooo many historical native american indian accounts and more current "habituation" (hate that term) accounts than you can shake a stick at. So, it is what it is and I know WTB is wrong...therefore not aware. In fact I know the sas so well that I would have easily deemed it possible before I met my friends with their "habituation" occurrences going on. When you know them, it's not difficult to imagine since they do a lot of the same **** out there in the field with you anyway. Simple as that.

Guest midnightwalker1

More than anything else...that revised photo looks like the Mk 13 robot from the British SciFi film Hardware.

Tim

Yeah Tim. The one in the back looks like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz or the Easter Island Head. I can't vouch for that pic but I did think it was interesting what came out with a little contrast play.

Guest midnightwalker1

Well, I met a girl in Alabama that would constantly have them hitting her house when she closed her blinds especially. She was a blonde, fit and fairly attractive, so I asked her if she ever ran around the house in little to nothing with the blinds open. She said, "Hell yes, I live in the middle of the woods with over 100 acres, so who's going to see." I just shook my head and said it's no wonder you have them beating on your house. I told her that I might be over later than night with some popcorn asking the sas to move over so I can have some room to watch. LOL This area has a lot of activity. Anyway, just one of a plethora of examples.

I read this and though of my own experience. 20-30 seconds would be to much for me. I still get chills thinking of the sound I heard. Have you ever felt threaten by them? I mean the sounds and them being there has it ever made you feel threaten? Just curious as this quote made me think of my own experience.

No, I've only had one that actually creeped me out. It was one that did a low growl. I can't explain exactly what it sounded like, but it was scary. It would come up pretty close in the woods at night, & growl if I went outside. That one didn't stay around long, & I was glad when I stopped hearing it.

That big, long howl will almost paralyze you if it's close, & I would rather he didn't do it very close to the house, but I don't feel threatened by him. If they wanted to hurt us they could have done it long ago.

Sasfooty the growl kind of like a cross between a really big dog and football player on roids? Best I can do to explain it. Just curious.

Sasfooty the growl kind of like a cross between a really big dog and football player on roids? Best I can do to explain it. Just curious.

Yep. That's a pretty good description. Kind of makes your blood run cold.

Fascinating thread!

Sasfooty, I'm amazed at some of what you have mentioned here. There is a family I know who experience the Yowie and if I didn't know any better, I'd say that it was one of them typing the posts that you've made. Some things are different but, a lot are similar or the same as they've mentioned to me and we're on the other side of the world...

A couple of questions, if that's OK. Have you ever had a tree of bush shaken because you've gotten too close? And, have you ever heard a tonal breathing sound? It's kind of hard to explain this one, it's like a snoring sound, but not the raspy back of the throat kind, more a note/tone.

Yep. That's a pretty good description. Kind of makes your blood run cold.

Okay good enough for me. Don't like that sound. Really don't like that sound.